Page 208 of 233 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3488
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It would probably be called "Batman is the best most unbeatable hero: a Superman story"
    Come on, it would be called Power Metal and you know it
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

Spectacular Member

Wait only 6 new issues ? Or it's renewed for 16 more issues ?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Sounds like 16 total....
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    Wait only 6 new issues ? Or it's renewed for 16 more issues ?
    It's 16 total.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    This reminds me of when Marvel was advertising their books following a TV model.

Was expecting a new #1 so I'm pleasantly surprised by this just continuing same numbering. Only 6 issues? Maybe Ram will get to the point faster then and Perkins will be able to do all 6 issues

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me of when Marvel was advertising their books following a TV model.
    DC is doing something similar with the Milestone books as well as this
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

INTERVIEW: Mark Russell talks creator-owned projects DEADBOX, NOT ALL ROBOTS, and more
    Grunenwald: I also wanted to ask, you’ve teased a couple of DC projects that you’re working on. And I know Steve Lieber has shared some images that look fantastic. Can you say anything about those at this point?

Russell:
    Yes, it’s basically about some D-list superheroes who have to use an app, sort of like an Uber-like app, to book gigs to do birthday parties and sort of cameo appearances. They’ll leave a message on your phone for 100 bucks. And it’s about the lives of those superheroes that live on the margins of superherodom.

Grunenwald: Sort of sounds sort of like building on Wonder Twins a little bit.

Russell: Yeah, it’s like the people who weren’t even good enough to be the Wonder Twins, are not able to get a gig with the Hall of Justice. Red Tornado, who is actually a legitimate superhero, [is] sort of the manager of the place, and so he’s there. He really tries to help these heroes maximize their potential and find gigs even though most of them are fading fast

Grunenwald: There’s a panel that Steve shared that’s G.I. Robot at a kids’ birthday party. I saw that and said, ‘what is this book?’

Russell: Yeah, that’s the other thing, too. A lot of them get gigs they’re not really suited for, because people just want them because of their name and because they’re a superhero with some cachet, you know, 20 years ago. And they basically feel like circus elephants, just being trotted out.

Sounds hilarious
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Power Girl and Plastic Man are "D-list superheroes not even at the Wonder Twins level"?!?

Power Girl and Plastic Man are "D-list superheroes not even at the Wonder Twins level"?!?
    At least he thinks Red Tornado is a legitimate Superhero.

Incredible Member

I have issues with that statement too! I was looking forward to this mini (and I still hope not to be disappointed) but anyone calling Power Girl or Plas "d-list" heroes is worrying to me.

Well, Russell is kind of an irreverent writer so it's probably safe not to take it too seriously.

He WOULD big up the twins of course, as he used to write them.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman