Page 64 of 233 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    What an absolute waste of Gage's talent. The man has proven he has the chops for doing a solid team book and they waste him on this dreck.
    What good team books has he written?

Astonishing Member

Avengers Academy and Avengers Initiative.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

All of the Milestone stuff has me interested, although I'll be waiting for the trades since I can't do digital. After being underwhelmed by Ayala at first, their New Mutants run is only 3 issues in and already much better than what came before! They have a real voice for younger characters so I think Static is in good hands!

Christos Gage is definitely better than this. In addition to the Avengers books mentioned, he also had a run on X-Men Legacy that was pretty great.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I mean I just view the Fortnite thing as another of dc’s weird crossovers they do. Honestly it’s pretty par for the course.

I mean so far we’ve had Legion of Superheroes/Star Trek, Green Lantern/Star Trek 1 & 2, Green Lantern/Planet of the Apes, Justice League/Power Rangers, Justice League/RWBY, He-man/Injustice, and the surprisingly successful Batman/TMNT series. Did I forget anything?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    . . . I mean so far we’ve had Legion of Superheroes/Star Trek, Green Lantern/Star Trek 1 & 2, Green Lantern/Planet of the Apes, Justice League/Power Rangers, Justice League/RWBY, He-man/Injustice, and the surprisingly successful Batman/TMNT series. Did I forget anything?
    Well, back in 1991 we had

Extraordinary Member

Nicola Scott doing something for DC perhaps:

https://twitter.com/NicolaScottArt/s...57387876855808

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, back in 1991 we had
    There was also Batman VS Aliens and Superman VS Aliens as well.

Batman VS Predator had two squeals, think the Alien one was just a two parter

Astonishing Member

Superman vs Aliens was actually a backdoor plot to reintroduce Supergirl, an idea that unfortunately was never used. So it actually has some nominal value.

The Milestone relaunches sound really cool .
    It wouldn't be Gage's first game tie-in.
    Superman vs Aliens was actually a backdoor plot to reintroduce Supergirl, an idea that unfortunately was never used. So it actually has some nominal value.
    That sounds so random .

What an absolute waste of Gage's talent. The man has proven he has the chops for doing a solid team book and they waste him on this dreck.
    I haven't read anything he's written, but if he's a great writer how will it be dreck? It's not the characters or concept that make a great comic, it's the creators.

This whole Linearverse thing could prove to be one big headache, I don’t know.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The Milestone news is great, especially seeing Vita as Static's writer and the fact DC is finally adopting the seasonal weekly model for their digital comics and launching them as part of DCU Infinite.
    I got tired of mentioning how much more sense the model makes than their current half-assed Digital Firsts initiative.
    Some of their digital firsts like Next Batman: Second Son and Justice League: Last Ride are limited series so similar to a seasonal weekly model

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewFieldhouse View Post
    Some of their digital firsts like Next Batman: Second Son and Justice League: Last Ride are limited series so similar to a seasonal weekly model
    But Second Son has the cropped page format and as far as I know isn't available on DCU Infinite from the get go like Milestone's books will be. Last Ride will probably be the same as Second Son.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    This isn't for a book, it's for a print he's doing: https://twitter.com/AMartinezBueno/s...38234043256835