Page 19 of 233 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Hate to keep bringing this up, but we have to remember AT&T has fired a lot of DC’s staff over the past few months. Less books are expected, they’re gonna focus on books they know will sell well first. I’m hopeful other books will come soon:
    A part of me wonders if DC just doesn't have the capital to throw out all the mini's Marvel does (and Marvel has the added incentive of movie synergy and event tie-ins).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I'm not so sure they refer to wally as former kid flash not flash. I think its just a one and done story.

God forbid they copy rebirth wonde women and make even numbers a Barry story and odd a wally story
    Isn't that Wally's Flash costume?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wrong.

MAN-BAT #3
    written by DAVE WIELGOSZ
    art by SUMIT KUMAR
    cover by KYLE HOTZ
    ON SALE 4/6/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 3 OF 5 | FC | DC
    Kirk Langstrom’s mental state has been deteriorating for years, but in the wake of his violent altercation with the Suicide Squad, he’s found himself on the verge of a complete emotional collapse. Luckily (or unluckily) for Kirk, Dr. Harleen Quinzel is offering pro bono—and entirely unsolicited—psychological counseling. As Harley delves deep into his damaged mind, she uncovers tragic events that set the stage for his transformation into Man-Bat in the first place. Will her psychotic brand of psychology help Kirk make peace with his inner demons or leave his mind even more fractured than it was?
    My wrong.

That's still a mini-series that started before the Infinity Frontier thing.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-15-2021 at 10:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It worked for me. It let them keep consistent art teams on a double shipping book, something WW hasn’t been able to do since. And they collected it in trades properly so for the book market it wasn’t really an issue.
    I read the first 4 volumes in trade. The first 3 probably when they originally came out, but the 4th one (Godwatch) just a month ago, and that 4th volume makes no sense reading it on its own.

Christ, ANOTHER Batman book. I mean, I love Batman. I really do. But enough's enough, already. This is getting worse than Marvel using Wolverine as a crutch for most of the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Aquaman, Supergirl and Shazam doesn't sell good when they were canceled. So, I don't think these titles were reliable sellers anymore.

I think money is the main reason at the end.
    actually Aquaman suffered bad sales only in the last year, it was always very consistent and had decent sales although not the stellar sales of Johns run. The problem was that although personally I liked KSD's run it was controversial in some aspects and lost more than half of the readership for that reason. However DC knew that such take could be a risky one, they approved it. Anyhow they canceled it and punished the title for a take which they knew beforehand that it could lose readers. Besides in the last year the run had three fillers in 11months, which sank even more the book. So DC is at fault here.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

What is going ON at DC? I thought Action having the wrong artist on its cover was bad but...

AT&T really cut them down to the bone.

Disappointed that Taylor’s book is yet another Batman title but at least it sounds different enough from the standard fair. Having it be about a middle aged Batman and setting it in Europe has me slightly intrigued.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

Alan Moore doing quadruple duties?

What is going ON at DC? I thought Action having the wrong artist on its cover was bad but...

Is this not Jim Cheung..?

Not a big deal, it would be bad if was already printed, not a solicit picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is this not Jim Cheung..?
    Couldn't even be bothered to letter the cover properly for their solicits. This means they did the trade dress and put everything on there and just got lazy with the actual credits. On Action you have Hester listed instead of Sampere too. Someone is getting pushed way too hard at DC to do everything at once it seems.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Aquaman, Supergirl and Shazam doesn't sell good when they were canceled. So, I don't think these titles were reliable sellers anymore.

I think money is the main reason at the end.
    Shazam was delayed nonstop. People get tired of pre ordering and the book gets delayed nonstop. So what happens another book takes that slot for Shazam.
    Supergirl got derailed by BENDIS than some lost in space story and then Death Metal mess-so you lost your audience.

Some of that falls on DC.

Both Aquaman and Supergirl held long runs many times. Now they are shelved? At at time where the COMPETITION is not playing anymore. Now there are more choices and when you have FED up fans that are tired of seeing a company be ONE guy or can't trust the folks in charge. They go elsewhere.

Spawn might not be talked about much here but at least those readers don't have to worry about the writer getting chased off, harrassed or threatened off the book.
    Power Rangers are not butchering fan favorites because someone does not like Adam, Iesha and Rocky.

Those 3 could do better numbers than Man Bat and Teen Academy.

Man Bat being UNDER Batman is the ONLY reason he gets a spot on the shelves. Floppy and trade. Otherwise the usual suspects would be fit throwing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I wouldn't say it's a title "we were confident of" since they flat out told us it was coming lol. Interesting that it's Dexter Soy on art and not Tom Raney like Newsarama originally said though.

I've said it before but Jo's book was always canon and so I'm glad she's making her way into the present and not just the future.

I'm also happy that Teen Lantern is getting more play.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlantern View Post
    How is Jo going to be the GL of our present timeline when she looks the same age in the future State book which is set in 2050?
    Considering how old she looked when 9/11 was referenced in her book, she is mid to late 20's which actually makes her around the same age as Tim/Jace, and would make them the oldest members in Future State Justice League, although with space shenanigans anything is possible and she could wind up having not aged at all.

As for how she would look the same, Bianca Lawson, Regina King, Halle Berry, I could go on, it happens often.

Flatline looks interesting, too bad I have no interest in reading a Damian solo book.

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...15/dcapril.htm
    Solicits. Nothing new, except Huntress and Ghost-Maker get their back-ups.
    If someone is interested, they're releasing Challenge of Super Sons in print, starting in April.
    I'm getting The Next Batman (digital issues and all)
    Far Sector
    Green Lantern
    Justice League
    Teen Titans Academy
    Superman Red & Blue

And I think that's it for me.

Lol.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-15-2021 at 11:18 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...15/dcapril.htm
    Solicits. Nothing new, except Huntress and Ghost-Maker get their back-ups.
    If someone is interested, they're releasing Challenge of Super Sons in print, starting in April.
    Well I don’t feel like starting a new thread so what I’m probably reading is:

Green Lantern#1
    Robin #1
    Next Batman: Second Son (probably digital)
    Flash #769
    Nightwing #79
    Suicide Squad #2
    Teen Titans Academy #2
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Flatline looks interesting, too bad I have no interest in reading a Damian solo book.
    Right there with you. I love Melnikov's art and everything about Flatline seems very cool, but I cannot stand that runt Damian and I don't think I can follow a book with a character whose text bubbles I'll likely end up skipping. Maybe she's cool and like Dick and Jon, Flatline can make Damian tolerable, but I'll wait to hear others speak of that.