Page 193 of 233 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3488

I wouldn't mind Williamson or Jeremy Adams taking over.

Given how often Dick's fate in the Bat books affect his role in the Titans, I wouldn't mind Donna or Starfire or Vic leading the Titans for a bit.

Incredible Member

I would like to see a mini-series that recounts panel by panel Titans continuity since Infinite Crisis because it seems that that's where they really went off the cliff. But I doubt that will happen. However it would be great if they did do a continuity compendium, covering all the crises for characters other than the big 7.

Can't do that in "everything happened" world.

They should just have those 3 page origin stories like the ones they released after Infinite Crisis. Just so readers could get the broadstrokes of the current continuity. But I doubt even they know

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    They should just have those 3 page origin stories like the ones they released after Infinite Crisis. Just so readers could get the broadstrokes of the current continuity. But I doubt even they know
    I wonder if they had stuck to Didio's timeline if anything would have made more sense. I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they had stuck to Didio's timeline if anything would have made more sense. I doubt it.
    Judging by the little we've seen of it, I doubt it lol.

I think it would have worked like "Batman has been active for 5 years" did during New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think it would have worked like "Batman has been active for 5 years" did during New 52.
    And a new Robin every year .

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I'm not sure why they should do it. If the Titans are okay sellers even if their runs are mediocre, why bench them?
    Dick and Wally have solos right now, and Raven and Beast Boy have top-selling YA OGN, so there's a general interest in these characters, and it's a shame to toss other characters like cyborg or Starfire into limbo.
    A webtoon series is also a great idea, but I don't see a reason to bench this team in comics. Actually, it's quite a problem that DC doesn't have many team books at the moment, because many good characters that can't have their own solos are just fading into limbo.
    For one it builds demand. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, bench them for a year while you get someone to come up with an ambitious plan for them, and you’ll probably see higher sales and attention once they finally return. For another I feel like all these mediocre runs are hurting the brand.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    For one it builds demand. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, bench them for a year while you get someone to come up with an ambitious plan for them, and you’ll probably see higher sales and attention once they finally return. For another I feel like all these mediocre runs are hurting the brand.
    That is what they did with Thor back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    . . . Then again, they still haven't released a JSA book...
    Maybe they're just waiting for us older fans to go away and stop bothering them . . .

Is it that they don't know or are they afraid of committing to establishing "current continuity" for fear of alienating people who preferred the continuity/continuities that DC gets rid of because of whatever continuity DC commits to?

Good idea! Marvel did that for the Legacy relaunch a few years ago. They were called Primers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I mean, there was an artist a while ago that posted pages from the Abnett/Redondo Titans issues on twitter, saying that he was doing research. We probably are getting some kind of Titans book to at least go alongside Teen Titans Academy.

Based on solicits the team / group of instructors in TTA (as of December0 are basically identical to the Winick run aka the classic New Teen Titans characters plus Roy Harper. It's literally a team that, at least sales-wise, DC can't seem to go wrong with. And the fact that Dick, Wally, Kori, Gar, Raven, Vic, and to a lesser extent Donna are so popular effectively makes it make sense.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Give Titans to Tom Taylor. Problem solved. In fact, Williamson’s fine but Taylor would make a much better architect than him or Snyder (or Johns).

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Give Titans to Tom Taylor. Problem solved. In fact, Williamson’s fine but Taylor would make a much better architect than him or Snyder (or Johns).
    That'd also prevent editorial gaffes like the DickKori and DickBabs stuff overlapping.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey