Page 121 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 3488

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah, it's because the comics and outside media, or in this case the YA line, obviously isn't the same thing. When it comes to the main DC continuity, if they don't want a Scott Free book, they can just use Shilo instead and give him his own stories. But if they want a Mister Miracle story that takes advantage of the character's lore and they think that for some reason the original Scott Free isn't marketable enough to new fans, they would just apply the predictable tactic to him instead. Don't get me wrong, to me Mister Miracle isn't the kind of hill worth dying on, but the more they make this kind of decisions even with characters that have little to no mainstream recognition, I think it's just more indication of how creatively bankrupt they appear to be.
    Yeah, this is the kind of race-bending that just seems really disingenuous to me. Especially when there's another character in the actual mythos who has the same race you're racebending the lead into.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    . . . You can only pull so much of a surprise before it becomes nonsensical, and we already have so many potential villains we know of in Infinite Frontier; Psycho Pirate, Darkseid, now "X-tract" and maybe Flashpoint Batman. Plus the possibility that Bones might not be on the up and up.
    Maybe X-tract will be revealed to be . . . Hank Hall!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe X-tract will be revealed to be . . . Hank Hall!

Or maybe, now that you’ve blown his cover, they’ll change him to Captain Atom.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    You can only pull so much of a surprise before it becomes nonsensical, and we already have so many potential villains we know of in Infinite Frontier; Psycho Pirate, Darkseid, now "X-tract" and maybe Flashpoint Batman. Plus the possibility that Bones might not be on the up and up.
    I’d thought Williamson was talking about a surprise hero/member of the IF team, so I wasn’t talking about another villain, I was talking about a multiversal hero. I know people here are sick of Batman and don’t like the Flashpoint Batman, but I’m not and I do.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean X-tract would target Flashpoint Batman, unlike the JSA who have become an important part of Earth-0’s history this version of Thomas Wayne is very clearly someone not of the main universe.
    Or this. This sounds cool too and makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Or maybe, now that you’ve blown his cover, they’ll change him to Captain Atom.
    And then in Williamson’s big event next year Atom blows up and in his place Breach returns and we go full circle.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    And then in Williamson’s big event next year Atom blows up and in his place Breach returns and we go full circle.
    So instead of Rebirth we'll transition to . . . Breach-Birth?

Alright spoilers for a book that just came out today and read the spoilers if you want because I’m pretty sure it announced two books.

spoilers:
    At the end of the Stargirl spring break one-shot it announced a Stargirl #1 with Emiko and Courtney going to go look for Wing of the Seven Soldiers of Victory who may still be alive, but after that we get a preview with Degaton getting clock king about hurting the JSA and I’m pretty sure the final page is a line-up shot for a brand new JSA series.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Welp. Looks like another Teen Titans upperclassman leaving the team then spoilers:
    (they'll already be losing Crush, now Red Arrow's off doing something else).
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Welp. Looks like another Teen Titans upperclassman leaving the team then spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Teen Titans Academy has plenty of characters anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    end of spoilers
    Red Arrow can appear in both books. There is no reason why she should quit the Titans only because she is gonna appear in other series.

Spectacular Member

DC Comics reveals ‘The Joker Presents: A Puzzlebox’ #1 coming this August, by Matthew Rosenberg, Jesús Merino, Joshua Hixon and Ulises Arreola.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/25/dc...g-this-august/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySpectre View Post
    DC Comics reveals ‘The Joker Presents: A Puzzlebox’ #1 coming this August, by Matthew Rosenberg, Jesús Merino, Joshua Hixon and Ulises Arreola.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/25/dc...g-this-august/
    Digital-first from 7 June

Spectacular Member

Upcoming New JSA serie by Geoff Johns and art by Bryan Hitch

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySpectre View Post
    Upcoming New JSA serie by Geoff Johns and art by Bryan Hitch
    Unless they give an official announcement, I'll consider this as another empty tease from DC.