Page 14 of 233 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    If we are getting solicitations tomorrow, that doesn’t bold well for a lot of new announcements that month besides whatever Tom Taylor is up too..
    I mean there’s

Williamson’s Robin
    Ridley’s Next Batman:Second Son
    Geoff Thorne Green Lantern
    And whatever Taylor has to announce
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Next Tom Taylor book will be announced tomorrow. Probably along with the full solicits.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...38234016800781
    Oh please let this be JSA. Taylor would be terrific on JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Also please don't ruin Rose or Deathstroke, other people writing them has irritated me b/c they've become very one note caricature-y outside of Priest's hands.
    These characters will always suffer by comparison to Priest’s incredible run.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yet we get Checkmate, Damian book and Teen Academy.

How long did Checkmante last the last time?

Green Arrow can at least boast a longer than 33 issue run. As can JSA, Supergirl, Superboy and others.

So if sales is what matters where are they at?

And to be honest those comic book sales are NOT going to eat way at the 150 billion debt AT&T has.

DC was not caring about sales when they SCREWED over so many characters like Wally who sold. When faboys ran the place.

Why care NOW?
    Could well be in preparation for a TV/film adaptation. That’s a reason to invest in a property with historically low sales.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlantern View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if Taylor's new book was a Blue Beetle/Booster book.
    That would be awesome. Without exception, I have loved every single thing that Taylor’s written for DC. And he wrote them beautifully in Injustice. Same goes for Green Arrow and Black Canary and I would really really love Taylor on a GA/BC title.

I totally understand why people would be disappointed that their favorite characters don’t have a series coming up. But I would wait for the April or May solicits before feeling confident that they won’t have a series. Even after all of this time, I find it difficult to believe that the JSA won’t be getting a title, at least a mini series. They’ve been more prominent in the last year than they were in the last nine years combined. So I will be very disappointed if they don’t get a series but I believe they will.

So give me Tom Taylor on a BB/BG series, on a GA/BC series, and on JSA. I know that’s too much to ask, but it’s not too much to wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe Red X is . . .
    * Bette Kane?
    * one of the We Are Robin or Gotham Academy kids?
    * Bat-Mite?
    Ooh... it’s unlikely to happen but I would absolutely love to see the return of Bette Kane.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Confirmation that solicitations are tomorrow! https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status...88160122155008

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Next Tom Taylor book will be announced tomorrow. Probably along with the full solicits.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...38234016800781
    Oh please let this be JSA. Taylor would be terrific on JSA.
    While I've seen some good stuff from Taylor, his run on Earth 2 during the New52 would make me less confident about his writing the Justice Society of America.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Confirmation that solicitations are tomorrow! https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status...88160122155008
    The title they hinted at: https://www.gamesradar.com/april-gre...t-and-new-gls/

Another title that we were confident of. This will be slow rollout, hopefully patience pays off for those waiting for stuff not even rumored about yet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The title they hinted at: https://www.gamesradar.com/april-gre...t-and-new-gls/

Another title that we were confident of. This will be slow rollout, hopefully patience pays off for those waiting for stuff not even rumored about yet.
    I wouldn't say it's a title "we were confident of" since they flat out told us it was coming lol. Interesting that it's Dexter Soy on art and not Tom Raney like Newsarama originally said though.

Those Robin panels look good.
    I hope Taylor's book isn't another dark AU story.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I wouldn't say it's a title "we were confident of" since they flat out told us it was coming lol. Interesting that it's Dexter Soy on art and not Tom Raney like Newsarama originally said though.

I’m actually kind of glad Teen Lantern is sticking around, not just because I thought she was at least kind of fun over in Young Justice (yes I am one of the people who liked that series) but also because it makes a lot of sense since she apparently has a green lantern accessing gauntlet which merged with its earth 3 counterpart, ie very dangerous weapon in the hands of a child. Can’t wait to see how John and her interact outside of the final issue of Young Justice.

I also really like the idea of playing how the green lanterns fit if the United planets exist, color me intrigued by that new dynamic.

I also hope they keep up the good work of Jo from Far Sector.

Edit: By the way...who is the other guy in that ship with John and Teen Lantern? I don’t recognize him and I can’t make out the symbol on his chest.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-14-2021 at 07:28 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Edit: By the way...who is the other guy in that ship with John and Teen Lantern? I don’t recognize him and I can’t make out the symbol on his chest.
    Looks like Simon Baz without his mask on based off what we can see from his costume.