Page 22 of 233 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    What ongoing in March sell less than Supergirl and Aquaman?
    As far as anything relevant to Infinite Frontier stuff, just Teen Titans really. Nightwing was hovering around those titles before the Joker War spike but that was Ric, so let's put an asterisk beside that one. Anything else (*cough * Batgirl *cough*) is not back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    In summary, I will say:

Marvel : Quanlity > Quantity

DC : Quantity > Quality

People wonder why Marvel slowly grow successful thank to the MCU.
    Might want to count again if that’s your argument, Marvel has far more books than DC, and Marvel is using the classic varaint cover gimmick to artificially inflate #1 sales. I would say that the MU is overall in much better shape than the DCU though.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post

Marvel : Quality > Quantity
    Hah.

Oh, wait. You're serious.

Hah!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    As far as anything relevant to Infinite Frontier stuff, just Teen Titans really. Nightwing was hovering around those titles before the Joker War spike but that was Ric, so let's put an asterisk beside that one. Anything else (*cough * Batgirl *cough*) is not back yet.
    Thank you very much.

Teen Titan Academy is a new concept. So, DC is trying to experiment. Also, I suspect they want the popularity of Strange Academy.

In the case of Nightwing, they also put Barbara in the comic (it seems the only comic where she is Batgirl). So I guess they really expect the sales will be better.

Thank you very much.

Teen Titan Academy is a new concept. So, DC is trying to experiment. Also, I suspect they want the popularity of Strange Academy.

In the case of Nightwing, they also put Barbara in the comic (it seems the only comic where she is Batgirl). So I guess they really expect the sales will be better.
    Nightwing will sell better by the merit of it not being Ric. His typical floor for sales (New 52, Grayson, pre-Ric Rebirth) is typically at least the mid 20ks and usually in the top half of solos behind the some Justice Leaguers and Harley Quinn.

Speaking for myself personally, I will be buying it for the first time in 2 years.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Thank you very much.

Sure, but why not give Shazam, JSA, Aquaman and Supergirl new shots like Nightwing got too? I think all these books have enough fans that would warrant at least new minis as tryouts.
    Besides, Legion wasn't selling so bad AFAIK and there's still no word on them.
    It does feel like a double standard. DC will give new chances to low selling Batbooks while keeping other popular franchises in limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Sure, but why not give Shazam, JSA, Aquaman and Supergirl new shots like Nightwing got too? I think all these books have enough fans that would warrant at least new minis as tryouts.
    Besides, Legion wasn't selling so bad AFAIK and there's still no word on them.
    It does feel like a double standard. DC will give new chances to low selling Batbooks while keeping other popular franchises in limbo.
    Nightwing still sold more than Aquaman and Supergirl in his low point as Ric Grayson.
    He usually sells around 20 to 25 K when DC is not screwing with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Personally, I don't want DC to introduce a new JSA title until they straighten out what is and what isn't still part of the continuity; they have a good direction for the team they can stick with; and until they get a good writer and artist for the book.

We saw what happened when DC pretended they were bringing back the JSA during the New52 and we wound up with that Earth 2 mess.
    I wonder if DC even knows how to put together a good Justice Society book these days.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Personally, I don't want DC to introduce a new JSA title until they straighten out what is and what isn't still part of the continuity; they have a good direction for the team they can stick with; and until they get a good writer and artist for the book.

We saw what happened when DC pretended they were bringing back the JSA during the New52 and we wound up with that Earth 2 mess.
    I wonder if DC even knows how to put together a good Justice Society book these days.
    So we'll never get another JSA book lol.
    DC are not going to straighten out their continuity any time soon. The whole "everything is remembered" thing will only confuse things even more, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Nightwing still sold more than Aquaman and Supergirl in his low point as Ric Grayson.
    He usually sells around 20 to 25 K when DC is not screwing with him.
    Aquaman used to sell about 25k before the drop in sales last year, it was in last January with a filler that Aquaman sales dropped and to add more woes they did two other fillers in summer which sank the ship. But the average sales for Aquaman is between 25 to 30k. When they have Mera and Arthur front and center it reaches 40k.
    nightwing.JPG
    Aquaman.JPG
    Last edited by Goldrake; 01-16-2021 at 10:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member

It is not like Bargirl or Red Hood have solos coming out. Both of them are getting stories in Urban Legends and Batgirl is in Nightwing.

Aquaman will be in the Justice League which may set up some future stuff for the Aquaman title that no doubt will come out at some point.

Shazam is going to likely be with the Teen Titans Academy, although with Black Adam showing up in the Justice League he may get some appearances there too.

Supergirl, and Shazam, both have Future State books too so there will probably be something down the line. It just is not coming out all at once as Jim Lee told us.

Hawkman/JSA stuff, I don't feel any hope right now, but most of this other stuff people just need to chill out, stop being jealous of Dick Grayson, one of the oldest and most well known characters, getting a book.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Aquaman used to sell about 25k before the drop in sales last year, it was in last January with a filler that Aquaman sales dropped and to add more woes they did two other fillers in summer which sank the ship. But the average sales for Aquaman is between 25 to 30k. When they have Mera and Arthur front and center it reaches 40k.
    nightwing.JPG
    Aquaman.JPG
    Most of the numbers you choose for Nightwing were of the Ric Grayson era, as you can see it goes down steadily, but funny enough it never got to 13k like Aquaman did, despite DCs best effort with two years of this mess.

Also, i don't get it the random numbers from other years. I checked and every single one of thoses examples Nightwing\Grayson outsold Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Most of the numbers you choose for Nightwing were of the Ric Grayson era, as you can see it goes down steadily, but funny enough it never got to 13k like Aquaman did, despite DCs best effort with two years of this mess.

Also, i don't get it the random numbers from other years. I checked and every single one of thoses examples Nightwing\Grayson outsold Aquaman.
    I wrote that Aquaman sells well when it has Mera and Arthur are front and center not that it outsold Nightwing.

The 13k you mention are for the filler solo with Jackson and I didn't see DC doing any special efforts for Aquaman in the last two years, on the contrary they approved a take that they knew it was gonna be controversial and that could damage the book, which it did. They never made any effort on marketing for the book at all to compensate for that.
    When Aquaman is left in able hands it was able even to record over 100k sales and that is no joke for a character that was a laughing stock for decades.

Extraordinary Member

I wrote that Aquaman sells well when it has Mera and Arthur are front and center not that it outsold Nightwing.

The 13k you mention are for the filler solo with Jackson and I didn't see DC doing any special efforts for Aquaman in the last two years, on the contrary they approved a take that they knew it was gonna be controversial and that could damage the book, which it did. They never made any effort on marketing for the book at all to compensate for that.
    When Aquaman is left in able hands it was able even to record over 100k sales and that is no joke for a character that was a laughing stock for decades.
    This all started with the claim that Aquaman was one of the sure sellers that DC just bafflingly left off the solicits.

Fact is, Aquaman is not a sure seller. Fact is, there really aren't any sure sellers except Batman so it is moot.

Can Aquaman sell? Yes. Was it? No. So let's let the title take a break so they can find the right team for the right pitch and launch it at the right time, yeah?

I don't think DC did a great effort with any comic in the last two years, which is a shame.

I I havent't been reading Aquaman since Johns left, but i thought the last run was well received. With Andy being Aquawoman of Future State, i had the impression that people liked. They didn't?