Page 62 of 233 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I may be forgetting, but this is the first I'm hearing of an Aquaman anthology.

(PAD only doing minis and he's still exclusive? Okay).
    Maybe it’s like the Claremont deal where it’s mostly to pay him just to sit quietly in a corner somewhere lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Azzarello was on Word Balloon:

• He mentioned he has a Black Label project in the works
    • Towards the end he said he had a few things coming up with DC one of which is with Lee Bermejo
    • One of the characters he's writing use to be a Robin
    I’m so sick of Azz’s Batman, gorgeous Bermejo art, terrible storytelling. He really needs to move on, Damned was the epitome of how old his style has gotten and how he just doesn’t have anything meaningful to contribute anymore beyond hollow edge. I hope he’s not writing Nightwing, Red Hood would be “whatever”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

It hasn't been officially announced or solicited yet but like MarFarr said he's very tied in when it comes to Aquaman news.

Looking forward to Aquaman .
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m so sick of Azz’s Batman, gorgeous Bermejo art, terrible storytelling. He really needs to move on, Damned was the epitome of how old his style has gotten and how he just doesn’t have anything meaningful to contribute anymore beyond hollow edge. I hope he’s not writing Nightwing, Red Hood would be “whatever”.
    I guess Batman: Damned and the BoP thing not really happening didn't dissuade DC from using Azzarello.

Jason would make the most sense for his writing sensibilities.

Astonishing Member

Ironically according to an interview he did with Wizard, he went Marvel exclusive because DC under the previous management stopped giving him work. Probably because the previous publisher really didn't like the Earth Angel Supergirl and leaned on PAD's editor for YJ/Supergirl/Aquaman to not use him any more for DC stuff.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-23-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Red Hood Penis incoming?
    Before Azzarello is through, he'll have shown us the entire Bat-family's genitals...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Maybe it’s like the Claremont deal where it’s mostly to pay him just to sit quietly in a corner somewhere lol.
    That's also the first thing I thought when I saw he was still a Marvel exclusive; one project a year and they're always out-of-continuity/What If? style side stories.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Looking forward to Aquaman .

I guess Batman: Damned and the BoP thing not really happening didn't dissuade DC from using Azzarello.

Jason would make the most sense for his writing sensibilities.
    Despite controversy (or due to it?) Damned sold rather well, if I remember right.

Extraordinary Member

Despite controversy (or due to it?) Damned sold rather well, if I remember right.
    I would say it was due to the controversy - also I know some retailers were pretty pissed that DC wouldn't do a second printing of that first issue as it would've sold.

Astonishing Member

It sold well, but the negative publicity is what probably lead to AT&T cleaning house and firing a good chunk of the editorial/publishing staff at DC. It may have made money, but it was a huge strategic blunder that's undermined DC's position.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    It hasn't been officially announced or solicited yet but like MarFarr said he's very tied in when it comes to Aquaman news.
    can't be solicited for now, the 80th anniversary is in November.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    can't be solicited for now, the 80th anniversary is in November.
    Right, I was just clarifying for Frontier that he hasn't missed an announcement.

Looks like DC stealth announced a Next Batman mini?

Catch a Rising Hero: The Future Stars of Future State
    After Lucius received control of the Wayne family fortune in the aftermath of “The Joker War,” writer John Ridley is elaborating on the future, present and hidden past of this latest Dark Knight in Future State: The Next Batman, the 12-issue limited series The Next Batman, and the digital-first The Next Batman: Second Son.

Last edited by Dougbauer; 02-24-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    I thought he was doing an indie book with Tynion? Guess Tynion got him a Batbook.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I thought he was doing an indie book with Tynion? Guess Tynion got him a Batbook.
    I think the book with tynion was always a DC project. Though I do wonder how much of it changed because it was in the works since last summer. And I'm doubtful it's a batman book, even with the art he teased in the tweet.