Page 131 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3488
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewFieldhouse View Post
    You sure? The solicitations Julys and Augusts Son of Kal-El are $3.99 and don't mention a backup
    *Fingers crossed!*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

You sure? The solicitations Julys and Augusts Son of Kal-El are $3.99 and don't mention a backup
    Yeah, I'm sure. It does mention a backup and the price stated is a mistake, the cover says $4.99.

Superman: Son of Kal-El #1

story by Tom Taylor
    art by John Timms
    cover by John Timms
    ON SALE 7/13/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant cover by InHyuk Lee
    US $4.99
    card stock variant cover by Stephen Byrne
    US $4.99
    1:25 card stock variant cover by Jen Bartel
    US $4.99
    1:50 card stock variant cover by John Timms
    US $4.99

Jonathan Kent has experienced a lot in his young life. He’s traveled the galaxies with his Kryptonian grandfather and lived in the future with the Legion of Super-Heroes, who were intent on training him for the day his father, Clark Kent, could no longer be Superman. There is a hole in the Legion’s history that prevents Jon from knowing exactly when that will happen, but all signs point to it being very soon. It’s time for the son to wear the cape of his father and bear the symbol of hope that has told the world who Superman really is. Join writer Tom Taylor (Nightwing, DCeased) and artist John Timms (Infinite Frontier) as they usher in a whole new era for the House of El!
    Also, “Tales of Metropolis” continues. Jimmy Olsen gathers his misfit heroes, including Ambush Bug and Gangbuster, to find out who the Projectress really is and why she set her sights on Bibbo!

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    It ends with “to be continued in Stargirl #1.”
    Yeah, a Stargirl book is confirmed. An actual JSA book isn't.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-05-2021 at 11:44 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    *Fingers crossed!*
    Taylor said on Twitter that the $4.99 was a mistake, it is $3.99

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomTaylor...38440106659841
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    It ends with “to be continued in Stargirl #1.”
    Has DC said anything about when Stargirl #1 is due out?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure. It does mention a backup and the price stated is a mistake, the cover says $4.99.

Superman: Son of Kal-El #1

story by Tom Taylor
    art by John Timms
    cover by John Timms
    ON SALE 7/13/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant cover by InHyuk Lee
    US $4.99
    card stock variant cover by Stephen Byrne
    US $4.99
    1:25 card stock variant cover by Jen Bartel
    US $4.99
    1:50 card stock variant cover by John Timms
    US $4.99

Jonathan Kent has experienced a lot in his young life. He’s traveled the galaxies with his Kryptonian grandfather and lived in the future with the Legion of Super-Heroes, who were intent on training him for the day his father, Clark Kent, could no longer be Superman. There is a hole in the Legion’s history that prevents Jon from knowing exactly when that will happen, but all signs point to it being very soon. It’s time for the son to wear the cape of his father and bear the symbol of hope that has told the world who Superman really is. Join writer Tom Taylor (Nightwing, DCeased) and artist John Timms (Infinite Frontier) as they usher in a whole new era for the House of El!
    Also, “Tales of Metropolis” continues. Jimmy Olsen gathers his misfit heroes, including Ambush Bug and Gangbuster, to find out who the Projectress really is and why she set her sights on Bibbo!

Yeah, a Stargirl book is confirmed. An actual JSA book isn't.
    I checked https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...on-of-kal-el-1 which has a different solicitation text which no mention of backup and $3.99 for both issues, I want the backups to continue but it doesn't seem likely

I checked https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...on-of-kal-el-1 which has a different solicitation text which no mention of backup and $3.99 for both issues, I want the backups to continue but it doesn't seem likely
    I want those backups to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    I want those backups to go away.
    Same.

With the exception of JLD, none of the backups have been worth the extra dollar, imho...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Extraordinary Member

The July DC Connect has Superman: Son of Kal-El at 3.99 and mentions the backup in the solicit text but doesn't list a backup creative team - all other backup creative teams for other books are listed - and the DC Connect for August doesn't mention a backup at all. Think it's likely that the backup won't be continuing.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The July DC Connect has Superman: Son of Kal-El at 3.99 and mentions the backup in the solicit text but doesn't list a backup creative team - all other backup creative teams for other books are listed - and the DC Connect for August doesn't mention a backup at all. Think it's likely that the backup won't be continuing.

Yeah, seems it was originally going to continue but cancelled at some point, shame it seems the Tales of Metropolis story won't continue, hopefully won't end on a cliffhanger

So "Tales of Metropolis" won't continue in Action Comics, where it was previously?

I have a feeling these solicits are kind of a mess. I'm not going to hold my breath or set any expectations regarding backups, price points, etc. What we end up getting is what we get...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    So "Tales of Metropolis" won't continue in Action Comics, where it was previously?

I have a feeling these solicits are kind of a mess. I'm not going to hold my breath or set any expectations regarding backups, price points, etc. What we end up getting is what we get...
    It was in Superman, Midnighter was in Action. Could end up in Action in September though because Midnghter in ending in Augusts annual.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Has DC said anything about when Stargirl #1 is due out?
    No. Hopefully September though, as that'll be a few weeks after the show's second season starts airing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No. Hopefully September though, as that'll be a few weeks after the show's second season starts airing.
    So I guess we just have to wait and see when DC eventually gets around to releasing the September solicitation information sometime later this month?

So I guess we just have to wait and see when DC eventually gets around to releasing the September solicitation information sometime later this month?
    They got a new head of sales and are putting out DC Connect again so hopefully we won’t have the clusterf*** release of the last couple of months, although it’s anyone’s best guess as to when solicits will be out. Doubt they’ll be out this week to say the least.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They got a new head of sales and are putting out DC Connect again so hopefully we won’t have the clusterf*** release of the last couple of months, although it’s anyone’s best guess as to when solicits will be out. Doubt they’ll be out this week to say the least.
    Also they almost always announce new series separately, before solicits.