Page 26 of 233 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I didn’t like Earth-2 either but what you’re really looking for is reprints. Anything else won’t be the “real” JSA to you.
    I'm so glad you're telling me what I want. I never would have realized that if you hadn't pointed it out to me.

Have Maya, Lionheart, and Taz popped up in Future State? If not what is their last known fates?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Have Maya, Lionheart, and Taz popped up in Future State? If not what is their last known fates?
    I haven't seen any of them in FS yet, and wouldn't expect to.

To my knowledge, Maya and Lionheart haven't even shown up post-Zero Hour. And Taz ended up a throw rug.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I haven't seen any of them in FS yet, and wouldn't expect to.

To my knowledge, Maya and Lionheart haven't even shown up post-Zero Hour. And Taz ended up a throw rug.
    Maya was seen well after Zero Hour in a Phil Jimenez Wonder Woman issue where Circe turned all the world's men to beasts and all of the female heroes had to team up to fight (I believe) all of the female villains Circe assembled.

Taz was brought back to life in a slightly more feral, less "hulking fur monster" form in the Congorilla/Starman special. It's since been established he's dating Extrano (and may have adopted a child together; Can't be sure I'm remembering that right).

Thanks to you both! I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Maya was seen well after Zero Hour in a Phil Jimenez Wonder Woman issue where Circe turned all the world's men to beasts and all of the female heroes had to team up to fight (I believe) all of the female villains Circe assembled.

Taz was brought back to life in a slightly more feral, less "hulking fur monster" form in the Congorilla/Starman special. It's since been established he's dating Extrano (and may have adopted a child together; Can't be sure I'm remembering that right).
    Wow, I've read all of Jimenez' WW as well as Robinson's JL stuff and I have no memory of either. Getting old sucks...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    DC's antics helped end that run. I think what they want to try to include but editorial got in the way became Motor Crush at Image.

DC has helped send many out the door.

Green Lantern Mosaic was a victim.
    Priest's Batman The Hill-was meant to be 5 issues and not ONE
    Walker's Cyborg
    New 52 Static Shock
    1995 Black Lightning
    Impulse.
    Xombi was a victim but it was more due to New 52. The book was axed before issue one was even listed to buy.

Fletcher was the only one left who did Gotham Academy.
    But do we have clear indication that DC chased them off? The run never seemed that editorially effected after the Burnside change, especially when it became popular. Motor Crush seems like its own thing.

I'm not denying DC hasn't driven creators away, but I'm just not sure in this instance.

https://www.polygon.com/comics/2021/...riters-artists

Bendis will be doing an Old Guard story for Image. I guess his DC exclusivity contract ended?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silverlantern View Post
    https://www.polygon.com/comics/2021/...riters-artists

Bendis will be doing an Old Guard story for Image. I guess his DC exclusivity contract ended?
    I think those contracts are with respect to the other of the big two.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

This is just one comic shop, but it gives a good idea as to why we are getting so many batman books for infinite frontier: https://twitter.com/RyanHigginsRyan/...49761784446976
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 01-18-2021 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    This is just one comic shop, but it gives a good idea as to why we are getting somany batman books for infinite frontier: https://twitter.com/RyanHigginsRyan/...49761784446976
    I'm 6 blocks from that shop, and yes, the Batman love is quite evident on the shelves...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'm 6 blocks from that shop, and yes, the Batman love is quite evident on the shelves...
    It's prevalent at my LCS as well. For good or ill, Bruce sells.

This is just one comic shop, but it gives a good idea as to why we are getting so many batman books for infinite frontier: https://twitter.com/RyanHigginsRyan/...49761784446976
    I can’t blame DC for exploiting the fanbase of the one character they’ve actually done a good job with. Just as long as some of the money keeps the books I actually care about going.

Extraordinary Member

There are a few interesting things about that list, the most important one is that those are actual sales to customers as opposed to Diamond tracking sales to retailers. Now not so interesting thing is that of course Batman is going to take up most of the top 25/50 slots given the main Batman series is pretty much the top selling ongoing month after month. Now the next interesting thing is sort of a combination of these first two, and that we don't see all those big books that sold 100K+ on that list. Part of that is going to be because that shop seems to skew towards DC, but also because it shows that a lot of those chart topping books every month do not actually end up selling to readers.

What it does not show is that there is demand for Batman beyond the main title and the 3 Jokers. There is nothing on that list about any of the "many" other Batman titles. We do have other sources for that, of course, but I think that list there is just typical of throwing something up quickly and letting it tell a whopper of a tale.

Well, hopefully this builds up DC to where they start publishing more non-Batman books.