Page 15 of 233 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I think it'll be Injustice related:

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...30466291994625

Good lord, Taylor. Just leave that dead horse alone at this point.

How is Jo going to be the GL of our present timeline when she looks the same age in the future State book which is set in 2050?

Looks like Simon Baz without his mask on based off what we can see from his costume.
    Oh yeah that could be him, especially since he’s on the green lantern cover...which is awesome because I’m glad to see him get used more.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    While I've seen some good stuff from Taylor, his run on Earth 2 during the New52 would make me less confident about his writing the Justice Society of America.
    Seconded. I'm still waiting for that Taylor DC project I love. Fingers crossed it's Nightwing.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm guessing tom taylor is writing a black adam series costarring his revolutionaries from the suicide squad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by silverlantern View Post
    How is Jo going to be the GL of our present timeline when she looks the same age in the future State book which is set in 2050?
    I don't know how old she looks or is in Far Sector, and if that book takes place 'now', but after reading Justice League (2040) I could believe that is supposed to be a late 40s or so person. It is not like Batman looks elderly either. But I think getting fixated on this timeline is a waste of time, it is just there to help mentalize where these stories are in relation to each other, these things also become obsolete the second they are published due to the sliding timescale anyway.

I wouldn't say it's a title "we were confident of" since they flat out told us it was coming lol. Interesting that it's Dexter Soy on art and not Tom Raney like Newsarama originally said though.

Thoughts:

- As far as first covers for a Green Lantern relaunch go...not sure how I feel about it? John's supposed to be the main character but Teen Lantern is drawing more eyes on the cover despite John standing serenely in the center. Maybe it's just because I don't care all that much for Teen Lantern but I don't really feel her playing that big a role in the main GL book. I guess she'll be John's sidekick or the Shuri of the title?

- The cover feels more appropriate for a GLC book than a GL book in my opinion. I guess for the lack of the former, the latter will have to suffice on-top of being a John book again. Although Jo and Keli also get focus in the synopsis so maybe this is more of a team book or about the entire Corps. than just a solo.

- So on that cover we have Guy (sporting the bowl cut again), Kyle, and Simon who is in the preview art. It's nice to see someone remember Simon but if Guy and Kyle are actually in it that just leaves Hal and Jessica as the only Earth GL's unaccounted for.

- Soranik is a GL again?

- Is Ganthet wearing the old Guardians uniform?

I think it'll be Injustice related:

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...30466291994625

I don't know...that dialog could be read as foreboding or could be read as banter. Maybe I'm just hoping for a Beetle and Booster book too much, but I read that with a bit of a back-and-forth cadence to it.

Spectacular Member

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...esday-april-13

All this thought of Booster Gold, JSA, etc, and it's another Batman series

Extraordinary Member

New Bat-Villains! New Bat-Allies! A thrilling overseas adventure for the Dark Knight begins with the launch of DC’s Batman: The Dark Knight on April 13! Batman: The Dark Knight will take a seasoned Batman—a lifetime of broken bones but not a broken spirit—out of Wayne Manor and on a harrowing, action-packed European quest in a new six-issue miniseries with superstar creators Tom Taylor (DCeased, Suicide Squad) and Andy Kubert (Batman: The Dark Knight-The Master Race, Superman: Up in the Sky) at the helm! DC’s Dark Knight returns this April!
    Last edited by Hypo; 01-15-2021 at 07:04 AM.

I'm a fan if Tom Taylor, I really am, but this is just one Batman book too much for me. I might have to skip it. I'll probably at least give the first issue a looksie, see if it'll grab me. I'll probably revisit it once the series wraps.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Oh great. Another Batman series. Exactly what we needed.
    And the JSA are still in limbo

Spectacular Member

Oh !

Well i hope we will have less annouce fot bat-related titles in May XD

I beginning to think with Didio, we will have a JSA title more quick

I am torn... on one hand it could be interesting to see an old Batman again in action... but on the other hand, in Europe... I'm not sure the book will avoid the pitfalls of using usual comics violence here (as if everyone had a gun our side of the pond compared to the US ). Also I need to see the solicits for April befor edeciding what to do with that.