Page 25 of 233 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by robotgarden View Post
    Infinite Frontier doesn't seem to have any amazing changes for March and April. There's not even a JSA, which I thought there would be. Are there any surprises still hidden? Or will there be changes we can expect further into the summer?
    But, why would you think DC would do the right thing and give us a JSA book?

They have a long history of AVOIDING doing just that. They even take decently-selling runs and either cancel them or sabotage them because some people at DC seem to think they shouldn't have a book with a bunch of old guys being heroic.

And when they first were implying they were bringing back the JSA during the New52 and instead gave us the faux-/wannabe-Earth 2, . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, why would you think DC would do the right thing and give us a JSA book?

They have a long history of AVOIDING doing just that. They even take decently-selling runs and either cancel them or sabotage them because some people at DC seem to think they shouldn't have a book with a bunch of old guys being heroic.

And when they first were implying they were bringing back the JSA during the New52 and instead gave us the faux-/wannabe-Earth 2, . . .
    Because with Justice League, Doomsday Clock, and Death Metal, the timing was right for the on-going appearance of JSA.
    Incidentally, I enjoyed and loved the New 52 Earth 2, and consider them to be a separate entity from JSA, and I don't care about DC's vision of what they originally wanted them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The trouble with Andy is she can't be an active hero in the present day, as she's literally a new born baby. They'd need to either accelerate her aging like Bart Allen and Jai and Irey West, who are really just a few years old but look like a teenager and preteens respectively, or time displace her from the future. Both are the sort of thing that makes sense for a Flash legacy, but not an Aquaman one.
    Well Andy has been around for 1 year, she is a toddler now, as it seems xebelians grow fast, probably her rate of growth is slower than normal xebelians, since she is so only through her mother's side. However I don't see why they have to age her. After all she will be a superhero in the future, they can have her in books like Future state. As a toddler she is fun and brings some comic relief in the book. Whenever she is on a panel you can't but smile.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I actually far preferred the Andrekyo post-Bendis book to Orlando’s Rebirth run which I found tepid at best.
    Completely agree. But in classic DC fashion, they can't help but shoot themselves in the foot. It's almost like they don't know what to do when a B/C-lister's book is doing well. They can't leave it alone, and *must* shake things up - presumably in the hopes of boosting sales - but it nearly always backfires.

There are plenty of examples, not only in multiple Supergirl volumes, but Aquaman, Hawkman, Catwoman, Green Arrow, etc...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Because with Justice League, Doomsday Clock, and Death Metal, the timing was right for the on-going appearance of JSA.
    Maybe from the standpoint of fans, but who knows from the standpoint of the "people" in charge of DC?

Incidentally, I enjoyed and loved the New 52 Earth 2, . . .
    I was interested in the beginning, until it really overdid the Doom / Gloom / Destruction.

. . . and consider them to be a separate entity from JSA,
    So did I . . .

. . . and I don't care about DC's vision of what they originally wanted them to be.
    Well, since DC owns / controls them in terms of the comic books, what DC intended does matter in this case (unfortunately).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Completely agree. But in classic DC fashion, they can't help but shoot themselves in the foot. It's almost like they don't know what to do when a B/C-lister's book is doing well. They can't leave it alone, and *must* shake things up - presumably in the hopes of boosting sales - but it nearly always backfires.

There are plenty of examples, not only in multiple Supergirl volumes, but Aquaman, Hawkman, Catwoman, Green Arrow, etc...
    Burnside Batgirl says hi. DC chased that creative team off to Image.

Maybe from the standpoint of fans, but who knows from the standpoint of the "people" in charge of DC?
    maybe you should ask someone who is speaking from the standpoint of the "people" in charge of DC.

Well, since DC owns / controls them in terms of the comic books, what DC intended does matter in this case (unfortunately).
    There's a difference between what's important to DC and other people and what's important to "me". And for me, it's more important how they are now than how they were "originally" supposed to be. It doesn't matter to me now that JSA is back on Earth-0.
    Last edited by robotgarden; 01-17-2021 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    While I personally wasn't a fan of what Stewart & Tarr were doing, that's another good example of DC shooting themselves in the foot. Chasing off popular/marketable creators with behind the scenes editorial shenanigans!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

But, does BatmanJones?
    They’re both awful but the ‘92 run is certainly the more boring one.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

While I personally wasn't a fan of what Stewart & Tarr were doing, that's another good example of DC shooting themselves in the foot. Chasing off popular/marketable creators with behind the scenes editorial shenanigans!
    Stewart they were right to chase off considering what we found out about him.

I was interested in the beginning, until it really overdid the Doom / Gloom / Destruction.

So did I . . .

I didn’t like Earth-2 either but what you’re really looking for is reprints. Anything else won’t be the “real” JSA to you.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Was it really an example of chasing them off or just them being done with the title by the time their run ended? I think Tarr wanted to go independent and she was a big part of the concept of the book, so they didn't feel like continuing. DC obviously didn't have a problem with the Burnside concept looking at the Rebirth run.

The writers were still doing Gotham Academy after they finished Batgirl, if I remember right.

DC has their fair share of failures with creatives but not everybody leaves because DC did something bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Stewart they were right to chase off considering what we found out about him.
    Uh oh, I must've missed something.

It's gotten hard to keep track of how many creators are actually creeps...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Uh oh, I must've missed something.

It's gotten hard to keep track of how many creators are actually creeps...
    I'll save you the trouble. Sexual predator and leave it at that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was it really an example of chasing them off or just them being done with the title by the time their run ended? I think Tarr wanted to go independent and she was a big part of the concept of the book, so they didn't feel like continuing. DC obviously didn't have a problem with the Burnside concept looking at the Rebirth run.

The writers were still doing Gotham Academy after they finished Batgirl, if I remember right.

DC has their fair share of failures with creatives but not everybody leaves because DC did something bad.
    DC's antics helped end that run. I think what they want to try to include but editorial got in the way became Motor Crush at Image.

DC has helped send many out the door.

Green Lantern Mosaic was a victim.
    Priest's Batman The Hill-was meant to be 5 issues and not ONE
    Walker's Cyborg
    New 52 Static Shock
    1995 Black Lightning
    Impulse.
    Xombi was a victim but it was more due to New 52. The book was axed before issue one was even listed to buy.

Fletcher was the only one left who did Gotham Academy.