Page 213 of 233 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3488

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The tweet got deleted.
    Hopefully we can see Garth in this as well.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Aquamen, a new ongoing comic book series by the creative team of Chuck Brown, Brandon Thomas, Sami Basri and Adriano Lucas, will launch out of the conclusions of Aquaman: The Becoming and Black Manta in February 2022!

When a suicide bomber in Middle America is revealed as an Atlantean sleeper agent seemingly gone rogue, the Aquamen—Arthur Curry and Jackson Hyde—are on the case. But it soon becomes clear that the tragedy was not just a single bad actor, but the beginnings of a much larger and more dangerous chain reaction…and the heart of an explosive Atlantean conspiracy! If Arthur’s not careful, the secrets he’s keeping—from Mera, Tula, Tempest, Atlantis, the surface, and even Jackson—could cause a rift from which the Aquamen might never recover!
    Last edited by Hypo; 11-17-2021 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully this news includes Arthur wearing a shirt .
    Your prayers have been answered:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Sigh. Poor Garth. Poor, poor, forgotten Garth.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Didn’t they fully mention him aka Tempest in the announcement?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yes. Hopefully he has a part to play in this book.

"If Arthur’s not careful, the secrets he’s keeping—from Mera, Tula, Tempest, Atlantis, the surface, and even Jackson—could cause a rift from which the Aquamen might never recover!"

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    What's even more sad to me is I didn't even think about him when I saw that image.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah, but there is nothing in any of the promotional art that suggests Tempest will be anything more than a passing background character.
    I mean, I'm not a big Garth guy, I just found it interesting in a seemingly ensemble book, he's not really prominent in any way.

This is probably just me but do we really need to call it "Aquamen" instead of just calling it "Aquaman" like normal?

I guess they don't want it to appear to be an Aquaman solo with Aquaman and Aqualad since Jackson's supposed to be using the name too (I have my own hangups about this, but that's another thing) and it appears like it would be a normal Aquaman solo relaunch otherwise, but the name just comes off kind of silly to me. Like it's still an Aquaman book at the end of the day so I don't think we need to change it, but I guess they really want to push this co-lead thing and one would presume Brandon Thomas won't shortchange Jackson in favor of Arthur (although what about the reverse?) even though functionally pairing them together makes it difficult to not have him come off still as Aqualad.

"Aquamen" sounds like an aquatic themed metal band. Arthur as lead, Jackson on bass, Garth on drums, Vulko as their manager.
    Your prayers have been answered:

Yay! Now I just hope Orm doesn't come off as a one-note baddie here. Although does he count as one of the "Aquamen?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yes. Hopefully he has a part to play in this book.

"If Arthur’s not careful, the secrets he’s keeping—from Mera, Tula, Tempest, Atlantis, the surface, and even Jackson—could cause a rift from which the Aquamen might never recover!"

Maybe he and Tula will finally get a scene together.

That Mera redesign has really stuck around longer than I expected.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Random thought - has it been confirmed anywhere if this is an ongoing or a mini? I just reread the announcement on the main CBR page and it doesn't clarify.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Random thought - has it been confirmed anywhere if this is an ongoing or a mini? I just reread the announcement on the main CBR page and it doesn't clarify.
    99% sure it's an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Ongoing: https://twitter.com/whatthe_shea/sta...217947648?s=21
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Awesome, thanks!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Aquamen (x)
    Batgirls (x)
    Monkey Prince (x)
    JSA ( )

The latter will probably a fairy tales. I won't be suprised if there is no JSA book even if the Black Adam movie come out.

MILESTONES IN HISTORY

Celebrate Black History Month the Milestone way, as the superpowered citizens of Dakota (including Static, Icon, Rocket, Hardware, and more) narrate the true stories of Black trailblazers from across human history! Witness the military campaigns of Hannibal and the Queen of Sheba, the literary accomplishments of Alexandre Dumas, the World War One dogfights of Eugene Bullard against the legendary Red Baron, and many, many more, all written and drawn by a who's who of comics and literary talent! On sale February 15th, this 96 page anthology honors Black History from around the world in a beautiful, prestige format book.

Written by REGINALD HUDLIN, ALICE RANDALL, TOURÉ, MICHAEL HARRIOT, and more

Art by VARIOUS

Cover by CHRISCROSS

Variant cover by DOUG BRAITHWAITE

$9.99 US | 96 pages | Prestige Format | One-shot

ON SALE 2/15/22
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."