Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
Didn’t JLD have better sales than Titans? Could’ve sworn it was a solid seller.
Teen Titans is old and established franchise that has had more success in outside media.
This gets you on a shelf no matter how bad you are. SOMEONE is going to order copies.

JLD being ranked at 79 and TT at 105 is your sales boost due to quality for DC or Marvel books. Still not great but it got a few more copies on the shelf.

So why in your opinion nobody wants to write a character that has a TV show currently?
I think you got folks who want to do that and even some fans who WOULD support it.

However when you deal with markets where you as the company have ZERO control in what is ordered-we see pushback.
Something I have seen with paperback books based on shows.

I can't tell you how many books based on shows I have tripped over at Half Price Books yet NEVER heard of these books when those shows were on the air.
And the FUNNY part you saw ZERO ads for those books during those shows.

Unless you read Archie Comics-you had no idea Sabrina The Teen Witch had a monthly book line. Star Trek DS9 had a Jake Sisko line of 9 books. Worf had a book line.
Static Shock, Soul Food, Girlfriends, Family Matters, Sister, Sister, Kenan & Kel, Cousin Skeeter, Zoey 101, Doug and more had book lines.

Of course the downside to this is they had books as book stores started dying off and Wal-Mart and Target were not carrying them.

A Star Girl book or OGN or novel should be a no brainer. However you have to make sure folks can access it beyond online vendors. Like her season 1 dvd-aside from the library (where I got to see it) I have YET to see it anywhere else. Same with Vixen, Static Shock, Swamp Thing, Black Lightning and season 2 of Doom Patrol.