Page 112 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3488
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The Batman effect is a helluva drug...
    The name Batman assures you get X number of orders.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, didn't it also seem like it was way too soon for a big Joker story when "The Joker War" started?
    What was the last big Joker story prior to Joker War? There was War of jokes and Riddles, in 2017, which also featured Riddler and was one big flashback. Before that was probably Endgame, which was 2014.

So it had been either 3 or 6 years, unless I’m missing one. Neither of which seems crazy to me

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    What was the last big Joker story prior to Joker War? There was War of jokes and Riddles, in 2017, which also featured Riddler and was one big flashback. Before that was probably Endgame, which was 2014.

So it had been either 3 or 6 years, unless I’m missing one. Neither of which seems crazy to me
    But considering these arcs often last for maybe three-to-six months (depending on how often the title is published), how many other major arcs were published between them?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Did you forget Three Jokers? The Batman Who Laughs is essentially a different flavor of Joker so if you count those it's pretty much annual.

Incredible Member

But considering these arcs often last for maybe three-to-six months (depending on how often the title is published), how many other major arcs were published between them?
    Well War of Jokes and Riddles ended with issue 32, while Joker War began in issue 95. That's 63 issues, and had Batman been releasing monthly, 5 years worth of issues. Trade wise, there were 10 trades released between War of Jokes and Riddles, and Joker War- nine of King's, one of Tynions's. That's not even taking into account all of the 'Tec issues/arcs and such.

Batman: Endgame finished in Batman #40, while War of Jokes and Riddles started in Batman #25. That's like 37 or 38 issues between them, including the Batman: Rebirth issue. Trade-wise, there were 6 trades between Endgame and Jokes/Riddles.

So if you count Jokers/Riddles as a major Joker story- I don't think I really would, as it was rather self-contained and was a giant flashback to early in Batman's career- it had been three years/63 issues/10 trades of the main Batman-title since the last major Joker story. It helped that King's run was being double-shipped.

If Endgame was considered the last major Joker event, it would have been 6 years/>100 issues/17 collections since the last major Joke arc. For being Batman's arch enemy/main foe, those numbers don't seem bad to me, and actually is longer than I would have expected.

I'll admit though, that this isn't counting in-flux continuity wise Three Jokers, or any Elseworlds/limited series, such as Joker/Harley Quinn Criminal Sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Did you forget Three Jokers? The Batman Who Laughs is essentially a different flavor of Joker so if you count those it's pretty much annual.
    Joker War started in July 2020, while Three Jokers didn't start until August.

I'll admit I haven't ready any of the Batman Who Laughs stuff, but officially he's a different character from the Joker. From what I know/have seen, he's inspired by him, but I wouldn't personally count him. People are certainly welcome to, and I can understand if they do.
    Last edited by Zorkel567; 05-14-2021 at 06:05 PM.

I don’t mind DC shifting their solicit release date but I wish they’d just come out and tell us what the new date they’re aiming for is.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Well War of Jokes and Riddles ended with issue 32, while Joker War began in issue 95. That's 63 issues, and had Batman been releasing monthly, 5 years worth of issues. Trade wise, there were 10 trades released between War of Jokes and Riddles, and Joker War- nine of King's, one of Tynions's. That's not even taking into account all of the 'Tec issues/arcs and such.

Batman: Endgame finished in Batman #40, while War of Jokes and Riddles started in Batman #25. That's like 37 or 38 issues between them, including the Batman: Rebirth issue. Trade-wise, there were 6 trades between Endgame and Jokes/Riddles.

So if you count Jokers/Riddles as a major Joker story- I don't think I really would, as it was rather self-contained and was a giant flashback to early in Batman's career- it had been three years/63 issues/10 trades of the main Batman-title since the last major Joker story. It helped that King's run was being double-shipped.

If Endgame was considered the last major Joker event, it would have been 6 years/>100 issues/17 collections since the last major Joke arc. For being Batman's arch enemy/main foe, those numbers don't seem bad to me, and actually is longer than I would have expected.

I'll admit though, that this isn't counting in-flux continuity wise Three Jokers, or any Elseworlds/limited series, such as Joker/Harley Quinn Criminal Sanity.

Joker War started in July 2020, while Three Jokers didn't start until August.

I'll admit I haven't ready any of the Batman Who Laughs stuff, but officially he's a different character from the Joker. From what I know/have seen, he's inspired by him, but I wouldn't personally count him. People are certainly welcome to, and I can understand if they do.
    Fair point, and thanks on the correction for Three Jokers. It all blends into a mediocre haze.

As for The Batman Who Sucks, he may officially be a different character but he's functionally Joker with Bruce's plot armor when you consider they're written almost exactly the same.

As for The Batman Who Sucks, he may officially be a different character but he's functionally Joker with Bruce's plot armor when you consider they're written almost exactly the same.
    This is why I don't get the appeal when they're functionally the same character.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is why I don't get the appeal when they're functionally the same character.
    It's Joker in Judge Death cosplay. Lame.

It's Joker in Judge Death cosplay. Lame.
    Actually, I thought it was a Bruce Wayne infected by the Joker in Judge Death cosplay?

Then again, I read almost nothing from those books . . .

Actually, I thought it was a Bruce Wayne infected by the Joker in Judge Death cosplay?

Then again, I read almost nothing from those books . . .
    He's superficially Bruce. He refers to his time as Batman and his relationships, but personality? All Joker. Yeah, he pays lip service but ultimately Joker's been doing the "I cut to the solution without doing any of the leg work" poor mastermind writing schtick since long before Bruce was. Doing stuff for the Evulz? Check. Needing no motivation? Check. Always having the answer because the writer doesn't really want to write an actually intelligent character? Big check. Super ****-eating grin? Mondo check. Big plan involves corrupting heroes using chemical agent? Checkarino.

He's the Joker. Nothing Bruce is there except when DC really needs to you remember "but he's Batman, lulz."

It's braindead.

Ram continues to be the man.

That's good to hear .

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Williamson did a new podcast interview about infinite frontier and robin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GESnHHsFygA&t=1522s

One of his unannounced books will apparently run parallel to robin and tie into that book eventually. Wonder if that's his green arrow book hes teased?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Williamson did a new podcast interview about infinite frontier and robin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GESnHHsFygA&t=1522s

One of his unannounced books will apparently run parallel to robin and tie into that book eventually. Wonder if that's his green arrow book hes teased?
    I hope so. I'm looking forward to the friendship he teased between Damian and Conner