Page 219 of 233 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3488
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    August, maybe?
    Yeah, maybe even a little bit earlier.

If he is taking over I wonder if we’ll still get the Future State JL lineup? Kinda feels like DC is still angling to get that team together in the present day at some point (can’t imagine why they brought in Jo otherwise).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Yeah, maybe even a little bit earlier.
    I wish to believe it but I doubt it. There still a second Naomi series pending, the whole live-action and god knows what other mess he could be plotting. I'm afraid than if Naomi get success, he will stick like a lice and he would even make some event at DC.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    To me its kinda surprising that he hadn't signed exclusive earlier. I guess DC wasn't willing to pay him as much as he wanted till now.
    Unless someone else was after him or a bigger project was in the works.

So what does this mean for his Seven Secrets book at Boom? A book I thought was only 12 issues but is not at 14.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

If I recall correctly exclusive contracts don't always preclude creators from doing creator owned projects with other companies, but I may be wrong. If I am and he wants to continue it, DC may publish it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Usually it just means you can only work for one of the Big 2 (whichever one you signed an exclusive with) but it doesn’t prevent doing creator owned work elsewhere. Tynion was exclusive and he still did creator owned books for Image and Boom.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I wish to believe it but I doubt it. There still a second Naomi series pending, the whole live-action and god knows what other mess he could be plotting. I'm afraid than if Naomi get success, he will stick like a lice and he would even make some event at DC.
    I don't know, Bendis is kind of guy who prefers to have full control on his toys, and it doesn't seem like they're gonna give it to him, especially with guys like Williamson and Taylor getting bigger push, and him getting sidelined from spotlight. And everything he writes now seems pretty directionless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If he is taking over I wonder if we’ll still get the Future State JL lineup? Kinda feels like DC is still angling to get that team together in the present day at some point (can’t imagine why they brought in Jo otherwise).
    I doubt it will be the same. If it's Taylor, I assume he's adding Dick instead of Jace, who will operate on more local level in NYC (at least for now it seems like the direction Ridley is going with him), obviously Jackson will be instead of Andy, and I reckon Wally will be The Flash on the team, since Taylor keeps on giving him cameos in SoKE. Jon, Yara and Jo will be there, of course.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 12-09-2021 at 05:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Tom Taylor taking on justice league would be the strongest writer we got on the book in a while. I really do hope Bendis decides to fully focus on his substack and jinxworld books. He's already a accomplished creator and will forever be linked to characters like morales and jessica jones.

Extraordinary Member

Slade Wilson commits an unthinkable act, and Talia al Ghul, the Daughter of the Demon, is out for blood! The League of Shadows is out to murder Deathstroke and destroy Deathstroke Inc., and it’s up to Batman and Robin to track Slade down and bring him to justice, but do they?
    Last edited by Hypo; 12-09-2021 at 07:22 AM.

Astonishing Member

Slade is going to kill Ra's, isn't he?

Extraordinary Member

Slade is going to kill Ra's, isn't he?
    Not a bad guess.

Anyways it's a not a true event with it's own book, just a crossover with a couple of one shots as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Not a bad guess.

Anyways it's a not a true event with it's own book, just a crossover with a couple of one shots as well.
    I just can't think of anyone else. He's not mentioned here and it's someone, who was pretty close enough to Talia and Damian, since both of them want Slade's head.

You mean an unthinkable act that’s different from all the other unthinkable acts that he’s committed?

In all seriousness will probably read this just because I’m enjoying the Robin ongoing series.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Glad to see it all contained with 3 books all written by Williamson. War Zone One shot will probably be like the joker war zone with short stories by different writers.

I don't know, Bendis is kind of guy who prefers to have full control on his toys, and it doesn't seem like they're gonna give it to him, especially with guys like Williamson and Taylor getting bigger push, and him getting sidelined from spotlight.
    Well, that was one of the reasons he left Marvel, he was being sidelined.

And everything he writes now seems pretty directionless.
    Oh yes. It seems like he was going to be the driving force of the DCU under DiDio regime, and he was going to set up the direction of the whole books, but with DiDio out, all his plans were dropped out. Everything he is doing it feels random. I mean, Shadow War don't even mention any relation of Talia with Leviathan.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Tom Taylor taking on justice league would be the strongest writer we got on the book in a while. I really do hope Bendis decides to fully focus on his substack and jinxworld books. He's already a accomplished creator and will forever be linked to characters like morales and jessica jones.
    Yes, that would be the best he could do. He got things on Substack?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin