Page 1 of 233 123451151101 ... LastLast

I like that they are spreading out the title launches, instead of going "here's the next wave! take it all bitch!" and dumping it in March. I'm hope we'll be seeing an Aquaman and/or Jackson Hyde project get announced, and something longer form for Vixen; something for Katana and Black Lightning would be great too.

no clue what they could be doing but I'm not particularely hyped for the Williamson, Snyder, or Hitch stuff. I mean I'll probably take a peek but they're not really moving me. Titans Academy, Yara Flor, and Green Lantern I'm really excited about!
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-28-2020 at 12:29 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Yeah my inclination is that they are waiting for Death Metal to end, Future State to start, and Infinite Frontier to be out before anything really crazy gets announced. Let’s face March is the start month so we have to wait a bit.

Like I do sincerely think we will get some new JSA stories one way or another, I think some more multiverse focused stories are possible with characters like President Superman, I think maybe some left over Future State stuff may be happening. It’s literally a wait and see at this point.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hm is Hitch working with Waid on something? Could Waid get JSA? The whole concept is very much in his wheelhouse I must admit.

I've said it on other threads, but I'm hoping that the presence of Blue Beetle and Booster Gold on the INFINITE FRONTIER cover is suggesting a long-overdue BLUE & GOLD book.

Spectacular Member

Anyone bet how many of these unannounced titles will get cancelled with the rumored 3rd bloodbath news?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Wait, receipts on a comic book discussion forum that are meant to be positive and aren't rage? Sir, I believe you have violated the terms of service.

Checkmate will most likely continue the Leviathan thread.
    I expect it will be the DC book that most fits his style.

Guess I need to go back and read Leviathan now (if I can just get through the dialogue...).

I wonder if his inclusion of Green Arrow on the League was done to prepare for a crossover with Checkmate...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I look forward to Checkmate. Hopefully if this continues Leviathan, the cancelled Manhunter series will finally see print too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post

Guess I need to go back and read Leviathan now (if I can just get through the dialogue...).

I wonder if his inclusion of Green Arrow on the League was done to prepare for a crossover with Checkmate...
    No way that is going to end well, I can already see the issue with the leader of the Justice League and the wife of Superman have teamed up in some clandestine operation to bring down an independent nation.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post

I think you misunderstand, checkmate is the delayed second half to event levithan. It's not a actual checkmate solo book.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think you misunderstand, checkmate is the delayed second half to event levithan. It's not a actual checkmate solo book.
    Oh.
    I’ll take that as a good thing and a bad thing.
    So it kinda washes.

And it means that I do have to go back and read Leviathan.
    Also a good and bad thing...

Thanks for clarifying.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member

From Tynion Newsletters:

https://jamestynioniv.********.com/p...ap-up-part-one
    Most of my next year is already announced, with the news about the ongoing JOKER title at DC. I have one unannounced book on the docket for sometime mid-2021, with Alvaro Martinez Bueno… The book I called PROJECT LAKEHOUSE back when I was using my clever monikers at the start of this newsletter. The cover to the first issue of that one has been the lock-screen of my phone for the last few months.
    https://jamestynioniv.********.com/p...ap-up-part-one
    For the first time in the history of my working in and around Gotham City, I have an answer to pretty much to the “where can I find THIS character” for every fan-favorite. Urban Legends is going to be a real gift. A lot of storylines will be seeded in that title before they break out into their own titles… There are also more books to come in the Gotham line as the year goes on. Big moments in the core Gotham titles will set new runs in motion in other titles. Backups and shorts might turn into one-shots and miniseries and series, and we’re working to make sure it all matters.