Page 190 of 233 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3488

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Geoff John Stargirl too.
    Maybe that will be released next May?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But how many of your references are referring to the Justice League of America and the revamped version of Bendis' Legion of Super-Heroes?

And don't forget, we are talking BENDIS, who seems to do what he wants without caring too much about what's happened before. (Maybe we can ask Lucy Lane about this?)
    You answered a lot more politely than I would have to that, and I will add that if we want to go on about established behaviour then we have seen heroes resort to punching each other so many times it would be odd that they don't.

And, yes, Bendis.

But how many of your references are referring to the Justice League of America and the revamped version of Bendis' Legion of Super-Heroes?

And don't forget, we are talking BENDIS, who seems to do what he wants without caring too much about what's happened before. (Maybe we can ask Lucy Lane about this?)
    You didn't read the post, did you?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    We have a difference of opinion here as nothing about this sounds good to me. Legion vs the League? Is Bendis a 12 yr old doing fan fiction? You know, maybe, just MAYBE, one hero would suggest that ... "We've met these people many times and they've always been good. Perhaps there's something behind all this. Kal, they're your homies, perhaps you should talk to them."
    Not the Bendis Legion. Bendis Legion are stalkers of Jon Kent and never met Superman. Bendis himself said, isn't? "The Legion doesn't exist here". That was his approach.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Originally posted by Gaius in the WW forum but it seems the Nubia mini may be leading to a "Trial of the Amazons" event:

If JSA are still coming they’ll be coming with the Black Adam movie’s release I guess. Assuming it’s not yet another project Johns teased and abandoned.

Cool that there’s a Wonder Fanily event coming, that’s never happened before.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    You didn't read the post, did you?
    Yes, I did.

By the way, somebody else seems to agree with my thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Not the Bendis Legion. Bendis Legion are stalkers of Jon Kent and never met Superman. Bendis himself said, isn't? "The Legion doesn't exist here". That was his approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Originally posted by Gaius in the WW forum but it seems the Nubia mini may be leading to a "Trial of the Amazons" event:

Guessing it will lead to Diana reuniting with her mother, Nubia, and meeting Yara.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If JSA are still coming they’ll be coming with the Black Adam movie’s release I guess. Assuming it’s not yet another project Johns teased and abandoned.
    I think that they'd just do Black Adam monthly with some JSA members being in supporting cast instead of "Black Adam and JSA" title or releasing a separate title for JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that they'd just do Black Adam monthly with some JSA members being in supporting cast instead of "Black Adam and JSA" title or releasing a separate title for JSA.
    You know I can see that happening. Hawkman and Dr. Fate at the very least could be slotted into a Black Adam mini fairly easily, and I’m sure DC has plans to put out a Black Adam book next year.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Guessing it will lead to Diana reuniting with her mother, Nubia, and meeting Yara.
    Either that or it’s whatever that tease was in Yara’s future state book that Themyscira came under attack.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

You know I can see that happening. Hawkman and Dr. Fate at the very least could be slotted into a Black Adam mini fairly easily, and I’m sure DC has plans to put out a Black Adam book next year.
    I wonder if they'd bring up Hector if Carter sees Fate again.

Why do you think that?

Is it because of the new Stargirl series that came out to coincide with the new season of her TV show?
    (Oh, wait, that never happened, did it . . . )

I would guess it's more likely DC might have variant covers to tie in with things like DC movies. I don't know if there's any benefit to them to actually plan a comic book series (or even mini-series) that's part of the main DC comic book universe as a tie-in with a movie or TV show. How likely is it that people who go to the movies will suddenly decide to find a comic book store after seeing a DC movie if they weren't already buying comic books?

Why do you think that?

Is it because of the new Stargirl series that came out to coincide with the new season of her TV show?
    (Oh, wait, that never happened, did it . . . )

I would guess it's more likely DC might have variant covers to tie in with things like DC movies. I don't know if there's any benefit to them to actually plan a comic book series (or even mini-series) that's part of the main DC comic book universe as a tie-in with a movie or TV show. How likely is it that people who go to the movies will suddenly decide to find a comic book store after seeing a DC movie if they weren't already buying comic books?
    You really think a CW show is on the same level as a blockbuster movie starring the Rock? Also I’m pretty sure Stargirl would be getting something except Johns has forbidden anyone but him from writing her (she’s based on his kid sister so I can understand his protectiveness, but then you shouldn’t have made a character based on your sister that you don’t own). Guarantee that there will be a Black Adam mini coming out when the movie does, same way the Suicide Squad has the movie team on it.

I don't know if there's any benefit to them to actually plan a comic book series (or even mini-series) that's part of the main DC comic book universe as a tie-in with a movie or TV show. How likely is it that people who go to the movies will suddenly decide to find a comic book store after seeing a DC movie if they weren't already buying comic books?
    There are people who have been reading Superman and Batman for years but probably never cared about Black Adam. Same way there are long time Marbel readers that never touched a Shang Chi book before this summer with the movie hype. Once the Black Adam trailer comes out and they hear Dwayne Johnson's powerful voice go from a desperate slave to a terrifying spirit of vengeance, they will put Black Adam in their windows background and go from buying Batman Urban Legends to buying the new Black Adam book yet to be announced.

Plus Black Adam has been getting some attention this year in comics. He was in that Endless Winter event, he had a Future State back up, and he's in the Justice League.