Page 195 of 233 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3488

Extraordinary Member

So for the "Shadows of the Bat" event is Detective Comics going weekly for 3 months? I had thought it was a normal crossover running through all the bat books but the solicit for #1047 refers to it as a "12-part weekly Detective Comics event" and issues 1046-1048 will be released in consecutive weeks. The Detective Comics 2021 Annual #1 solicit also refers to is a "Detective Comics event".

If Detective is going weekly for a bit I would think that'll reduce the number of new books we get in that time frame.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    So for the "Shadows of the Bat" event is Detective Comics going weekly for 3 months? I had thought it was a normal crossover running through all the bat books but the solicit for #1047 refers to it as a "12-part weekly Detective Comics event" and issues 1046-1048 will be released in consecutive weeks. The Detective Comics 2021 Annual #1 solicit also refers to is a "Detective Comics event".

If Detective is going weekly for a bit I would think that'll reduce the number of new books we get in that time frame.
    The Robin book is a YA graphic novel. It's completely separate from the regular comic line.
    They didn't announce a release date for the book yet, but it would probably be months from now.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Also, he says Barry Allen is off the table.
    I remember back when this whole thing was announced some people argued that its actually good for Barry that he is joining Justice Incarnates, its an upgrade you see. Yeah, real good. Feels like DC still hasn't figured out what to do with there being more than one Flash.

Seems simple enough to me. Wally in the solo book, Barry on Justice League, bring back New Super-Man and the Justice League of China, and that's a home for Avery, and Jay of course, should have JSA. The problem is that JSA and New Super-Man both don't currently have a book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    The Robin book is a YA graphic novel. It's completely separate from the regular comic line.
    They didn't announce a release date for the book yet, but it would probably be months from now.
    What made you think my post had anything to do with Teen Titans: Robin?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Seems simple enough to me. Wally in the solo book, Barry on Justice League, bring back New Super-Man and the Justice League of China, and that's a home for Avery, and Jay of course, should have JSA. The problem is that JSA and New Super-Man both don't currently have a book.
    Just speaking for myself, but I'd go with Wally in the solo book, Wally in the Justice League, Wally in the Titans, Jay in a JSA book, Avery works in JL Incarnate... and Barry... well, Barry in a ditch in an abandoned field somewhere far away from where anyone will ever find him again. Siberia, perhaps.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I remember back when this whole thing was announced some people argued that its actually good for Barry that he is joining Justice Incarnates, its an upgrade you see. Yeah, real good. Feels like DC still hasn't figured out what to do with there being more than one Flash.
    I mean, Barry likely is the main character of the new crisis event next year and he'll probably get a new spinoff book after that.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I mean, Barry likely is the main character of the new crisis event next year and he'll probably get a new spinoff book after that.
    Why are you thinking that?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I am sure this is just fun fantasy publisher type stuff, but I doubt DC is all that worried about finding homes for anyone, aside from characters they think will draw enough folks in to check out something new. So, Barry going to a book, probably has a fan base, DC hopes people read that book he went to. Everyone else? Not enough demand, no book.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well if he was actually joining JI that would be an upgrade because he’d be written by Williamson and not Bendis . Plus JI is at the center of the “important” stuff while the JL and Flash book are off to the side.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Just speaking for myself, but I'd go with Wally in the solo book, Wally in the Justice League, Wally in the Titans, Jay in a JSA book, Avery works in JL Incarnate... and Barry... well, Barry in a ditch in an abandoned field somewhere far away from where anyone will ever find him again. Siberia, perhaps.
    Gee, you get Wally back in The Flash so you feel it's okay to start trashing Barry again . . .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Gee, you get Wally back in The Flash so you feel it's okay to start trashing Barry again . . .
    In my defense, I never stopped trashing Barry. He was boring in the 80's, had a good, solid meaningful end, and has been boring since he was brought back.
    But again, just speaking for myself. I know there are people out there that like nice, dry white toast, Barry Allen. And/or the mopey, whiney Williamson version of Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    In my defense, I never stopped trashing Barry. He was boring in the 80's, had a good, solid meaningful end, and has been boring since he was brought back.
    But again, just speaking for myself. I know there are people out there that like nice, dry white toast, Barry Allen. And/or the mopey, whiney Williamson version of Barry.
    I liked him in Williamson's run when he was a fun, nerdy, dork of a hero with strong ideals.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/joshua-wi...mpression=true

Second part of Williamson interview, looks like March will be where we start getting the next “wave”
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/