Page 30 of 233 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Than don't make claims you can't know about, because you claimed that the book DID NOT drop readers because of the Arthur/Mera separation. When it was that particular reason for the sales to drop. And the numbers proof it.

You even tried to portrait Abnett sales as being higher using the JL crossover and said I was the one making it up. Until the murder reveal the book was at Abnett's REAL level of sales. Also, When you stopped reading the book KSD had the same sales of Abnett and continued for some months at that level.
    I’m quite happy to assume that others dropped it for the same reason I did; it wasn’t very good.

Quote Originally Posted by WelcomeBackFrank View Post
    I’m quite happy to assume that others dropped it for the same reason I did; it wasn’t very good.
    Well facts and numbers proof you are wrong and you are making AGAIN wrong assumptions, like the Abnett JL crossover sales!
    People dropped from the murder reveal and continued because of the never ending separation.

Again you can't say it wasn't very good because you read just 4 issues. You are judging a run on that basis alone.

To be clear I didn't particularly like those first issues, but it got better much better. With characters we had not seen in Aquaman, for years being brought back.

KSD achieved a lot in 20 issues she had for a run, it wasn't perfect with a slow start, but she delivered very much and she did not have 42issues to do that and no double shipping monthly. Maybe she put too much on the plate!
    Abnett also had 4 or 5 issues to wrap up New 52 run + Aquaman: Rebirth one-shot. Has he written the most Aquaman issues in 21s century?

Well facts and numbers proof you are wrong and you are making AGAIN wrong assumptions, like the Abnett JL crossover sales!
    People dropped from the murder reveal and continued because of the never ending separation.

Again you can't say it wasn't very good because you read just 4 issues. You are judging a run on that basis alone.

To be clear I didn't particularly like those first issues, but it got better much better. With characters we had not seen in Aquaman, for years being brought back.
    I don’t need you to agree with me. It’s not about being right or wrong. I’ve got my opinion, you have yours, and I’m quite comfortable with both of those opinions co-existing. But for anyone else reading, Kelly Sue DeConnick’s Aquaman is not something I’d recommend reading, whereas Dan Abnett’s run is in my opinion one of the best books of Rebirth and an epic Aquaman run with incredible art and wonderful example of that character and his supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Abnett also had 4 or 5 issues to wrap up New 52 run + Aquaman: Rebirth one-shot. Has he written the most Aquaman issues in 21s century?
    Yes, he has written the most Aquaman issues in history not just in the 21st century, slightly more than PAD. plus that he had the Mera solo which ties into his Aquaman run and stretched the main book with a never ending arc for that purpose.
    Despite all that his sales were quite low, not even close to Johns and neither near Parker. His average was on par with KSD(first part) and believe it or not with Bunn.

lol, Marvel just announced an event that sounds very much like Flashpoint and stars their version of the JLA (the Squadron Supreme)! So if you don't like the real DC books, maybe check out Heroes Reborn?
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...thout-avengers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    . . . So if you don't like the real DC books, maybe check out Heroes Reborn?

Again? That trick never works!

lol, it's not the first time Marvel have recycled a name.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They're probably reusing it to keep the trademark. It looks nothing like the original one.

lol, Marvel just announced an event that sounds very much like Flashpoint and stars their version of the JLA (the Squadron Supreme)! So if you don't like the real DC books, maybe check out Heroes Reborn?
    Don’t, Aaron’s Avengers is absolute trash. Even the die hard Marvel fanboys I know have dropped this run.

Spectacular Member

Funny, but the Heroes Reborns have a pitch similar to the arc "World Without" of "Les Légendaires"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

I still have that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

My eyes!!!!!
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

lol, it's not the first time Marvel have recycled a name.
    Which brings to mind... Legion Lost.
    Thanks.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.