Page 69 of 233 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3488

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Then I will be happy because they have all been good.
    The quoted post is in response to one saying they hope that Jock's Black Label tease isn't for "another final Batman story from Scott Snyder". Taste is subjective so I'll never say anyone is wrong to like or dislike a thing. I'm only providing context for my thoughts below.

Practically everyone here has been complaining of too many Bat-titles. I can agree with the wish for more titles about other characters but there will never be too many Bat-titles for me, especially since I'm nonplussed by Tynion's run so far (apart from the Jimenez art which is delicious).

The only Bat-title I'd hate would be another by Snyder. I find him mediocre at best. His writing is splashy, always trying to be the next big thing, but there's no there there. Black Mirror and Court of Owls were pretty good, though I think Court of Owls is overhyped as hell. But every other DC work he's written has felt like empty calories to me.

That said, I won't be angry or upset if he writes another Batman story or even a hundred. I just won't buy it. I'm not ever upset by the existence of a comic book I don't want to read. I'm only ever disappointed at the lack of a comic book that I do want to read, a la JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I believe we've still got 2 unannounced Joshua Williamson books, think he said he was doing 5.
    Sigh. I don't find his writing to be bad or offensive to my tastes in any way, but I think he's been one of the most uninspired DC writers in recent years. That he seems to be leading the way going forward is really disappointing to me. Maybe that sounds like a flip-flop with me saying in my most recent post that I just won't buy what I don't like.

But when a writer becomes the lead writer/show runner for the whole DCU they'd better be good. I was hoping for an upgrade from Snyder but Williamson bores me to tears and his interviews about what most excites him are very discouraging to me too. So we're losing a bunch of good to great writers and replacing them with 5 books by Williamson? Yuck.

I don't even understand why people are so enamored of his long run on The Flash. I read the whole thing, hoping to somehow understand what it was that people were enjoying, and that just never happened for me. I'm not saying I'm right. I'm only saying I don't get it.

There are a lot of things about DC's next phase that are very exciting to me so I'm not trying to be a naysayer. And I'll still check out pretty much all of those five books, but boredom is what I fear most with regard to comics and I don't have any reason to believe he's suddenly going to become interesting.

Astonishing Member

[B]
    The Superman comics he did with Kubert were alright. We should be safe as long as he realizes Supergirl isn't another vehicle for him to write about his trauma in the Iraq War.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

A spoiler filled podcast discussion about infinite frontier with Williamson: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/po...-0-williamson/

It's a fun listen if you are curious about the future state of DC.

Amancay Nahuelpan: Walk the walk. -new project announcement coming soon!- #dccomics

https://twitter.com/amancay_art/stat...031104/photo/1
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    The quoted post is in response to one saying they hope that Jock's Black Label tease isn't for "another final Batman story from Scott Snyder". Taste is subjective so I'll never say anyone is wrong to like or dislike a thing. I'm only providing context for my thoughts below.

Practically everyone here has been complaining of too many Bat-titles. I can agree with the wish for more titles about other characters but there will never be too many Bat-titles for me, especially since I'm nonplussed by Tynion's run so far (apart from the Jimenez art which is delicious).

The only Bat-title I'd hate would be another by Snyder. I find him mediocre at best. His writing is splashy, always trying to be the next big thing, but there's no there there. Black Mirror and Court of Owls were pretty good, though I think Court of Owls is overhyped as hell. But every other DC work he's written has felt like empty calories to me.

That said, I won't be angry or upset if he writes another Batman story or even a hundred. I just won't buy it. I'm not ever upset by the existence of a comic book I don't want to read. I'm only ever disappointed at the lack of a comic book that I do want to read, a la JSA.
    Having said all of what you just did I've seen you say Tom kings batman run is your fav batman run of alltime. Which to me is asinine. So yeah subjectivity is a big thing and you're right a lot of Snyder's stuff is a bit...overhyped. I still think it's not that bad.

Subjectivity is something a lot of people struggle with I'd never say to you, your love for that run is wrong. I find it curious and I don't see it that way but I'm comfortable with you loving it. The same way you are probably comfortable with me saying Morrison's run is my fav.

I do agree with you the more bat titles the better. Gotham is my section of the d.c. Universe and I don't venture too far away from it because I like boots on the ground stories (even though Gotham and it's sons and daughters get pulled into the skies more and more often lately)

I'm curious to your thoughts on tynions infinite frontier story and batman 106. perhaps this isn't the place though and you could respond in the batman 106 thread?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Sigh. I don't find his writing to be bad or offensive to my tastes in any way, but I think he's been one of the most uninspired DC writers in recent years. That he seems to be leading the way going forward is really disappointing to me. Maybe that sounds like a flip-flop with me saying in my most recent post that I just won't buy what I don't like.

But when a writer becomes the lead writer/show runner for the whole DCU they'd better be good. I was hoping for an upgrade from Snyder but Williamson bores me to tears and his interviews about what most excites him are very discouraging to me too. So we're losing a bunch of good to great writers and replacing them with 5 books by Williamson? Yuck.

I don't even understand why people are so enamored of his long run on The Flash. I read the whole thing, hoping to somehow understand what it was that people were enjoying, and that just never happened for me. I'm not saying I'm right. I'm only saying I don't get it.

There are a lot of things about DC's next phase that are very exciting to me so I'm not trying to be a naysayer. And I'll still check out pretty much all of those five books, but boredom is what I fear most with regard to comics and I don't have any reason to believe he's suddenly going to become interesting.
    I didn't finish Flash because I was turned off by how many new speedster was introduced in the previews, and I don't mean the first arc of Rebirth, but later on.

He seems to get what fans want from characters though. People like his Flash Year One and his final Flash story.

His Doom Metal is good, but a bit dragged down by reaffirmations of things we already know, like Nightwing is a leader, they're in Justice League, not Teen Titans now, but he has to say it because of the situations leading up to it, and it's been in question the past few years.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-02-2021 at 10:37 PM.

Extraordinary Member

New Batgirl series teased for later this year from DC
    "Honestly, the plans we have for Oracle and the characters in the direct orbit around Oracle are big," Tynion told Newsarama. "One thing that we wanted to do was reground Barbara Gordon at the center of the Batman mythos. Barbara Gordon is the key supporting character for Batman in Batman. She's the key supporting character for Jim Gordon in The Joker. And she's the key supporting character for Dick Grayson in Nightwing."
    "So, she is up front and center in all of this, and through all of those appearances we see that she's building this new direction for herself in a new way to evolve the Batgirl mythos with Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown," the writer explains.

"That's going to culminate just a little bit later in the year in a way that I think fans can probably predict, but it's something that I'm very, very excited for and we've got some incredible, incredible creators, who are going to pick up the baton and carry the next steps forward for Barbara."

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Amancay Nahuelpan: Walk the walk. -new project announcement coming soon!- #dccomics

BATMAN???? Ohh..

DC’S INFINITE FRONTIER EXPANDS WITH NEW SERIES

New six-issue summer event by Joshua Williamson and Xermanico begins on June 22!

They put Bratgirl in the promotional image when they could have just let Red X represent Titans Academy, I really hope she's going to get focused, glad to see Jo and Naomi on here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It was part of a page that teased future books, including stuff we knew was coming.

I feel pretty confident that there’s another book coming, about Hal N Pals defending the “Crux Worlds” whatever those are.
    Is Deathstroke getting a book or is he a part of a group that's getting a book?
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Is Deathstroke getting a book or is he a part of a group that's getting a book?
    There's a Deathstroke Inc. book coming - we have no other info besides the title.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

https://twitter.com/whatthe_shea/sta...07618472591361

Looks like Tamra Bonvillain will be doing colors.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

There's a Deathstroke Inc. book coming - we have no other info besides the title.
    if they're doing a Batman Inc then it will be an Inc. of world's best assassins, like the team seen in the prelude of Joker War. Cheshire, Merlyn...

otherwise he maybe trying to recruit his kids and some random teen again

About time .

Extraordinary Member

Also announced today, Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary 100-Page Spectacular will bring together some of the greatest storytellers in comics and entertainment for a tribute to Wonder Woman in a collectible keepsake. Available this October on Wonder Woman Day, fans can look forward to original stories and a beautiful art montage by Eisner Award-winning artist Yanick Paquette (Wonder Woman: Earth One) with colors by Nathan Fairbairn.