Page 199 of 233 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3488
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Solicits are definitely coming tomorrow.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/1...n-the-new-year
    I'm not expecting much in the way of news for January or February, since they've said the next big wave is scheduled for March. But I guess there's always hope for surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    So, Waid is getting Batman/Superman, isn't he?
    Would they cancel and relaunch that series just for Waid?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

If you play around with the link a bit, you can get access to DC Connect with solicits now, just saying.
    There are a few surprises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Would they cancel and relaunch that series just for Waid?
    Who knows, but
    The publisher says Waid and Mora's back-up story "is just the beginning" for the creative duo and the two superheroes.
    I guess now it's obvious.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 10-14-2021 at 01:11 PM.

If you play around with the link a bit, you can get access to DC Connect with solicits now, just saying.
    There are a few surprises.

Who knows, but

I guess now it's obvious.

What do you mean access the solicits? They gave us around a handful as soon as you click on the link, is there a way to see more of them?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    What do you mean access the solicits? They gave us around a handful as soon as you click on the link, is there a way to see more of them?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Solicitations

It definitely sounds like Waid and Mora might be relaunching Batman/Superman.

As for Batman: The Knight I guess we've never had a series focused squarely on Bruce's training arc.

So, Waid is getting Batman/Superman, isn't he?
    Yes, and from the costumes it looks very much like the sort of throwback that's made possible by the 'it all happened' status at DC. (Batman has those 70s capsules on his belt for one.) It's even called 'World's Finest.' And, even though this only seems to be for one issue, it's being solicited as Waid's return to DC unlike his prior two contributions to anthology books. If he's really back for good, I'm very happy to hear it.

So potentially Batman/Superman and also a Superman solo project with Hitch from Waid? Dude is raring to go. Hope he does a good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

As for Batman: The Knight I guess we've never had a series focused squarely on Bruce's training arc.
    We haven’t? That’s so weird. Guess we have only gotten it piecemeal.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So potentially Batman/Superman and also a Superman solo project with Hitch from Waid? Dude is raring to go. Hope he does a good job.
    I'm down .
    We haven’t? That’s so weird. Guess we have only gotten it piecemeal.
    Other than flashbacks, anthology stories, or backups, I don't think there was ever a series focused purely on the training.

I wonder if we'll see the Ducard's, Zatara, and Thaddeus Brown show up. I guess this would be the first time to collectively put all the bits and established pieces of his training in one series.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Yes, and from the costumes it looks very much like the sort of throwback that's made possible by the 'it all happened' status at DC. (Batman has those 70s capsules on his belt for one.) It's even called 'World's Finest.' And, even though this only seems to be for one issue, it's being solicited as Waid's return to DC unlike his prior two contributions to anthology books. If he's really back for good, I'm very happy to hear it.
    This is the best news of the solicits, really.
    Pretty awesome creative team.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I'm hoping that the insistence on calling it World's Finest and Mark Waid being onboard means they'll remember the final piece of the World's Finest puzzle-- Dick Grayson as Robin!
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I love me some Waid, and will give almost anything with his name on it a try.

That said, I really hope DC isn't trying a X-Men Legends type thing with this; I can dig lost stories from the past, but don't try to shoehorn them into continuity in a way that supposedly effects the present.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Seems weird that a book that's either set in the past or out of continuity is going to be a backup story of a actual in continuity event..

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm hoping that the insistence on calling it World's Finest and Mark Waid being onboard means they'll remember the final piece of the World's Finest puzzle-- Dick Grayson as Robin!
    I started regularly reading DC comics in the early 1970s, so to me Robin is not as important for that.
    (Heck, it was around the time that even Batman wasn't the regular team-up partner with Superman!)

I enjoyed Chip's Marvel work so I will give Batman: The Knight a try.