Page 147 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3488

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I was half expecting Taylor to write DC vampires book since it sounds like a thematic continuation of DCeased. But what would qualify as a big book for Taylor now?

He is already doing Batman Detective so surely its not another Batman mini and Tynion is staying on Batman long term. Next Batman also has a writer. I don't really see much space for him there. And isn't Injustice bigger than DCeased anyway? Sounds to me like it is something else.
    I don't think he would be that excited to write Injustice once again. I hope is not Injustice, that universe is pure trash.

But... NetherRealm just announced that they are ending support for MK 11, so their next game might be Injustice 3, so maybe it's a new tie-in book? I wish their new game was something in a new universe.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

The ending of the Grifter story in Batman: Urban Legends #5 seems to point to us getting a WildC.A.T.s book in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The ending of the Grifter story in Batman: Urban Legends #5 seems to point to us getting a WildC.A.T.s book in the future.
    Wonder if the upcoming WW vs. Zealot throw down will give more clues? What is Wildcats job even going to be in the mainline DCU I wonder? They swiped all of Batman’s files (wow does Bruce suck at safeguarding those), so I have to assume a confrontation with the JL is coming.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Is this Task Force Z out of continuity?
    It's confirmed not not-in-continuity. So, yeah, it's in continuity. If that even exists anymore.

And yeah, it's an ongoing. Or at least it's described as that.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-13-2021 at 02:14 PM.

It's weird to me that at the same time DC is focusing on the Multiverse, they're trying yet again to incorporate the Wildstorm characters into Earth-0.
    I'd much rather see them on their own Earth where they can be explored to their full potential. Especially the likes of Authority, Stormwatch etc.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I was half expecting Taylor to write DC vampires book since it sounds like a thematic continuation of DCeased. But what would qualify as a big book for Taylor now?

He is already doing Batman Detective so surely its not another Batman mini and Tynion is staying on Batman long term. Next Batman also has a writer. I don't really see much space for him there. And isn't Injustice bigger than DCeased anyway? Sounds to me like it is something else.
    The Injustice comics did go on to be a huge seller for Dc but it's not remotely close to Dceased which turned into a Juggernut sales wise. It was amongst the top 10 best selling comics series for the year 2020 and is still one of the few western comics to make it onto Amazon's list of highest selling/ most wished for comics and manga's [graphic novels] for 2021 thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It's weird to me that at the same time DC is focusing on the Multiverse, they're trying yet again to incorporate the Wildstorm characters into Earth-0.
    I'd much rather see them on their own Earth where they can be explored to their full potential. Especially the likes of Authority, Stormwatch etc.
    They did do that, that was the Ellis The Wild Storm reboot. But then Ellis got outed and that reboot died, so they aren’t going to reboot them again on their own. I’m actually enjoying this attempt at slowly integrating them into the DCU.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

From what I remember Ellis reboot sold rather poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They did do that, that was the Ellis The Wild Storm reboot. But then Ellis got outed and that reboot died, so they aren’t going to reboot them again on their own. I’m actually enjoying this attempt at slowly integrating them into the DCU.
    To be honest, I'd do a WS Rebirth to bring back the classic Authority, Stormwatch lead by Jackson King, Wildcats 3.0, Planetary etc.
    Each book would explore the superhero archetype through a different lens like WS used to.

From what I remember Ellis reboot sold rather poorly.
    I’m not surprised. Frankly outside of Static I’m worried about the Milestone books. Them being outside the DCU gives them more freedom, but risks them being seen as “less important”.
    To be honest, I'd do a WS Rebirth to bring back the classic Authority, Stormwatch lead by Jackson King, Wildcats 3.0, Planetary etc.
    Each book would explore the superhero archetype through a different lens like WS used to.
    In an ideal world the sales would support that, but I don’t think the market can support Wildstorm on its own to be blunt. Most people these days know Grifter as the guy from the Flashpoint animated movie. Not sure there’d be much interest for those books on their own, you gotta remember those books were hits during the 90s.

I’m not surprised. Frankly outside of Static I’m worried about the Milestone books. Them being outside the DCU gives them more freedom, but risks them being seen as “less important”.

In an ideal world the sales would support that, but I don’t think the market can support Wildstorm on its own to be blunt. Most people these days know Grifter as the guy from the Flashpoint animated movie. Not sure there’d be much interest for those books on their own, you gotta remember those books were hits during the 90s.
    They're are still top selling GNs as far as I know. So it would make sense to revive them under the Black Label banner.

Mighty Member

Unless WB animation decides to develop an animation film feature some Wildstorm characters. That will boost more audience get to know more of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Unless WB animation decides to develop an animation film feature some Wildstorm characters. That will boost more audience get to know more of this team.
    Oh yeah, Grifter was in Flashpoint Paradox come to think of it.

Incredible Member

If WB doesn't try to make an Authority animated show off the backs The Boys, Invincible, Ellis, and Millar then they truly don't deserve any of the IPs DC has tbh.

I'm not sure if you can really recapture the magic. Back then it was something new and daring. These days I think that many elements of those runs are incorporated into mainstream DC and Marvel comics. And I feel like we got more indie comics tackling similar themes as those old books.