Page 129 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3488

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    And I will keep repeating until a JSA book is on the shelf it is nothing but empty promises. I don’t care if a creative team has been teased or there is another GD flashback or splash page it all means nothing until the book is physically on the shelf.
    Understandable. But could folks stop saying that leadership that's been there 6 months is responsible for the last 10 years? DC doesn't make decisions, people in charge at DC make decisions. Those decisions don't walk around all by themselves just as Superman doesn't fly but for people writing him that way. That's what this amounts to.

I totally get the frustration and I share it. But the "here we go again" stuff is just silly.

Under Didio we got a splash page and some non-speaking cameos in JL after a 9 year absence. 6 months into the new tenure, Alan Scott is already searching for lost JSA members, and he's not just going to fail to find them. That is a story that places the team squarely in the mix of the DCU, a place they hadn't been in 10 years. Not to mention the fact that the JSA is getting mentions all over the place, meaning they exist again and, more importantly, matter again.

So the frustration is valid but could we at least stop pinning the last 10 years on folks that just got there? They are not Didio and they don't deserve the blame for stuff that he did when he was in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Exactly. DC has been using empty teases since Rebirth and till they make an official announcement, the Stargirl Special's is just that another empty tease to troll.
    Good lord.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Understandable. But could folks stop saying that leadership that's been there 6 months is responsible for the last 10 years? DC doesn't make decisions, people in charge at DC make decisions. Those decisions don't walk around all by themselves just as Superman doesn't fly but for people writing him that way. That's what this amounts to.

I totally get the frustration and I share it. But the "here we go again" stuff is just silly.

Under Didio we got a splash page and some non-speaking cameos in JL after a 9 year absence. 6 months into the new tenure, Alan Scott is already searching for lost JSA members, and he's not just going to fail to find them. That is a story that places the team squarely in the mix of the DCU, a place they hadn't been in 10 years. Not to mention the fact that the JSA is getting mentions all over the place, meaning they exist again and, more importantly, matter again.

So the frustration is valid but could we at least stop pinning the last 10 years on folks that just got there? They are not Didio and they don't deserve the blame for stuff that he did when he was in charge.
    With the current line of DC of pushing Batbooks and giving the middle finger to everything else, my faith in DC is currently very low. The day that a JSA is officially announced, maybe I'll start to believe that new folks are running DC.

Let's try this another way.

Your ceiling has caved in and the repairpeople that were supposed to fix it failed to do that for 10 years, so you've been getting rained and everything you owned destroyed on for an unacceptably long time.

What would you want to have happen next? Wouldn't you try another roofing company? And, if you did do that, and they were still working on your roof 6 months later, could you realistically say "I'm sick of you taking too long to fix it. It's been 10 years. Stop trolling me".

Because that's what this is.

The day that a JSA is officially announced, maybe I'll start to believe that new folks are running DC.
    You don't believe that new people are in charge? I think that would come as a big surprise to Dan Didio and Marie Javins.

You don't believe that new people are in charge? I think that would come as a big surprise to Dan Didio and Marie Javins.
    Seeing DC's poor management, it's like they never left.

Incredible Member

I think this a reasonable and rational way of looking at things. But I empathize with fans riding that negativity train, but it seems like DC and the new powers that be are trying and perhaps the Warner Media and Discovery merger thing will help.
    Last edited by Shimbo; 06-03-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well Midnighter had backups in Superman books, from what I understand he is now getting an annual to wrap up that story and it probably will all get collected in one trade. Why I'm bringing up Midnighter here? I suspect that same will happen with JLD and it will be ending in few months to make room for Legion backups written by Bendis.
    It would make more sense for Legion to replace Tales of Metropolis in the Superman book, considering that book will be starring Jon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It would make more sense for Legion to replace Tales of Metropolis in the Superman book, considering that book will be starring Jon.
    With Son of Kal-El being solicited at $3.99, I'm hoping it means there's no back up at all. Or conversely, stick a back up there and let Action be the cheaper title.

Basically I'm trying to save a buck.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Exactly. DC has been using empty teases since Rebirth and till they make an official announcement, the Stargirl Special's is just that another empty tease to troll.
    In all reality Daniel Cherry is the only new person. Everyone else survived the axing and got promoted.

If JSA has been teased for now 5 years-that is NOT on the new folks. That is on the previous folks who held up everything due to Doomsday Clock.

I would suspect whoever else was suppose to work on that book left or get laid off.

So that would cause a delay. Along with taking a look at what else is coming out. If you want to give the book the best shot-you don't want it to get buried by the return of Milestone, whatever mess the X-Men are going, Ridley's Black Panther, a new Hulk run and so on.

Me personally I would have had the first issue out now with the first trade set to come out in November in time for Black Friday.

If not then-August in time for Star Girl season 2-however we would have seen preorders for issue one since we are now seeing them for other companies.

But the problem is DC has given us a two-page spread and essentially no other information about what they're thinking. Nothing about whether it could be an on-going series or something more limited, and no information about when we might see something.

It's basically the same group of characters we saw on a page of Doomsday Clock #12 at the end of 2019, though not quite as many of them.

It is a sign that something may be likely in the future, but it's still not enough for many of us to get too hopeful until there's something from DC that's a bit more concrete.

I always got the impression that original plan (if we can even call it a plan) was for them to return in Doomsday Clock. But that got delayed a lot and we got what we got - nothing. Now another tease is delivered by same author. Is it new regime vs old regime? No, to me it looks like Johns wants to do it and if he can't hit the deadlines then oh well, you'll just have to wait some more.

We got some stuff with Alan outside of Johns work, but to me that story looks to be more about Alan being gay than about the return of JSA. So I think that JSA will return when Johns will have enough time for monthly JSA book or when DC ends their working relationship with Johns.

Johns called dibs on Shazam for a long time, which is he didn’t get an ongoing until Johns was able to write it. But I don’t think he has the same amount of clout now to be able to hold entire properties hostage anymore.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Johns called dibs on Shazam for a long time, which is he didn’t get an ongoing until Johns was able to write it. But I don’t think he has the same amount of clout now to be able to hold entire properties hostage anymore.
    No properties should be held hostage for a creator. If they are unavailable due to scheduling/other demands then you move on.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    No properties should be held hostage for a creator. If they are unavailable due to scheduling/other demands then you move on.
    Bear in mind that Johns wasn't just a creator, he was a C-suite executive, doesn't make it right but that's why he was able to do it.