Page 71 of 233 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 3488

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    And it’s not a Batman book! https://twitter.com/whatthe_shea/sta...491768834?s=20

(God I hope it’s not a Gotham book either lmao)
    I personally hope it's that Blue and Gold book they've been teasing. It's the only book that's been prominently teased, but not a peep or hint has gone out about it actually appearing in solicitations.

*Just saw she said "announcements". Hopefully a bunch of new titles are released tmrw.
    Last edited by km_sus; 03-10-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Sina Grace has something being announced: https://mobile.twitter.com/SinaGrace...47819016318976

And it looks like Nick Robles does too: https://mobile.twitter.com/ArtofNick...22710080151555

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Sina Grace has something being announced: https://mobile.twitter.com/SinaGrace...47819016318976

And it looks like Nick Robles does too: https://mobile.twitter.com/ArtofNick...22710080151555
    I'm glad Sina Grace is getting work with DC after he left on less than stellar terms with Marvel.

I'm kind of digging Queen Bee's new look.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

And another editor teasing new DC projects being announced today: https://twitter.com/ConroyForReal/st...78268090884098
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 03-11-2021 at 12:47 AM.

So it is either going to be some big anthology one-shot or we are getting bunch of new books?

I hope for new books, but why not announce them in Infinite Frontier #0 like Supergirl?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I hope for new books, but why not announce them in Infinite Frontier #0 like Supergirl?
    maybe they're just anthology and black label books. possibly could be some digital first books also

Extraordinary Member

DC today announced DC Pride, an 80-page anthology comic featuring LGBTQIA+ characters from across the DC Universe, and Crush & Lobo, a new eight-issue miniseries written by Mariko Tamaki (This One Summer, Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass) with art by Amancay Nahuelpan (Nightwing, Wonder Woman). Crush & Lobo will launch on June 1 and DC Pride will publish on June 8. DC will also publish a series of nine Pride themed variant covers in June, showcasing DC’s top characters as realized by the comic book industry’s leading artists.

DC Pride #1 will feature LGBTQIA+ characters from all corners of DC’s ever-expanding Universe, including cameos by fan favorites Batwoman, Renee Montoya, Alan Scott, Midnighter, Apollo, Extraño, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Constantine, and more. The DC Pride creative teams, and the characters they’re developing stories for, are:

• Batwoman (Kate Kane) by James Tynion IV & Trung Le Nguyen
    • Poison Ivy & Harley Quinn by Mariko Tamaki & Amy Reeder
    • Midnighter by Steve Orlando & Stephen Byrne
    • Flash of Earth-11 (Jess Chambers) by Danny Lore & Lisa Sterle
    • Green Lantern (Alan Scott) & Obsidian by Sam Johns & Klaus Janson
    • Aqualad (Jackson Hyde) by Andrew Wheeler & Luciano Vecchio
    • Dreamer by Nicole Maines & Rachel Stott
    • Renee Montoya by Vita Ayala and Skylar Patridge
    • Pied Piper by Sina Grace, Ro Stein & Ted Brandt

Additionally, DC Pride #1 will include full-page profiles of DCTV’s LGBTQIA+ characters and the actors who play them, and fans of The CW’s Supergirl will be thrilled to see the first comic book appearance of Dreamer, a trans woman superhero, in a story written by actor Nicole Maines, who plays Nia Nal/Dreamer on Supergirl.

Rounding out the DC Pride anthology is a forward by Marc Andreyko (Love is Love), single-page pin-ups by artists Kris Anka, Sophie Campbell, Mildred Louis, Travis Moore, Nick Robles and Kevin Wada, with more surprises to come! The DC Pride #1 cover is by Jim Lee, Scott Williams and Tamra Bonvillain.
    DC will also release a series of Pride themed variant covers showcasing DC’s leading characters through the month of June, giving fans the opportunity to purchase comics featuring covers with Batman, Harley, Ivy, Superman, Wonder Woman, and more, all by cutting-edge comic book artists!

• Batman #109 Pride variant cover by Jen Bartel
    • Crush & Lobo #1 Pride variant cover by Yoshi Yoshitani
    • DC Pride #1 Pride variant cover by Jen Bartel
    • Harley Quinn #4 Pride variant cover by Kris Anka
    • Nightwing #81 Pride variant cover by Travis G. Moore
    • Superman #32 Pride variant cover by David Talaski
    • Teen Titans Academy #4 Pride variant cover by Stephen Byrne
    • Wonder Girl #2 Pride variant cover by Kevin Wada
    • Wonder Woman #773 Pride variant cover by Paulina Ganucheau

But DC’s Pride plans aren’t limited to June! Crush & Lobo by Tamaki and Nahuelpan, spinning out of the pages of Teen Titans Academy, will debut with a cover by Kris Anka, a Pride variant cover by Yoshi Yoshitani, a 1:25 ratio variant by Christian Ward, plus an exclusive Dan Hipp team variant for participating retailers. In this new eight-issue miniseries publishing between June 2021 and January 2022, Crush, daughter of the Czarnian bounty hunter Lobo, is in full-on self-destruct mode! After rage-quitting the Teen Titans and blowing up her relationship with her girlfriend Katie, Crush decides it’s time to finally confront her father in space jail and get her baggage sorted before she wrecks everything. Like father, like daughter?
    Last edited by Hypo; 03-11-2021 at 07:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Awesome, I’m not a fan of her quitting the Titans but I’m down for miniseries of her and Lobo together, sounds like a recipe for disaster/fun.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Just curious, when was Aqualad established as gay?

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Just curious, when was Aqualad established as gay?
    DC rebirth
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Tamaki writing Lobo & Crush is not a creative team I would’ve ever imagined but I am interested.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/