Page 181 of 233 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3488

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Can anyone remember how many would have been left? Put differently, 25% of what?

Trying to figure out if there are more now than predicted then, then trying to figure out how many non-Batman books we had then compared to now. I know the answer to that is we used to have more, just wondering how many more.
    Also wonder if they could have meant 25% of regular, on-going titles (as opposed to mini- / limited-series which we seem to be getting flooded with these days).

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I mean, I imagine he probably wants to move on from DC and focus on his superhero universe he's been building at Image. I wouldn't be shocked if he joins substack soon.
    Also, how much clout does Geoff Johns still have with DC these days? Do they really want him around now?

I give Johns slack when it comes to Stargirl.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Can anyone remember how many would have been left? Put differently, 25% of what?

Trying to figure out if there are more now than predicted then, then trying to figure out how many non-Batman books we had then compared to now. I know the answer to that is we used to have more, just wondering how many more.
    I'm not sure, but if I remember right amount of titles that DC released first month after Future State was that "line cut down by 25&" number.

Currently DC is publishing similar amounts to pre-pandemic. Comichron in June numbers mentioned that DC published same amount as in 2019 - 60 titles. Nothing was mentioned in July, but I did quick math and got something like 55-58 titles.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Also wonder if they could have meant 25% of regular, on-going titles (as opposed to mini- / limited-series which we seem to be getting flooded with these days).

Also, how much clout does Geoff Johns still have with DC these days? Do they really want him around now?
    A lot of the people Johns worked with when he was COO has either left or been fired, so I can't imagine he has too much pull. And with how annoying Snyder fanboys are, I can't imagine he wants to keep working on DC characters and getting that attention on him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    But what if there were THREE Stargirls?!

He needs to find a way to deliver on time. It's getting ridiculous.
    Precedent suggests that if that were so it would take THREE years.

Nowhere near his peak, but they aren’t blocking him like they did Waid. I suspect Johns being move involved with the live action side of things is the bigger hold up than any concern DC might have. I mean they brought back Willingham, I don’t think they care about Twitter backlash lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

So DC vs. Vampires and Task Force Z are confirmed as 12 issue series.

I have zero interest in either of them, but I'm surprised Task Force Z isn't an ongoing.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'd much rather have Red Hood join the Secret Six than a zombie Suicide Squad.
    The team needs a comeback and he could be a good selling point.
    Plus he could be replacement for Deadshot and his dynamic with Scandal Savage might be interesting to read about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    So DC vs. Vampires and Task Force Z are confirmed as 12 issue series.
    good. less ongoings, more fixed issue stories please!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I have zero interest in either of them, but I'm surprised Task Force Z isn't an ongoing.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'd much rather have Red Hood join the Secret Six than a zombie Suicide Squad.
    The team needs a comeback and he could be a good selling point.
    Plus he could be replacement for Deadshot and his dynamic with Scandal Savage might be interesting to read about.
    Yeah, I was expecting Task Force Z to be an ongoing since it's basically Jason's new book.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Which "Secret Six", though?
    * 1960s version:

* 1980s version:

Which "Secret Six", though?
    * 1960s version:

* 1980s version:

I'm clearly talking about Simone's versions since I mentioned Scandal Savage.
    My team would be Red Hood, Scandal, Ragdoll, Porcelain, Jeanette and maybe Bane or Clayface.

I wouldn’t mind Fortnite comics for Supes, Wondy, and the Suicide Squad if they’re on the same level as the Batman one, that was a surprisingly good comic. Not surprised they’re doing more Batman/Fortnite considering how well the first sold (although I think having cosmetic codes be included boosted sales a ton).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I wouldn’t mind Fortnite comics for Supes, Wondy, and the Suicide Squad if they’re on the same level as the Batman one, that was a surprisingly good comic. Not surprised they’re doing more Batman/Fortnite considering how well the first sold (although I think having cosmetic codes be included boosted sales a ton).
    The DC/Fortnite comic universe .