Page 46 of 233 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I would have preferred an ongoing maybe a JSA book but I'll take a Stargirl and the seven soldiers of victory one-shot for now, could be fun. I like Geoff Johns run and the tv show so I am in.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...ers-of-victory
    A question mark man? Suspicious.
    Especially since that is Syl's spot. Could he be coming back?

I mean I would have preferred an ongoing maybe a JSA book but I'll take a Stargirl and the seven soldiers of victory one-shot for now, could be fun. I like Geoff Johns run and the tv show so I am in.

Crimson Avenger, dope! I've always liked her design and character concept.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by maxax View Post
    A question mark man? Suspicious.
    Especially since that is Syl's spot. Could he be coming back?
    I would think Courtney has Sly's "spot". Could it be a new take on the traditional 8th SoV, Wing?

Well, this wasn't what I expected, but it can be interesting.

Still it's obvious that DC is giving the middle finger to the JSA.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm all in on this one! Who are we thinking for the mystery member throwing off the spiritual importance of "7"?

Sir Justin looks rad.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-10-2021 at 02:34 PM.

The Stargirl news is pretty cool. Of course I wanted at least a mini and think DC should be pushing her way more, but this is a nice start.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

I'm all in on this one! Who are we thinking for the mystery member?
    Possibilities are a replacement for Wing (Wing How); one of the Vigilante's former sidekicks (Billy Gunn or Stuff); they could even go with a new Squire for the Shining Knight? (Percival Sheldrake, the original Knight of Batman's Knight and Squire, held that role in an issue of Young All-Stars.)
    Other possibilities might be former retconned members TNT and Dyna-Mite or even Alias the Spider?

My money is on a new version of Wing...

8SoV.jpg

So is this what the Stargirl story in Infinite Frontier was supposed to be or was it a lead-in for this? Johns and Nauck is a killer team and it sounds like a fun one-shot though, especially bringing Courtney, Pat, and the Seven Soldiers back to the forefront.

I get Emiko is there in Speedy's spot, but...she's not Speedy. Couldn't we bring back Mia Dearden if we needed a modern Speedy?

When was the last time Shining Knight was in anything? And modern Crimson Avenger. Or classic Vigilante.

Fair point about Mia, especially when Emiko already HAS a book (she's in Teen Titans Academy).

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    My money is on a new version of Wing...

8SoV.jpg
    Yeah, looks like everyone was replaced by their modern counterparts. The second Star Spangled Kid (Stargirl) for the original, the current Green Arrow sidekick (Emiko Queen, Red Arrow) for the original (Roy Harper, Speedy), and the 90s Crimson Avenger in place of the deceased original. So if Wing was the original 8th member, a successor should the new one. They're a mystery because they'd be a whole new character, unlike everyone else.

Of course, such a character would then be fair play to be introduced in season 3 of the Stargirl TV show.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-10-2021 at 03:04 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'm all in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is this what the Stargirl story in Infinite Frontier was supposed to be or was it a lead-in for this? Johns and Nauck is a killer team and it sounds like a fun one-shot though, especially bringing Courtney, Pat, and the Seven Soldiers back to the forefront.

I get Emiko is there in Speedy's spot, but...she's not Speedy. Couldn't we bring back Mia Dearden if we needed a modern Speedy?

When was the last time Shining Knight was in anything? And modern Crimson Avenger. Or classic Vigilante.
    The female Shining Knight was in Morrison’s Seven Soldiers of Victory and I coulda swore she appeared in one more thing later, but can’t remember.

I also believe classic Vigilante got killed in SSoV #0.
    I may be mistaken, though.
    Of course, this was pre-New52 and pre-Doomsday Clock and pre-Death Metal, but hey what else do we have to go on?

Edit-
    I hit Wikipedia and found that Vigilante returned later in Jimmy Olsen, and then was rebooted in the New52.
    But I’m not familiar with either of those stories.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-10-2021 at 09:15 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    The female Shining Knight was in Morrison’s Seven Soldiers of Victory and I coulda swore she appeared in one more thing later, but can’t remember.

I also believe classic Vigilante got killed in SSoV #0.
    I may be mistaken, though.
    Of course, this was pre-New52 and pre-Doomsday Clock and pre-Death Metal, but hey what else do we have to go on?

Edit-
    I hit Wikipedia and found that Vigilante returned later in Jimmy Olsen, and then was rebooted in the New52.
    But I’m not familiar with either of those stories.
    Morrison’s Shining Knight showed up with the rest of his Seven Soldiers in that Sideways Annual he did.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Morrison’s Shining Knight showed up with the rest of his Seven Soldiers in that Sideways Annual he did.
    Thanks!!
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Morrison's Shining Knight was also a member of Demon Knights during New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    they could even go with a new Squire for the Shining Knight? (Percival Sheldrake, the original Knight of Batman's Knight and Squire, held that role in an issue of Young All-Stars.)
    If they do that I hope they don't reboot Batman's Knight/Squire and it would be some different, unrelated squire.