Page 201 of 233 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3488
    Extraordinary Member

Didn't think this really warranted it's own thread so figured I'd shove it in here - some creator commentary on DC's current line:

https://twitter.com/IAmBradWalker/st...69053914906626

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe Mera undergoes some gender identity issues?
    Maybe she is related to some of those fish species than change sex.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They probably did borrow from Carol’s design and background but in terms of concept she’s a clear Captain Universe expy:
    I must concede than indeed Doctor Multiverse seems to be more like a Captain Universe analog. But Gary Frank draws her slightly different:

And her origin reminds more of Captain Universe and Monica Rambeau than Carol's. But Williamson himself said she had different aspects of characters.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I must concede than indeed Doctor Multiverse seems to be more like a Captain Universe analog. But Gary Frank draws her slightly different:

And her origin reminds more of Captain Universe and Monica Rambeau than Carol's. But Williamson himself said she had different aspects of characters.
    Well, she's in-between Calvin and Thomas Wayne Batman so I guess she is effectively a Wonder Woman equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

why is she black here but white in the DC nation picture?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    ...Is this a reverse Lightning Lad situation?

I thought she was of Indian ascendancy after seeing the first picture, but she does look black in Gary Frank's image.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, she's in-between Calvin and Thomas Wayne Batman so I guess she is effectively a Wonder Woman equivalent.
    Looks like it, wonder if that means the final to be revealed member is from another “family” then?
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Maybe they changed her race but forgot to pull/change the ad? Is she black though? Her name made me think Indian.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Looks like it, wonder if that means the final to be revealed member is from another “family” then?

Maybe they changed her race but forgot to pull/change the ad? Is she black though? Her name made me think Indian.
    I'm saying black in the Gary Frank cover because of the hair texture, the DC nation excerpt she is on the tanner side, so maybe she's supposed to be indian. if that's the case (that she's indian) I can see how the mix up could've happened. maybe she was original gonna be black, they considered making her black, or Gary Frank saw an earlier iteration that was just darker skinned and he misinterpreted it.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

She is not indian, she is canadian, well from a parallel Canada (Canadangor?), but canadian.
    The race can be a mistake from the artist interpretation. But if it is a mistake from Frank or from Peterson, we will have to wait. MAybe it will be corrected before the published issue.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 10-16-2021 at 12:51 AM.

Incredible Member

"Prelude to Aquamen"?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Didn't think this really warranted it's own thread so figured I'd shove it in here - some creator commentary on DC's current line:

https://twitter.com/IAmBradWalker/st...69053914906626

"Horny?" I'm not sure if DC is any more horny than they used to be. Like, other than Tim Drake and Jon Kent's sexualities coming up, the horniest thing I can think of in recent months is Superman and Lois having sky sex.

As for what I guess is happening now because of there no longer being some massive control issue:

- Wally being The Flash?

- Directly addressing characters' sexuality?

- Batman going back to Batman Inc.?

- The JSA...exist?

- The Wonder Family appearing in a Wonder Woman book?

- Diverse legacy heroes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    "Prelude to Aquamen"?

Probably a new book or event.

Extraordinary Member

Announced on fandome, all current Milestone books getting season 2 and Blood Syndicate is coming.

Extraordinary Member

Prelude to Aquamen...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    "Prelude to Aquamen"?
    Beat ya to it

Anyways

https://twitter.com/whatthe_shea/sta...74635598135299

Extraordinary Member

Announced on fandome, all current Milestone books getting season 2 and Blood Syndicate is coming.