Page 91 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3488

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Might be, but I think they're going want to emphasize Gotham Knights and the SS game.
    Hm you know he was teasing something Tim related coming up in May. https://twitter.com/tomtaylormade/st...582585857?s=21 although that might just be Tim showing up in Nightwing maybe they’re having Taylor write a Gotham Knights digital tie-in series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    He keep saying he wants to write a Superman book, so it might happen sooner or later.
    I’m sure he will at some point but I’m not looking forward to it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hm you know he was teasing something Tim related coming up in May. https://twitter.com/tomtaylormade/st...582585857?s=21 although that might just be Tim showing up in Nightwing maybe they’re having Taylor write a Gotham Knights digital tie-in series.

I’m sure he will at some point but I’m not looking forward to it.
    Better that than him writing anything where Wonder Woman shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Better that than him writing anything where Wonder Woman shows up.
    I’m at the point where I’m fine with another Batbook if it keeps Taylor from writing the characters I like
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Tony Patrick and Christian Duce Bring The Signal Back to Gotham City

Mariko Tamaki and David Lapham Give Huntress Her First Super Power

Batman Secret Files – A New DC Comic Book Series Spotlighting Solo Adventures of The Dark Knight’s Crimefighting Allies

Batman fans everywhere know that there’s a lot of shady stuff going on in Gotham City and even the Caped Crusader can’t be everywhere at once, especially now. Fortunately, there are plenty of Bat-Family heroes on hand to take up the battle against crime! This July, DC launches Batman Secret Files, a new monthly series of one-shots featuring Batman’s partners in crimefighting. In this series, Bat-fans will see new adventures in Gotham City, exploring the deep bench of heroes the Dark Knight has inspired.

Batman Secret Files: The Signal #1

The return of Duke Thomas, a.k.a. The Signal, kicks off this series on Tuesday, July 7. In a story written by Tony Patrick (Batman and The Signal) with art by Christian Duce (The Flash, Detective Comics, Justice League vs. Suicide Squad). The Signal comes back as Gotham City’s daytime protector after his time with the Outsiders. But during his sabbatical from his hometown, everything about the city and the people closest to him changed. And the mystery of the White Market, a deadly source of weapons being trafficked into Gotham City that even Batman can’t track down, will only push the Signal further away from everything he knows and into a brand-new world of danger.

This 40-page one-shot features a main cover by Ken Lashley with a variant cover by Cully Hamner (Batman and The Signal).

Batman Secret Files: Huntress #1

On Tuesday July 27, Detective Comics and Eisner Award-winning writer Mariko Tamaki teams up with acclaimed Stray Bullets writer/artist David Lapham for a new tale featuring Gotham City’s Violet Vengeance! Huntress has been through a LOT lately...including her brain being invaded by a violent parasite bent on sending her on a deadly slugfest. If that wasn’t enough, now she has to deal with enhanced abilities too, thanks to a villain by the name of Vile. This parasite has given her the ability to see through the eyes of his victims and this is not her idea of a good time! Huntress isn’t one to be played with, and she’s on the hunt for Vile, with a crossbow bolt with his name on it!

Also weighing in at 40 pages, this one-shot features a main cover by Irvin Rodriguez (Future State: Robin Eternal), with a card stock variant by Riccardo Federici.

Each title will be available day and date in comic book stores and on participating digital platforms.

Lmao amazing. Well Signal fans should be happy, assuming they enjoyed the mini Tony Patrick did. Add another black writer to the roster, this is a crazy turnaround from the days where there was only one at best.

Spectacular Member

Definitely buy, like the idea of an anthology but could it not focus on another character family, already got back ups in the two main Batman books and Urban Legends for stories like these

I'm down for more Signal, I like Duke especially by Tony Patrick so lets do this.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

Batman Secret Files – A New DC Comic Book Series Spotlighting Solo Adventures of The Dark Knight’s Crimefighting Allies

Batman fans everywhere know that there’s a lot of shady stuff going on in Gotham City and even the Caped Crusader can’t be everywhere at once, especially now. Fortunately, there are plenty of Bat-Family heroes on hand to take up the battle against crime! This July, DC launches Batman Secret Files, a new monthly series of one-shots featuring Batman’s partners in crimefighting. In this series, Bat-fans will see new adventures in Gotham City, exploring the deep bench of heroes the Dark Knight has inspired.

The return of Duke Thomas, a.k.a. The Signal, kicks off this series on Tuesday, July 7. In a story written by Tony Patrick (Batman and The Signal) with art by Christian Duce (The Flash, Detective Comics, Justice League vs. Suicide Squad). The Signal comes back as Gotham City’s daytime protector after his time with the Outsiders. But during his sabbatical from his hometown, everything about the city and the people closest to him changed. And the mystery of the White Market, a deadly source of weapons being trafficked into Gotham City that even Batman can’t track down, will only push the Signal further away from everything he knows and into a brand-new world of danger.

This 40-page one-shot features a main cover by Ken Lashley with a variant cover by Cully Hamner (Batman and The Signal).

On Tuesday July 27, Detective Comics and Eisner Award-winning writer Mariko Tamaki teams up with acclaimed Stray Bullets writer/artist David Lapham for a new tale featuring Gotham City’s Violet Vengeance! Huntress has been through a LOT lately...including her brain being invaded by a violent parasite bent on sending her on a deadly slugfest. If that wasn’t enough, now she has to deal with enhanced abilities too, thanks to a villain by the name of Vile. This parasite has given her the ability to see through the eyes of his victims and this is not her idea of a good time! Huntress isn’t one to be played with, and she’s on the hunt for Vile, with a crossbow bolt with his name on it!

Also weighing in at 40 pages, this one-shot features a main cover by Irvin Rodriguez (Future State: Robin Eternal), with a card stock variant by Riccardo Federici.

Each title will be available day and date in comic book stores and on participating digital platforms.
    Nice to see them using Secret Files to spotlight other Bat-Family characters...although, still more Bat Books.

Good to see Tony Patrick back on Duke since he's done some of the best work with him.

I don't care for Huntress having actual powers or fighting something that seems kind of outside her wheelhouse, but I guess the mob isn't eye-catching.

Cool, this is the type of comic the should do with the focus on the entire DC universe.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Cool, this is the type of comic the should do with the focus on the entire DC universe.
    I mean there is a secret files for Infinite Frontier, maybe this is the start of something we could see regularly.

However I do question how a "monthly series of one-shots" works
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Variants:

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean there is a secret files for Infinite Frontier, maybe this is the start of something we could see regularly.

Each month it's a new story.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Batman: Urban Legends
    Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
    Batman: Secret Files

And how long have we been saying anthologies don't work/sell anymore? DC just needed to find the right character to fill them!

Each month it's a new story.
    And a perfect excuse to have endless, shiny new #1's!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Hey look a Mister Miracle (Shilo) Interview with preview art in the link

https://blacknerdproblems.com/honori...randon-easton/
    I'm extremely excited for this book to drop! Easton seems to be very much leaning into societal themes and conflicts, so I'm curious to see how well they'll play off that with a character like Mister Miracle.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

FINALLY more Duke content in canon that will advance his story! and with Tony Patrick? love to see it
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."