Page 183 of 233 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 3488
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    In non-Batman news, next year Waid and Hitch are officially doing a Superman book.

At the risk of tempting fate again with another Batman/Fortnite success: what the f***? This is just getting ridiculous lol, who the hell are these guys? I’m guessing a Fortnite “clan” of gamers? I’ve never heard of them.
    Daniel Cherry (the brand manager of DC) was a former esports exec at Activision. I think we are definitely seeing his influence here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    At the risk of tempting fate again with another Batman/Fortnite success: what the f***? This is just getting ridiculous lol, who the hell are these guys? I’m guessing a Fortnite “clan” of gamers? I’ve never heard of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I...what ?
    They're an eSports team apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    They're an eSports team apparently.
    Not only that, but some of them are huge d bags and are involved in some crypto scams.
    This decision is mind boggling to me.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Not only that, but some of them are huge d bags and are involved in some crypto scams.
    Is this like when Marvel was doing a tie-in comic with like some sports company or weapons developer and they eventually canceled the comic because of the bad publicity?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Eh, it's in the same vein as the Fortnite comic or webtoon, get eyeballs who wouldn't normally be interested in comics looking at the product.

Is this like when Marvel was doing a tie-in comic with like some sports company or weapons developer and they eventually canceled the comic because of the bad publicity?
    Doubtful, Faze Clan apparently announced a similar deal with McDonalds earlier in August so they don't seem to be a toxic brand.

Astonishing Member

It was Northrop Grumman. But DC was never as media savy as Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    It was Northrop Grumman. But DC was never as media savy as Marvel.
    I mean, Marvel has their fair share of media blunders. It's a Big Two thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Eh, it's in the same vein as the Fortnite comic or webtoon, get eyeballs who wouldn't normally be interested in comics looking at the product.
    I doubt this gonna have the same impact as Batman\Fortnite, but we'll see.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Daniel Cherry (the brand manager of DC) was a former esports exec at Activision. I think we are definitely seeing his influence here.
    Oh right I forgot about that, yeah I can totally see him being the brains behind this. I don’t think DC “gets” why Batman/Fortnite was successful. Wasn’t because of the story or art (which were surprisingly good) it was because of the cosmetic codes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think they wouldn't have included those codes in the first place if they didn't "get it".

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think they wouldn't have included those codes in the first place if they didn't "get it".
    If this Faze comic has codes then I’ll concede they’re smarter than they appear.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

My guess since nothing got announced is solicitations are next week
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    We already got some of December's comics in the November solicit, and with the already announced delays from DC, whatever the next solicits are could be later than usual and somewhat lighter.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I won't be surprised if we get Marvel on Thursday next week, then DC the next day, instead of DC being six days before Marvel, then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I won't be surprised if we get Marvel on Thursday next week, then DC the next day, instead of DC being six days before Marvel, then.
    Also take notice of the PRICE increase.............

Saw that on the FOC today.