Page 117 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 3488

it was in another pod. He said that due to all the crisis retcons, something negative was transforming the characters, which I think may have caused HEROES IN CRISIS, but I don’t know if he really talks about Darkseid. Hence Roy must gain the powers.
    https://gatecrashers.fan/2021/05/21/...ua-williamson/
    Last edited by Dougbauer; 05-23-2021 at 02:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    it was in another pod. He said that due to all the crisis retcons, something negative was transforming the characters, which I think may have caused HEROES IN CRISIS, but I don’t know if he really talks about Darkseid. Hence Roy must gain the powers.
    https://gatecrashers.fan/2021/05/21/...ua-williamson/
    Hmm, I feel like he spoke in the past about them just blaming a lot of retcons on Dr. Manhattan and Perpetua, I'm a bit tired of these things constantly ocurring.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Hmm, I feel like he spoke in the past about them just blaming a lot of retcons on Dr. Manhattan and Perpetua, I'm a bit tired of these things constantly ocurring.
    Ok its in this Interview by 1:38
    https://youtu.be/GESnHHsFygA

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    And don't forget Liberty Belle. After Death Metal we can see Libby alongside the rest of the JSA.
    If you're referring to this:

I didn't see anything that specifically says that's the Justice Society of America.
    Yes, most of those characters had been with the JSA at some point in history, but the dateline for that scene was 1943. Hawkgirl had previously not been a member of the JSA then, and neither had Liberty Belle. All of them had been part of the All-Star Squadron at that time, including all the members of the JSA.
    Whether that was what DC now considers the WWII-era JSA now or not, who knows?
    Does DC even know any more? It would be nice if they told us, but that would be too difficult for DC, I guess.

Incredible Member

I'll need to try to listen to all these interviews when I get some time, but I can tell at the very least you got the time reference wrong as I went to 00:01:38 and 01:38:00 and he wasn't talking about Darkseid messing with reality or anybody else doing so at either point.

This stuff is going to be around as long as EVS, cosmic book news, and other comicsgate folk are around. Also according to them DC will close for being “woke” and TV and movies succeed or fail for the same reasons. These are the same folks that said the HBO series Watchmen was “canceled” (it wasn’t) because it was a giant flop (it wasn’t) because, you guessed it, it was too woke. There will always be knuckle staggers like these, always fighting the last war. Content yourself that you are not among them because they are a sad, sorry bunch.

Maybe DC will get sold. I can’t know that. But I do know that, if they do, it would be because of money and wouldn’t have anything to do with these rumors which have been coming from these people pretty much ever since EVS stopped drawing for DC.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm not doubting you, it just seems weird to keep having these stories of villains being behind stupid retcons that don't actually make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If you're referring to this:

I didn't see anything that specifically says that's the Justice Society of America.
    Yes, most of those characters had been with the JSA at some point in history, but the dateline for that scene was 1943. Hawkgirl had previously not been a member of the JSA then, and neither had Liberty Belle. All of them had been part of the All-Star Squadron at that time, including all the members of the JSA.
    Whether that was what DC now considers the WWII-era JSA now or not, who knows?
    Does DC even know any more? It would be nice if they told us, but that would be too difficult for DC, I guess.
    WW not being part of that team shot and them not following up that brief Snyder story made it look like they quietly abandoned Diana being the first hero and centuries old lol. Probably for the best especially considering how they characterize her.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

If WB/Discovery does get sold, it won't be to Disney. At that point the chances of a monopoly/anti-trust situation with the US government comes into play again, not just for comics, but for a lot of different industries. It's improbable at worst and laughable at best.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Anybody know if DC has FINALLY shown all the decade variants for the Green Arrow 80th Anniversary special yet?
    I forget which covers have already been posted/revealed:

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Nice. The 50's cover is weird though. I would have had him with the JLA on there.

I went for the 90's one.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Extraordinary Member

Story list for the Green Arrow 80th anniversary special:

• "The Disappearing Bandit" by Mariko Tamaki and Javier Rodriguez
    • "Punching Evil" by Tom Taylor, Nicola Scott and Annette Kwok
    • "Who Watches the Watchtower?" by Stephanie Phillips, Chris Mooneyham and Mike Spicer
    • "Out of the Shadow" by Mike Grell and Lovern Kindzerski
    • "The Arrow and the Song" by Ram V, Christopher Mitten and Ivan Plascencia
    • "One" by Brandon Thomas, Jorge Corona and Matheus Lopes
    • "Green Man and Red Boy" by Devin Grayson and Max Fiumara
    • "Star City Star" by Phil Hester, Ande Parks and Trish Mulvihill
    • "Happy Anniversary" by Vita Ayala, Laura Braga and Adriano Lucas
    • "The Sympathy of the Woods" by Ben Percy and Otto Schmidt
    • "The Last Green Arrow Story" by Jeff Lemire, Andrea Sorrentino and Jordie Bellaire
    • "Tap, Tap, Tap" by Larry O’Neil, Jorge Fornes and Dave Stewart