Page 20 of 233 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Alot of staple books are still missing.

Spectacular Member

Well the good news, is i think we will not have new series Bat-related for May. Maybe 1 or 2 titles but it's all. Because i think DC keep the surprise for some titles after Infinite Frontier #0 is in comic-shop.

After i think we need to be patient to see more new series other than Batman. Many creators (Williamson, Lemire, Venditti, Jones ...) work on series we don't know. Maybe is the series we wait.

And honestly, if you want less Batman titles, you just need to not buy this titles, priviliege, comunicated ont the other titles to change the mentality.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    Well the good news, is i think we will not have new series Bat-related for May. Maybe 1 or 2 titles but it's all. Because i think DC keep the surprise for some titles after Infinite Frontier #0 is in comic-shop.

After i think we need to be patient to see more new series other than Batman. Many creators (Williamson, Lemire, Venditti, Jones ...) work on series we don't know. Maybe is the series we wait.

And honestly, if you want less Batman titles, you just need to not buy this titles, priviliege, comunicated ont the other titles to change the mentality.
    If you don't think more Batman is coming down the pipe, buddy I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    If you don't think more Batman is coming down the pipe, buddy I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
    Let me hope. If Rebirth and Scott Snyder i learn me one thing. Is to have hope.

And well, maybe we will have 1-2 new Bat-titles. But we will have new announcement pour series on others characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    Let me hope. If Rebirth and Scott Snyder i learn me one thing. Is to have hope.

And well, maybe we will have 1-2 new Bat-titles. But we will have new announcement pour series on others characters.
    Scott Snyder should have taught you that there's ALWAYS more Batman to cram into the DC Universe if anything. Metal and DM were just "but what if literally all our stories were just Batman."

Spectacular Member

Scott Snyder should have taught you that there's ALWAYS more Batman to cram into the DC Universe if anything. Metal and DM were just "but what if literally all our stories were just Batman."
    It learn to see vision of the DCU dominated by the bat-titles if DC decided to sold only Bat-titles. And it's the role of readers to avoid this by not only privilieged that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Christ, ANOTHER Batman book. I mean, I love Batman. I really do. But enough's enough, already. This is getting worse than Marvel using Wolverine as a crutch for most of the 90s.
    Marvel is using spider-man as a crutch too but you don't see people complaining about that company using their mascot a lot
    Batman is the face of DC
    If you feel like that's an injustice then vote with your wallet to change it
    As it stands DC has a lot less leverage now that AT&T are tightening the ship on them something serious

I mean Clayton Henry has been teasing art of Billy Batson at Teen Titans Academy, I figure that’s got to be for something. He also drew something with Jon Kent that he’s working on so it’s not necessarily clear what DC is up to at this point.

I would also assume they’re keeping a few cards up their sleeve for Infinite Frontier.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I used to have a similar way of expressing myself on Batman like a lot of others do, "I'm a Batman fan but its too much". Now, its to the point I don't even like the character anymore. It sucks, because I don't want to not like him. But the over-saturation and the unabashed top of the food chain portrayals in the narrative have gotten me to that point.

I understand why he has a lot of content. That part, whilst annoying I get. Its not what makes me dislike the character. Its mostly the way he's written and its trickle down effect on the rest of the DCU.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-15-2021 at 01:57 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Marvel is using spider-man as a crutch too but you don't see people complaining about that company using their mascot a lot
    Batman is the face of DC
    If you feel like that's an injustice then vote with your wallet to change it
    As it stands DC has a lot less leverage now that AT&T are tightening the ship on them something serious
    Literally everyone complains about there being too many Spider-Man or X-Men products. Are you daft?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I used to have a similar way of expressing myself on Batman like a lot of others do, "I'm a Batman fan but its too much". Now, its to the point I don't even like the character anymore. It sucks, because I don't want to not like him. But the over-saturation and the unabashed top of the food chain portrayals in the narrative have gotten me to that point.
    Bingo. I still very much like Batman but I've been able to divorce the Batman I like from the modern incarnation which, frankly, is toxic.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

You know what these solicits need? More Batman!

Kidding, of course. This joke's not even funny anymore DC... *sigh*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What is going ON at DC? I thought Action having the wrong artist on its cover was bad but...

AT&T really cut them down to the bone.
    Writer... penciler... inker... Omigosh I did not notice that. (not really interested in Crime Syndicate as protagonists) wow...

By the way we're doing April solicits here? Not in a new thread?

Literally everyone complains about there being too many Spider-Man or X-Men products. Are you daft?

Bingo. I still very much like Batman but I've been able to divorce the Batman I like from the modern incarnation which, frankly, is toxic.
    I think the thing with Marvel is there are a good selection of titles outside the X-Men right now with some decent writers on all of them. Black Cat is fantastic, Captain Marvel has been great, Spider-Woman is pretty good, Black Widow is good. Champions and Ms Marvel are both quite interesting right now.

Marvel is allowing several female characters to breath and it's making a difference. I can't say enough good things about Black Cat, it's probably the most "fun" comic that Marvel produces right now. I am a big X-book fan but I don't like all of the titles, mostly just Marauders, X-Factor, Excalibur, Hellions, and SWORD are the best titles. I do follow the entire X-line, but that's just because I have always been a die hard X-fan. But the thing that strikes me is how many starring female characters Marvel has versus DC, and it's not like DC doesn't have a massive catalogue of characters to pull from, it's just like they don't want to take any risks with any characters.

Even on non-white characters I think Marvel does a much better job giving them a voice. X-Men does lack in minority characters on some books, but they seem to be trying to get better.

I want DC to be great, DC has such amazing characters and such a depth of character history. They could make some really compelling stories, but it's like they are buried under the weight of Batman and it's drowning the entire line. There are characters under the batman umbrella that would be better served getting away from Gotham and breathing a bit. Like why is Harley Quinn back in Gotham again? Why not put her in a different city? Why don't they just release Poison Ivy from the Batline and put her in as a recurring character in Swamp Thing or Justice League Dark where they could actually give her character a chance to breath as an anti-hero?

Why don't they rotate the cast of the Green Lanterns book a bit more, do story arcs and feature Lanterns across the entire universe in different arcs. In a way the Green Lantern Corp and the other Lantern Corps have as many characters as Marvel's X-Men do. For that matter I don't understand why DC confines themselves to Earth so much, they have this massive cosmic universe of characters and they should utilize them more. They need a space book or two that gets off Earth completely.

Then the Legion of Super Heroes is a total mess. Bendis actually made me like Rose & Thorn in Millennium, I liked her story. But then he completely screwed up the delivery with Legion. Legion has such a massive slate of characters, in a way they are DC's X-Men because of the sheer number of characters available, I am sure with some good writers you could actually do two different Legion books that focusses on different characters.

I will give DC credit, I like Yara Flor and I hope they continue to do something with her after Future State even if she is just a member of team Wonder Woman.

It's funny how Catwoman is more famous, but I find her book utterly boring, and Black Cat who is technically a copycat character is dynamic and fun. I guess it's just personality, Felicia is portrayed as a thrill seeker who just loves to plan sophisticated capers, and her battle with the Thieves guild is more like a fun competition than some kind of tense war. I couldn't care less about King in Black, but Black Cat's crossover with King in Black is actually interesting and fun.

This is something I dislike about both companies, Grim Dark Death Metal and Grim Dark King in Black feel the same. This is Marvel's fault for copying something stupid because it's edgy. But DC and Marvel do this all the time and try to copy each other's bad events and end up making worse events. I wish they would go back to the time when they only had one event every two years because honestly both companies need to plan and storyboard their events better.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It's funny how Catwoman is more famous, but I find her book utterly boring, and Black Cat who is technically a copycat character is dynamic and fun. I guess it's just personality, Felicia is portrayed as a thrill seeker who just loves to plan sophisticated capers, and her battle with the Thieves guild is more like a fun competition than some kind of tense war. I couldn't care less about King in Black, but Black Cat's crossover with King in Black is actually interesting and fun.
    Have you tried Catwoman since Ram V took over as regular writer? I agree, the previous run was incredibly paint-by-numbers, and the best issues were V's fill-ins. Now that he's had some time to worldbuild on his own, I feel like the book's gotten much better.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Honestly, I thought something big and new would happen after Infinite Frontier. I thought there would be new costumes, opportunities for different heroes, new status quo, etc. I was very disappointed. It looks like it's just more Batman-related titles.