Page 111 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3488
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Are we getting solicits this week or next?
    Who knows anymore? Historically, it should be today. But, the last two months threw that off. And, I read recently that the guy that handled the solicitation releases was one of the people let go at the end of last year. And last month's weird "middle of the night on a weekend" release makes you wonder who is paying attention there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Just one of the reasons why I'm not buying a lot of books from DC these days . . .
    Yep that statement doesn't really say much about the current writers at dc

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Who knows anymore? Historically, it should be today. But, the last two months threw that off. And, I read recently that the guy that handled the solicitation releases was one of the people let go at the end of last year. And last month's weird "middle of the night on a weekend" release makes you wonder who is paying attention there anymore.
    Jeez, seems like things are a little topsy-turvy at DC.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Hopefully that will be fixed by July.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Are we getting solicits this week or next?
    I'm guessing they won't be out until next week. Tynion indicated in his newsletter last week that we'd be getting news on what the Bat-books have been building to since A-Day and Infinite Frontier #0. He makes it sound like it could be a big Bat-family crossover or event series. I would assume if we're learning more this month, then something from it will be in the solicits. As the only announcement for August so far has been the Clownhunter Secret File issue, I'm guessing there are still more announcements to come before solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I'm guessing they won't be out until next week. Tynion indicated in his newsletter last week that we'd be getting news on what the Bat-books have been building to since A-Day and Infinite Frontier #0. He makes it sound like it could be a big Bat-family crossover or event series. I would assume if we're learning more this month, then something from it will be in the solicits. As the only announcement for August so far has been the Clownhunter Secret File issue, I'm guessing there are still more announcements to come before solicits.
    Feels a little too soon for a big crossover again, but I always feel that way.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I agree with you, and I hope I'm misunderstanding what Tynion's saying. August is only going to be the sixth month since Infinite Frontier started, which is way too soon IMO. But if they're planning to announce whatever he's talking about this month, I assume it will start or have some presence in August.

For reference, this is the quote I was referring to:

This month, you’re going to find out what a lot of the line has been building to since A-Day in Infinite Frontier #0… THE COWARDLY LOT is just the beginning, and the story is going to evolve into something bigger, as our story’s climax coincides with a bunch of the other Bat-Books. I can’t say much more than that, but I am verrrrrrry excited about [REDACTED ON PAIN OF DEATH].

Jeez, seems like things are a little topsy-turvy at DC.
    Can't ever remember DC as it is currently

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    This. He's hit-or-miss with me. Batman? Big miss. JLD? Grand slam.

Guess which one got cannibalized for the other?
    Don't remind me...

And I have a nagging feeling the JLD back-ups aren't going to be around for long either.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Well, didn't it also seem like it was way too soon for a big Joker story when "The Joker War" started?

Spectacular Member

Well, didn't it also seem like it was way too soon for a big Joker story when "The Joker War" started?
    No, It had been a while since the bat-books had an event, probably the Monster Men thing near start of rebirth

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewFieldhouse View Post
    No, It had been a while since the bat-books had an event, probably the Monster Men thing near start of rebirth
    I wasn't talking about general Bat-events.

I was talking about YET ANOTHER big, multi-issue Joker story where Gotham City falls gets pummeled YET AGAIN.

I wasn't talking about general Bat-events.

I was talking about YET ANOTHER big, multi-issue Joker story where Gotham City falls gets pummeled YET AGAIN.
    I don’t think it will be Joker. Tynion has said his Batman and Joker stuff will run on parallel tracks that come together towards the end of his time on the Batbooks. He also said he’s got a three year plan, so I expect the big finale Batman/Joker crossover event will occur in 2023.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t think it will be Joker. Tynion has said his Batman and Joker stuff will run on parallel tracks that come together towards the end of his time on the Batbooks. He also said he’s got a three year plan, so I expect the big finale Batman/Joker crossover event will occur in 2023.
    I didn't say it would be Joker.

This is what was said:
    What I THOUGHT I was making clear is that, when it comes to DC, editors and writers don't necessarily think it's ever "TOO SOON" to do things again . . . and again . . . and again . . .