Page 114 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3488

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Is this the first time we've seen the Decades Variants on one of these anniversary specials priced higher than the standard cover? I know all about DC's current price gouging policy with covers, but I've bought no less than 3 Decades Variants of all the previous specials and never seen one priced at $10.99...

Does this mean the standard cover is going to be on regular flimsy paper?
    By "flimsy paper" do you mean regular cover stock paper or something even more inferior?
    (Do Marvel and DC use the same paper stock for comic books these days? I think I remember Marvel went for a really cheap paper stock a few years back and also used that for the covers.)

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By "flimsy paper" do you mean regular cover stock paper or something even more inferior?
    (Do Marvel and DC use the same paper stock for comic books these days? I think I remember Marvel went for a really cheap paper stock a few years back and also used that for the covers.)
    By flimsy I mean regular cover stock.

"Flimsy" barely begins to describe Marvel's current paper stock (both covers and interiors); the box of Kleenex in my bathroom is tougher than that crap. But yes, that's been the case for years now. People cried when DC switched from their flimsy glossy paper to the thicker matte they use now, but I still don't get why. The books look and feel so much better - not like they're going to crumble into dust if the wind picks up.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Anybody know if DC has FINALLY shown all the decade variants for the Green Arrow 80th Anniversary special yet?
    We're still waiting.

When's that due out? It must be soon. You'd think we'd see them before Final Order Cut Off.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well would you look at that, not only a new Jace Fox Batman series but also a Batman event, this time about Scarecrow instead of the Joker.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...recrow-and-the
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-19-2021 at 07:17 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I can already hear people complaining about this:

This can’t miss event is also the launching point for several new series and plotlines across all Batman-family titles
    More Bat titles, lets go.

edit: problem on my end with pictures right now if someone else could do it be appreciated. Not good signal messing with me.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-19-2021 at 07:27 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I can already hear people complaining about this:

More Bat titles, lets go.
    If the new series are focused on Batgirls, BoP or Jace, I won't complain. If they launch yet another Bruce Wayne series or a new anthology, then it will be pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well would you look at that, not only a new Jace Fox Batman series but also a Batman event, this time about Scarecrow instead of the Joker.

I am so psyched for this!

Maybe this will wrap up all the crap with the Magistrate so we can get back to a more "normal" version of Gotham City?
    And wouldn't it be sweet if Tynion decided to give up ruining the Bat-universe when this is all done?
    Ahhh, who am I kidding. That won't happen any time soon.

Incredible Member

I'm excited for this, and it'll be fun to see them build off what they've been working on. Scarecrow feels like a good villain to build an event around, and I'm hoping this will also give time to flesh out Miracle Molly, The Gardner, the Peacemaker One, and Ghostmaker. I am curious to see how Ivy is going to fit into all of this. I was assuming they were going to use her it whatever comes after the Scarecrow arc, rather than make her a big part of it.

I'm glad we're already getting word on where Jace Fox will be popping up next. I enjoyed Second Son, but was disappointed he didn't become Batman during the series. I'm also happy to see Ridley is still involved, because I was afraid he'd be stepping away after it was announced he would be writing Black Panther. It'll be interesting to see if I Am Batman will continue monthly, or if this will be a special issue, and the series will continue sometime down the line, ala Infinite Frontier.

I'm down for more Bat-titles to spin out of the series. I feel that this could be what finally launches the Batgirls title. They'll probably get something to do during the crossover, and then that launches them into their own series. Tynion has basically confirmed it was coming, it's just a matter of putting the pieces in motion. Might this also lead to a new Outsiders series? We know something else is happening with them this fall, based on the ending of their Urban Legends story.

Though I know Zdarsky has indicated it's not happening, I'd love to get a full Zdarsky Red Hood book, or see Tim try to head his own again. Outside of the Future State: Robin Eternal two-parter, I don't think Tim's got to lead his own solo since Red Robin a decade ago.

I mean the ivy stuff might tie in because of Catwoman and Harley Quinn. In Catwoman I believe it was actually Simon Saint who had captured Ivy, not Queen ivy because Poison Ivy is two different people currently for some reason, and used her to make a drug of some kind only to be freed by Catwoman. As for Harley, well she wants to date Ivy and has been trying to look for her since Joker War ended.
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

edit: problem on my end with pictures right now if someone else could do it be appreciated. Not good signal messing with me.
    Batman: Fear State Alpha #1 Cover by Ben Oliver

Batman: Fear State Alpha #1 Variant by Dylan Teague

Batman: Fear State Alpha #1 Variant by Jorge Jimenez

Extraordinary Member

Batman: Fear State Alpha #1 Variant by Francesco Mattina

Batman 112-117 Variants by Jorge Molina

I Am Batman #0 Cover by Travel Foreman

Extraordinary Member

I Am Batman #0 Cover by Dave Wilkins

I Am Batman #0 Cover by Derrick Chew

I Am Batman #0 Cover by Riccardo Federici

Extraordinary Member