Page 116 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3488

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Finished listening to it, Williamson is writing the 2022 event. He says Infinite Frontier is Act 1, then the fallout of that is Act 2, then the event in 2022 where all the plotlines come together is the Act 3 finale. I’m assuming his time as architect will be over then. Some other bits of info:
    -Bones has event fatigue and wants to make sure no more events screw with time and space lol
    -The Totality is a team meant to monitor the Multiverse for entities like Manhattan or Barbatos or anyone else who messes with continuity
    -Williamson doesn’t want to do another 100 issue run so expect his books to be shorter
    -Barry will have a big role to play in upcoming stuff
    -Infinite Frontier is meant to be on the quieter side, especially compared to the Metals
    -Infinite Frontier will explore how the civilians feel about all these massive events that have happened
    -Aquaman will probably get a new book whenever the new movie comes out (shocker)
    -He thinks the era of dumping on the Titans is over, but there will still be drama and dark stories with them
    -So far the Discovery news hasn’t changed anything in regards to DC’s plans
    -Darkseid is making moves behind the scenes so if you notice any inconsistencies, those are deliberate. One example I can think of was Hera died at the end of IF #0 but she’s alive in Wonder Girl. Darkseid reviving her as a double agent perhaps?
    There’s more but that’s what I remember.
    Mr. Bones isn't the only one with event fatigue lol.

Barbatos is messing with continuity now? Boy am I glad that I skipped everything Metal related.

Mighty Member

Finished listening to it, Williamson is writing the 2022 event. He says Infinite Frontier is Act 1, then the fallout of that is Act 2, then the event in 2022 where all the plotlines come together is the Act 3 finale. I’m assuming his time as architect will be over then. Some other bits of info:
    -Bones has event fatigue and wants to make sure no more events screw with time and space lol
    -The Totality is a team meant to monitor the Multiverse for entities like Manhattan or Barbatos or anyone else who messes with continuity
    -Williamson doesn’t want to do another 100 issue run so expect his books to be shorter
    -Infinite Frontier is meant to be on the quieter side, especially compared to the Metals
    -Infinite Frontier will explore how the civilians feel about all these massive events that have happened
    -Aquaman will probably get a new book whenever the new movie comes out (shocker)
    -He thinks the era of dumping on the Titans is over, but there will still be drama and dark stories with them
    -Darkseid is making moves behind the scenes so if you notice any inconsistencies, those are deliberate. One example I can think of was Hera died at the end of IF #0 but she’s alive in Wonder Girl. Darkseid reviving her as a double agent perhaps?
    So what the future hold for the JSA? Is there any chance we will get a book before the movies Black Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    So what the future hold for the JSA? Is there any chance we will get a book before the movies Black Adam.
    I really doubt they'll ever publish a JSA book and will keep putting fake promises about their return.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Thanks for writing that up. Interesting stuff. So the crisis bleeding cool talked about is most likely act 3.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Nothing about a JSA book, but Jade & Obsidian were in the last Secret Files issue, Alan will be in IF (the mini), and Williamson did say they want to explore how Jay and the other JSA members feel about Alan coming out. He said Jay probably knew, but he and Tynion didn’t want to just have Jay say a throwaway line of “oh yeah I always knew”, so they’re clearly planning to focus on the team in some capacity soon.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I can relate to Bones' event fatigue.

I can also see how doing such a long run on The Flash would drive Williamson to want a break, although that makes me wonder how long he plans for Robin to be.

Focusing on the civilians sounds like a really refreshing story.

I can't think they're going to wait that long to give Aquaman a book, even if that's a reasonable expectation.

I mean, I'm fine with drama and darkness (balanced with light) for the Titans so long as the JL isn't putting them in time-out or their members are used for event fodder.

Mighty Member

doomsd18.jpg

That's what I am refer for the JSA line-ups.

Astonishing Member

Not sure what lineup they will use for the JSA. And who are the members in WW2. Things can be diffrent from previous versions.

Honestly, the World War II lineup is obvious. Same as post-Crisis, except that now Wonder Woman was there (as they did re-establish that she's been active since World War II). So the rest of the roster would be Spectre, Doctor Fate, Flash, Green Lantern, Wildcat, Sandman, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Atom, Hourman, Doctor Mid-Nite.

The only one that's a problem is Black Canary. Dinah Laurel Lance, the current one, is supposed to be the daughter of the World War II one, Dinah Drake Lance. That's no longer possible (current Dinah is supposed to be in her 30s, but that would mean her Mom would have to be over 60 when she was born). They'd need to either explain that Dinah Drake was actually current Dinah's grandmother, explain that current Dinah got time displaced and actually WAS the golden age version (that's how they're explaining Green Arrow and Speedy on the Seven Soldiers of Victory, in the Stargirl one-shot), or just remove her from the classic JSA, which would have the side effect of removing current Dinah's motivation for joining the 90s team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Honestly, the World War II lineup is obvious. Same as post-Crisis, except that now Wonder Woman was there (as they did re-establish that she's been active since World War II). So the rest of the roster would be Spectre, Doctor Fate, Flash, Green Lantern, Wildcat, Sandman, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Atom, Hourman, Doctor Mid-Nite.

The only one that's a problem is Black Canary. Dinah Laurel Lance, the current one, is supposed to be the daughter of the World War II one, Dinah Drake Lance. That's no longer possible (current Dinah is supposed to be in her 30s, but that would mean her Mom would have to be over 60 when she was born). They'd need to either explain that Dinah Drake was actually current Dinah's grandmother, explain that current Dinah got time displaced and actually WAS the golden age version (that's how they're explaining Green Arrow and Speedy on the Seven Soldiers of Victory, in the Stargirl one-shot), or just remove her from the classic JSA, which would have the side effect of removing current Dinah's motivation for joining the 90s team.
    And don't forget Liberty Belle. After Death Metal we can see Libby alongside the rest of the JSA.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

We see a Golden Age Black Canary in one of the photos in the JSA headquarters in Infinite Frontier #0. So that indicates she existed and Dinah's background as a legacy her has been restored. Whether they played with her relation remains to be seen.

I think that through the Joshua podcast, the explanation of the disappearance of the members of the jsa is again being caused by the villain of the IF. He said that there is a negative force causing these facts and that everyone is beginning to realize. I think it will be a great explanation of their disappearance since doomsday clock because they would be kidnapped, I think.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    I think that through the Joshua podcast, the explanation of the disappearance of the members of the jsa is again being caused by the villain of the IF. He said that there is a negative force causing these facts and that everyone is beginning to realize. I think it will be a great explanation of their disappearance since doomsday clock because they would be kidnapped, I think.
    I'm just hoping this is a more straight forward kidnapping plot, and not an erased from and need to be brought into existence plot. We don't need a complete do over from Doomsday Clock.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    Wasn't he just talking about Darkseid?