Page 119 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3488
    Extraordinary Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPQa1--hUYr/

#Hera! The #QueenoftheGods, wearing a bodice of lapis and crystal adorned in #butterflies, offering a glass of wine, and some curt words, to...?

(Also, a hint of her crown!)

One of the rules @kellysued and I had for Hera was that “more is more” for the Queen; she would never wear the same garment twice. Which basically meant I got to design a new costume for her for every scene she’s in. Very fun! #Couturefashion and #nature were huge inspirations for my designs for the gods (as well as regional takes on these mythic characters from Libya to Western Asia), so many may appear quite different than their previous DCU incarnations.

I know, I know — I’ve been working on this project and teasing it out for *years* — but as we near the finish line, just in time for #WonderWoman’s #80th anniversary, I’ll be sharing more and more — so you can get a sense of the scope of this mystery project I’ve been teasing all this time. I haven’t been this inspired by a project in 20 years, and I have been giving it my all, as you’ll see! (This is what working with Kelly Sue and the #Amazons does to a person). In the meantime, enjoy — and keep your #fingerscrossed ����for a late fall release. #Historia #GN #BlackLabel #procreateapp #digitalart #Olympiangods @dccomics

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/vari...er-miracle-dc/

More at link. Quite a few people are going to be mad, but if it upsets you, this is why you guys shouldn’t hate on Shilo getting a Mister Miracle mini.
    I feel like Scott and Barda's story would make for great YA story but making him black (when Shiloh exists) and making Apokolips a high school setting seems so...weird.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Because it's completely unnecessary. I don't think "mad" is the right word at all, more like it feels like yet another missed opportunity. If you want to introduce the character to a new audience, you have an actual black Mister Miracle character who's currently getting some push anyway, instead of raceswapping the previous version just because he happens to be more prominent. Mister Miracle is B list character regardless of who happens to be behind the mask anyway, so it just makes it even more baffling. It's like making Ted Kord Latino instead of using Jaime.
    In other news - comic book publishers remain tone-deaf and oblivious!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Jimenez = G.O.A.T

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Oh I’m sure Aquaman’s fans are going to be happy about that....but hey it’s Tim Seeley with a character I kind of like thanks to Harley Quinn so let’s see what happens.
    They would be happy when they get an ongoing

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    They would be happy when they get an ongoing
    Pretty sure they were being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Scott and Barda's story would make for great YA story but making him black (when Shiloh exists) and making Apokolips a high school setting seems so...weird.
    But it's not apokolips, it's "apokalips!" See the difference? And they have high schools on barren hellscapes?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Pretty sure they were being sarcastic.
    Bit of both honestly, I meant it as a joke but I also know there will be some people who respond that way.

Either way interested to see Seeley get more work, I honestly wasn’t sure if he was still working for DC given how I don’t think he was on anything until now.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    But it's not apokolips, it's "apokalips!" See the difference? And they have high schools on barren hellscapes?
    I’m sure there are plenty of people who would compare high school to a hellish landscape
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Bit of both honestly, I meant it as a joke but I also know there will be some people who respond that way.

Either way interested to see Seeley get more work, I honestly wasn’t sure if he was still working for DC given how I don’t think he was on anything until now.

I’m sure there are plenty of people who would compare high school to a hellish landscape
    understand that its a little frustrating at the very least but not referring to your joke

Oh I’m sure Aquaman’s fans are going to be happy about that....but hey it’s Tim Seeley with a character I kind of like thanks to Harley Quinn so let’s see what happens.
    Please, take into account King Shark's time as an Atlantis mob boss... please !

Dang it. DC's stealing my money now... I want it !

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Please, take into account King Shark's time as an Atlantis mob boss... please !
    I wonder if he'll say "King Shark is a shark!"

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    understand that its a little frustrating at the very least but not referring to your joke
    Oh I get it, such as other people I’m still waiting for a JSA book. But I can’t control anything besides my spending so I make jokes as I’d rather have fun then be upset.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-24-2021 at 12:24 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Oh I get it, such as other people I’m still waiting for a JSA book. But I can’t control anything besides my spending so I make jokes as I’d rather have fun then be upset.
    I know what you mean, it sucks passing by a comic shop knowing that your favorite characters have no ongoing, so you don't even enter the shop.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    But this seems like an out-of-continuity, Elseworlds type story for the YA audience so...why should anyone be mad?
    Because you already have a black Mr Miracle. Who has been that since 1991 in Shilo.

We got a Shilo mini and if this was him-that would have been more exposure for Shilo.

It would be like making Peter Parker black and Miles Morales is right there.

So what happens when this book is a top seller and folks go looking for more and see a white Scott Free?

This is not brand expanding-this is doing the same mess that get folks riled up.

This says Dc has NOT learned anything. Same with that Damian book-why can't that be Duke instead of a black Harold?

So williamson just did a big thread about Infinite Frontier on twitter but his discussion broke down like this.

1. He want's Infinite Frontier to be like 52 and Countdown to Infinite Crisis, a slow character focused series of story that will all connect by the end. A grounded multiverse mystery as he describes
    2. Infinite Frontier is Act One for the big plans being setup next year
    3. New Mystery character called X-tract, apparently a multiverse bounty hunter who is hunting those who do not belong on the main earth.
    4. Secret Files was to get people caught up on characters who people are not aware of or haven't been seen in a while
    Words to live by.