Page 124 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3488

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    I was being ironic
    with all projects he is working on, probably his contract was renewed. He is still although not totally committed at writing comics only, the one that pulls big sales.
    Ehhh I don’t know. Geiger sells really well but how much of that is also Gary Frank’s art? Make no mistake, all the Twitter drama means sweet **** all, the majority of those people don’t buy comics anyway which is why DC is still giving Johns work. But his Shazam didn’t sell very well at all, certainly not what he used to. He can’t keep doing TV and comics, the delays are killing his work, and if he screws up relaunching the JSA because he was too busy working with Berlanti, that’s not going to help him or the JSA. We’ll see what happens but I’m predicting the sales for a Johns JSA aren’t going to be what they were.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ehhh I don’t know. Geiger sells really well but how much of that is also Gary Frank’s art? Make no mistake, all the Twitter drama means sweet **** all, the majority of those people don’t buy comics anyway which is why DC is still giving Johns work. But his Shazam didn’t sell very well at all, certainly not what he used to. He can’t keep doing TV and comics, the delays are killing his work, and if he screws up relaunching the JSA because he was too busy working with Berlanti, that’s not going to help him or the JSA. We’ll see what happens but I’m predicting the sales for a Johns JSA aren’t going to be what they were.
    Yeah Shazam didn't do well too much delays, but Three Jokers was a massive hit the best by far selling book DC had, which no DC writer came even close last year. But I agree he can't keep doing TV and comics.

However I still believe he is the best they have, but as we said, he ain't totally committed to comics. The issue is not Johns, but that there is no real substitute to him after all these years.

But wasn't Johns supposed to be fired from DC?
    He was demoted lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    He was demoted lmao.
    with all projects he is on, call that a demotion.

Infinite Frontier #4 stars President Superman and Flashpoint Batman. Issue #5 stars Arsenal and Jade.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/roy-harpe...nite-frontier/

Five annuals announced. Batman/Superman, Suicide Squad, Midnighter, Harley Quinn and Green Lantern... or should that be Yellow Lantern, as Jessica has a new colour!
    https://www.gamesradar.com/jessica-c...-five-annuals/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Infinite Frontier #4 stars President Superman and Flashpoint Batman. Issue #5 stars Arsenal and Jade.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/roy-harpe...nite-frontier/

Five annuals announced. Batman/Superman, Suicide Squad, Midnighter, Harley Quinn and Green Lantern... or should that be Yellow Lantern, as Jessica has a new colour!
    https://www.gamesradar.com/jessica-c...-five-annuals/
    Jessica as a yellow lantren was teasd in future state, surprised it's actulally being followed up on in continuity.

So Jessica going undercover in the Sinestro Corps.?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, this is the kind of race-bending that just seems really disingenuous to me. Especially when there's another character in the actual mythos who has the same race you're racebending the lead into.
    Agreed.

It's like turning Hal Jordan into a black character when John Stewart is right there.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, this is the kind of race-bending that just seems really disingenuous to me. Especially when there's another character in the actual mythos who has the same race you're racebending the lead into.
    It's probably worse than we even think. I could see the person who came up with the idea salivating at the thought of black Scott Free in chains, being a slave for Granny Goodness, before finally escaping. "12 Issues A Slave, I'm a genius writer!!!"

Yeah Shazam didn't do well too much delays, but Three Jokers was a massive hit the best by far selling book DC had, which no DC writer came even close last year. But I agree he can't keep doing TV and comics.

However I still believe he is the best they have, but as we said, he ain't totally committed to comics. The issue is not Johns, but that there is no real substitute to him after all these years.
    Three Jokers was three issues long and took two years to finish. The only difference was that they waited to release it until the whole thing was in the can. It was teased in New 52 JL and teased hard in Rebirth Specially as coming soon. Now that I think of it, it might have even taken 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    It's probably worse than we even think. I could see the person who came up with the idea salivating at the thought of black Scott Free in chains, being a slave for Granny Goodness, before finally escaping. "12 Issues A Slave, I'm a genius writer!!!"
    Well, I don't think they'll go that far...

Fascinating that you now don't even need an ongoing to get an annual.

As for JSA, are we sure that this was DC not wanting to do with them and not Johns taking personal control of it? We saw it already with Shazam and CSA members that he introduced in Forever Evil. Funny how nothing is done with these characters till Johns eventually decides to do a story about them.

You mean Midnighter? That annual is the conclusion to his story from Action Comics. So, he's not the main feature, but he was in an ongoing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    It's not like we haven't seen SHilo in chains for a stunt before.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Fascinating that you now don't even need an ongoing to get an annual.

As for JSA, are we sure that this was DC not wanting to do with them and not Johns taking personal control of it? We saw it already with Shazam and CSA members that he introduced in Forever Evil. Funny how nothing is done with these characters till Johns eventually decides to do a story about them.
    I think in this instance was just that DC wanted a name to re-introduce a recognizable version of the JSA for the modern era, and it was probably going to be Johns-esque anyways, so they just went back to him.