Page 125 of 233 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3488
    Extraordinary Member

This September, DC takes Batman’s war on crime worldwide in a new hardcover anthology, Batman: The World. This 184-page book is a first-of-its-kind publishing event, featuring Batman stories by top creative teams from across the globe, taking place in their home countries. Batman: The World launches worldwide on Tuesday, September 14, 2021—just in time for Batman Day 2021 (Saturday, September 18, 2021). The complete anthology will be localized to the following international territories: North America, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, the Czech Republic, Russia, Poland, Turkey, Mexico, Brazil, China, Korea, and Japan.

“Batman has grown into a true pop culture icon, known the world over,” said DC publisher and chief creative officer Jim Lee. “Batman: The World is DC’s way of showing fans everywhere that Batman is more than a character; Batman is a phenomenon that transcends languages and borders.”

Kicking off the anthology is a story from the award-winning duo of writer Brian Azzarello and artist Lee Bermejo (Batman: Damned, Joker, Lex Luthor: Man of Steel, Batman/Deathblow). In the story titled “Global City,” Batman reflects on his time in Gotham, protecting his city and its inhabitants from all manner of threats. But when he looks beyond the bridges, alleys, and skyscrapers, the Dark Knight realizes that the call for justice knows no borders, as there are wrongs to be righted everywhere. Their story sets off a series of tales chronicling Batman’s past and present, stories told by some of the best-known international voices in comics:

Mathieu Gabella (writer)/Thierry Martin (artist) – France

Paco Roca (writer/artist) – Spain

Alessandro Bilotta (writer)/Nicola Mari (artist) – Italy

Benjamin von Eckartsberg (writer)/Thomas von Kummant (artist) – Germany

Stepan Kopriva (writer)/Michal Suchánek (artist) – Czech Republic

Tomasz Kolodziejczak (writer)/Piotr Kowalski, Brad Simpson (artists) – Poland

Ertan Ergil (writer)/Ethem Onur Bilgiç (artist) – Turkey

Alberto Chimal (writer)/Rulo Valdés (artist) – Mexico

Carlos Estefan (writer)/Pedro Mauro (Artist) – Brazil

Inpyo Jeon (writer)/Jae-kwang Park, Kim Jung Gi (artists) – Korea)

Xu Xiaodong, Lu Xiaotong (writers)/Qiu Kun, Yi Nan (artists) – China

Kirill Kutuzov, Egor Prutov (writers)/Natalia Zaidova (artist) – Russia

Okadaya Yuichi (writer/artist) - Japan

Each international version of Batman: The World will also feature its own unique cover art by the local creative team. International publishing and distribution partners include Urban Comics (France), ECC Ediciones (Spain), Panini (Italy, Brazil, Germany), CREW (Czech Republic), Azbooka-Atticus (Russia), Egmont Polska (Poland), JBC (Turkey), Editorial Televisa (Mexico, Central America), Sigongsa (Korea), Starfish Media (China), and Shopro (Japan).
    Last edited by Hypo; 05-26-2021 at 08:08 AM.

Incredible Member

More Batman, after your extra helping of Joker!

Although this is a pretty neat idea so I don't mind at all.

I don't think we need another Bat-Book, but the premise is really interesting.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think we need another Bat-Book, but the premise is really interesting.
    We don't but the fact they are giving creators all over the world a shot to do Batman gives this a pass. This is something I think should be offered for other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    We don't but the fact they are giving creators all over the world a shot to do Batman gives this a pass. This is something I think should be offered for other characters.
    I agree! I’m interested in seeing more global perspectives on these icons, after all DC and Marvel are beloved worldwide.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I agree! I’m interested in seeing more global perspectives on these icons, after all DC and Marvel are beloved worldwide.
    We do get the occasional manga adaptions...

Agreed on all counts, these characters have great following outside the USA, much more than we can imagine. If DC takes care of that fandom they could make up for the decline of comics in the USA.

https://twitter.com/MitchGerads/stat...62912043360257

Looks like Flashpoint Batman is going to be a big part of current dc stories...well if he can survive Darkseid that is.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

100%

I'll bitch about Pennyworth, but this is genuinely a great idea that should extend to Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman and Ha... Harrll.... HArleeeeyqun... HARLEY QUINN. Eee-yuck!

Christ. That last one took a lot out of me. I need to sit down.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

I'm perfectly fine with excluding her from your list. Unless they can show me one single Earth in the entire omniverse on which she hasn't already been overexposed to the point of needing a Crisis to reset said overexposure... then they're welcome to publish it there.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Oh hey....it’s Extant. Last I saw him was Atomsmasher putting him on a plane in JSA. Anyway this is from Infinite Frontier.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Oh hey....it’s Extant. Last I saw him was Atomsmasher putting him on a plane in JSA. Anyway this is from Infinite Frontier.

Where's this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Where's this from?
    Sorry for the late edit, it’s from Infinite Frontier #1. Williamson posted it on Twitter.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-27-2021 at 06:26 PM.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Is he suppose to be X-tract?
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe X-tract will be revealed to be . . . Hank Hall!