Page 130 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 3488

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    With Son of Kal-El being solicited at $3.99, I'm hoping it means there's no back up at all. Or conversely, stick a back up there and let Action be the cheaper title.

Basically I'm trying to save a buck.
    That was an error. The back up from the current Superman run continues into Son of Kal-El.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Speaking of back-up features, since some are wondering if Jstice League Dark could be wrapping up its stint in the back of Bendis' Justice League sometime in the not too distant future, does anybody think maybe that Justice Society story teased in Stargirl Spring Break Special could be intended as just a back-up feature in Justice League in the future?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Speaking of back-up features, since some are wondering if Jstice League Dark could be wrapping up its stint in the back of Bendis' Justice League sometime in the not too distant future, does anybody think maybe that Justice Society story teased in Stargirl Spring Break Special could be intended as just a back-up feature in Justice League in the future?
    Is all this speculation that JLD will be wrapping up due to Ram V being the co-writer on Venom? I would think it would make more sense to swap Venom in for The Many Deaths of Laila Starr, his 5 issue mini series from Boom, which is wrapping up in August.

I think we still have a decent amount of JLD left, Bendis said he was planning on doing a JL/JLD crossover with Ram V between the main story and the back up after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Is all this speculation that JLD will be wrapping up due to Ram V being the co-writer on Venom?
    I thought there was suppose to be a JLDark Annual or something coming in a few months? I don't follow it, so I don't really know.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That was an error. The back up from the current Superman run continues into Son of Kal-El.
    Great... :/
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I thought there was suppose to be a JLDark Annual or something coming in a few months? I don't follow it, so I don't really know.
    That was speculation based on the fact that the Midnighter back-up is going to conclude in an upcoming annual.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

No annual as of yet but a crossover is confirmed with Justice League as previously stated by Hypo.

Bendis said in an interview last month or so that he’s going to use that lord of chaos that he created in his Superman run as the villain in a justice league/justice league dark singular comic crossover (I don’t know what we call a main story crossing over with its backup)
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-04-2021 at 03:37 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

If JSA's going to be a backup, it makes sense to simply use it in Stargirl's own book. She is on the team after all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Great... :/
    Right? Nothing more on-brand for Superman than... Midnighter? Oh BROTHER.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Right? Nothing more on-brand for Superman than... Midnighter? Oh BROTHER.
    I could even get behind a completely unrelated back up feature if it was, ya know... any good.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Spectacular Member

If JSA's going to be a backup, it makes sense to simply use it in Stargirl's own book. She is on the team after all.
    Has Stargirl been confirmed to be getting a book? Wouldn't it make more sense to give JSA the book and then have Stargirl as the backup?

Stargirl is in that Seven Soldiers one shot. AFAIK, there is no word on a Stargirl ongoing or even as a back up title. Stargirl at least has a show so it makes sense to give her a book.

The JSA needs a slow burn build up to an ongoing. I think dropping one out of the blue will just cause it to sink. James Robinson's Starman paved the way for the 1999 JSA ongoing. Maybe Courtney will pave the way for the JSA of the new 20's.

Spectacular Member

You sure? The solicitations Julys and Augusts Son of Kal-El are $3.99 and don't mention a backup

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Stargirl is in that Seven Soldiers one shot.
    Funny, I thought it was that the Seven Soldiers were in that Stargirl Spring Break Special one-shot.

I didn't know the Seven Soldiers of Victory had their own one-shot special.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Stargirl is in that Seven Soldiers one shot. AFAIK, there is no word on a Stargirl ongoing or even as a back up title. Stargirl at least has a show so it makes sense to give her a book.

The JSA needs a slow burn build up to an ongoing. I think dropping one out of the blue will just cause it to sink. James Robinson's Starman paved the way for the 1999 JSA ongoing. Maybe Courtney will pave the way for the JSA of the new 20's.
    It ends with “to be continued in Stargirl #1.”