Page 143 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 3488

Human Target makes so much more sense.

Is the premise going to be Christopher Chance posing as other heroes?

Extraordinary Member
    Last edited by Hypo; 07-09-2021 at 02:17 PM.

What the???

WHat is going to do Tom King with the Justice League International?
    It is going to be a comical take on the Human Target?
    Is he going to darken the JLI character? Make a more grimm take on that era?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    What the???

Maybe it's set in the JLI era?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Don't think so - there was a tv series on Fox about a decade ago, DC published a tie-in comic at the time. Prior to that there was a few Vertigo miniseries by Peter Milligan in the 2000s I think.
    From another thread, a note about an even earlier TV series:
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

cover to Human Target Special #1 (November 1991), when Rick Springfield would be starring in an ABC television series based on the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    What the???

It will probably be a brighter take but not full blown comedy, King has said this new “era” of writing from him that started with Supergirl will be much lighter.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It will probably be a brighter take but not full blown comedy, King has said this new “era” of writing from him that started with Supergirl will be much lighter.
    I kinda get it after reading Up in the Sky but it's still hard for me to believe .

Although I guess from an emotional standpoint, I think it might be good for him.

I'm glad they're making more Black Label books that aren't Batman, Joker and Harley Quinn.
    I hope King respects our JLI, thought. I'm a bit worried about him touching one of my favorite teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm glad they're making more Black Label books that aren't Batman, Joker and Harley Quinn.
    I hope King respects our JLI, thought. I'm a bit worried about him touching one of my favorite teams.
    Do we even know if the JLI are involved with this beyond a mere cover appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Do we even know if the JLI are involved with this beyond a mere cover appearance?

Why would they be on the cover if they weren't? The artist would have included a more generic group if it was meant to be a random assortment of heroes.

Astonishing Member

its black Label, doesnt have to be in canon and can feature JLI never disbanding on that world.

Yeah we don’t even know if it’s taking place in the mainline, it being BL means it can do it’s own thing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Why would they be on the cover if they weren't?
    Wait a minute.

Are you saying everything DC does is logical and makes sense?

That every non-variant cover DC publishes will always reflect what happens within the comic book?

Ultimate Member

Why would they be on the cover if they weren't? The artist would have included a more generic group if it was meant to be a random assortment of heroes.
    You must not read Archie books-they have made that an art tossing folks on covers who don't appear in the books.

And being on the cover does not mean you do anything-see Hotspot in Sideways #4.

How many times have we seen Batman books do that?

Extraordinary Member

Four-Issue DC Black Label Series Debuts October 19, 2021

As both a writer and an artist, Cliff Chiang has left an indelible mark on the DC Universe, from his celebrated work with Brian Azzarello on Wonder Woman to Zatanna, Green Arrow and Black Canary, and Batman Black & White, among others. His next great DC series, Catwoman: Lonely City, arrives in comic book stores and on participating digital platforms on October 19, spotlighting Selina Kyle in a world with no Batman to protect it.

Ten years ago, the massacre known as Fools’ Night claimed the lives of Batman, The Joker, Nightwing, and Commissioner Gordon…and sent Selina Kyle, the Catwoman, to prison. A decade later, Gotham has grown up—it’s put away costumed heroism and villainy as childish things. The new Gotham is cleaner, safer…and a lot less free, under the watchful eye of Mayor Harvey Dent and his Batcops. It’s into this new city that Selina Kyle returns, a changed woman…with her mind on that one last big score: the secrets hidden inside the Batcave! She doesn’t need the money—she just needs to know…who is “Orpheus?”

Chiang writes, draws, colors, and letters each of the four 48-page, Prestige Plus format issues that make up this DC Black Label series; Catwoman: Lonely City is poised to be the kind of next-level storytelling that will change the way that fans see Gotham City, its heroes, and its villains forever.

Catwoman: Lonely City #1 (of 4)
    Story by CLIFF CHIANG
    Main cover by CLIFF CHIANG
    Variant cover by CLIFF CHIANG
    1-in-25 “ratio” variant cover by JOCK
    On sale Tuesday, October 19, 2021
    Last edited by Hypo; 07-12-2021 at 09:23 AM.