Page 150 of 233 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 3488

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's a funny question given DC's recent track record, but when are the solicits coming out.
    Well if the chaos of the multiverse doesn’t once again throw dc off schedule it might be tomorrow given all the announcements this week.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It's a funny question given DC's recent track record, but when are the solicits coming out.
    It should be tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I might have dyslexia, i didn't see the miniseries word in the description. My bad.
    Because it's not there, and "ongoing" is.
    The world will know her name! Follow the ongoing adventures of Nubia
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because it's not there, and "ongoing" is.
    Keep reading:
    The world will know her name! Follow the ongoing adventures of Nubia with this unforgettable miniseries written by Vita Ayala and Stephanie Williams with art from all-star artist Alitha Martinez (Future State)
    Last edited by Hypo; 07-15-2021 at 06:56 AM.

Cover just says 1, not 1 of however many issues it is. That should just say series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cover just says 1, not 1 of however many issues it is. That should just say series.
    That's what i thought too. And newsarama claims it's a ongoing book.

"Nubia claims the DC Amazon throne AND a new ongoing comic book series"

Who knows, but judging by the cover it should be a ongoing.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I really feel like Nubia and Hippolyta should be replaced right now.

Looks like her book will be reintroducing her to people better than the one-shot did, as well as maybe tie-in to the Doom's Doorway stuff that I think the current WW run is dealing with in backups?

heads.jpg

Ok more from Hill

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I hope the Young Diana trade means they're done with those back-ups in the monthly; I'm not against YA material, but those are practically written for children. I'd rather see another supporting character (Artemis, please!) get the back-up slot.

Or better yet, drop them altogether and charge $3.99 again.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I hope the Young Diana trade means they're done with those back-ups in the monthly; I'm not against YA material, but those are practically written for children. I'd rather see another supporting character (Artemis, please!) get the back-up slot.

Or better yet, drop them altogether and charge $3.99 again.
    I disagree. Those back-ups are usually pretty fun, even if they do seem like a good fit for a more YA-oriented book.
    I do hope that when the back-ups are over, we get some Donna and Cassie material, thought.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I disagree. Those back-ups are usually pretty fun, even if they do seem like a good fit for a more YA-oriented book.
    I do hope that when the back-ups are over, we get some Donna and Cassie material, thought.
    I'd gladly take some Donna and/or Cassie as well!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Bryan Hitch talking about sales of his and Venditti's Hawkman run

"It's a shame my Hawkman run with @robertvenditti didn't sell as well as we would have liked. I (and the writers I work with) can provide damn good comics but it's up to publishers to sell them not creators. And here I think we were let down." https://twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/st...24471537815553

"Hawkman launched in a week sandwiched between the launch of Bendis' Superman and Snyder's Justice League. I think we got an announcement but no pushes or fanfares and of course, all the attention in stores and buyers went to those two launches which had huge initiatives." https://twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/st...24891081396226

"I think @robertvenditti and I held up our end of the creative bargain and gave DC a damn good comic. It was DC's job to interest anyone and everyone to buy it. They didn't, unfortunately." https://twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/st...25810015727621

You can tell Bryan Hitch was completely furstrated and angry at the management of DC and the marketing team did nothing at pushing the titles all over the social media. It was clear that they basically seem to think that a lot of titles are dead in the water before they're launched so they don't put the work into marketing them.

No lies detected from Hitch. This company's management, especially when it comes to advertising, is completely out of whack. They had Grant Morrison on Green Lantern for 2 years and they never promoted that either. The Hawkman run was great.

No lies detected from Hitch. This company's management, especially when it comes to advertising, is completely out of whack. They had Grant Morrison on Green Lantern for 2 years and they never promoted that either. The Hawkman run was great.
    That seems like a Big Two problem in general.

I ignored entire thing because it focused on Carter/reincarnation and Venditti was writing it. No additional marketing would have changed anything for me.

Could DC done a better job in general launching that title? Probably, but I don't think that it would have really changed anything long term. It featured a mid-tier character who has a split fanbase and was written by a writer who had more misses than hits and isn't very, if at all, popular.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I ignored entire thing because it focused on Carter/reincarnation and Venditti was writing it. No additional marketing would have changed anything for me.

Could DC done a better job in general launching that title? Probably, but I don't think that it would have really changed anything long term. It featured a mid-tier character who has a split fanbase and was written by a writer who had more misses than hits and isn't very, if at all, popular.
    I liked it but yeah HssH bluntly sums up how DC probably saw it. Venditti isn’t a big name who can get people to check out Hawkman just because he’s on it, Carter isn’t a very popular character and has a sales ceiling that ads alone are unlikely to punch through, and Hitch was only on for 12 issues.

Hell I’m not even sure how much “big names” even matter anymore these days at DC at least. Outside of Tynion (who is on Batman the biggest book in the industry) nobody seems to be able to make small books sell like Johns used to be able to do. Tom Taylor’s Suicide Squad was a commercial flop. Johns Shazam fell off pretty quickly. Morrison on GL didn’t light up the charts. Williamson’s Infinite Frontier mini doesn’t seem to be really moving a lot of copies despite it being the equivalent to the old Rebirth one shot for this new era.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/