Page 151 of 233 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3488

I think King has kinda developed a cult following since Strange Adventures #10 was, if I'm not mistaken, ranked 50th in May's combined charts. I don't think that another writer would have sold as much with writing out of continuity story about Adam Strange.

As for Hitch, I think that lots of people have developed "this hot artists is only here for 3 issues" scepticism. If this artist is on something like Batman or Justice League? Okay, maybe he is staying for a while, but Hawkman? I suspect that some people were surprised that he stayed for 12 issues.

Astonishing Member

With all due respect to Hitch and Venditty, their Hawmkan was incredible, but it's pretty naive to assume that Hawkman would sell way better, even if DC would do their promotion work right. For one simple reason - basically everything, besides Bat-family, Justice League, events and Black Label titles sells like ****. Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash currently sell worse than Nightwing and Robin, lol. And Hawkman isn't top-character level, Vendiity and Hitch names aren't big enough. So, what did he expect? Their situation is not so bad, the series lasted until the end.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 07-16-2021 at 03:10 AM.

Mighty Member

I swear too many fans are being brainswashed by Batman.Even the higher up of DC are worshiping Batman as their gods. We need to promote other DC books to the people before it's too late!!

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think King has kinda developed a cult following since Strange Adventures #10 was, if I'm not mistaken, ranked 50th in May's combined charts. I don't think that another writer would have sold as much with writing out of continuity story about Adam Strange.

As for Hitch, I think that lots of people have developed "this hot artists is only here for 3 issues" scepticism. If this artist is on something like Batman or Justice League? Okay, maybe he is staying for a while, but Hawkman? I suspect that some people were surprised that he stayed for 12 issues.
    Yeah King seems to be an exception. For all the hate he gets for being transgressive, that same transgressiveness has built him an audience that follows the Tom King “brand” of storytelling. But his Supergirl didn’t chart so even that has its limits.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think if you are THE writer on Batman your other works will get pushed a fair amount as well. I think that is just how it goes. The industry will start throwing awards and promotion at you because they want to build you up as a big writer. Since it helps the industry. That happened with Snyder at the start of the New 52 where his Swamp Thing series became a big hit as his Batman series was doing extremely well, but once you are off Batman your other works start to sell less because you aren't getting that big push anymore. Focus shifted to the new Batman writer. So it will be interesting to see how King's stuff sells several more years removed from Batman. Like I still look at Morrison as a BIG writer, but actual sales wise he hasn't been one for a long time after he left Batman.

Would it be weird that I hope that DC vs Vampires is actually a multiverse story involving I believe Earth-43 and it’s vampire inhabitants attacking a similar to main earth world?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"Meet these Arkhamites: a woman with no face, a pyggy in search of perfection, a man who feels nothing and burns everything, a woman who must devour life to save herself, a man unfit for the waking world who looks instead for Wonderland, a body with more than one soul, a being unbound from time who lives in the present and the past, a boy who seeks the comfort of vermin, and the twisted man who sees them all for who they are."

So Jane Doe, Professor Pyg, Firefly, Mad Hatter, Two-Face, Calendar Man, Ratcatcher, and Jeremiah Arkham or Hugo Strange?

I'm leaning more towards Arkham since Strange makes up his own diagnosis and just miss stuffs sometimes while Jeremiah straight up no you're all monsters and I'm gonna cure you one way or another.

I don't know if it's Ratcatcher since it's a boy

The silhouette and variant cover confirms Pyg and Hatter. Don't know about everyone else.

I don't know the woman who devours life

Is checkmate ongoing now? It no longer has the little number thing it’s solicits indicating it a miniseries, no 5 of 6 or whatever.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

Glad Urban Legends is back to the present, sounds much more interesting than Augusts. Guess that confirms Truth & Justice is done.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Would it be weird that I hope that DC vs Vampires is actually a multiverse story involving I believe Earth-43 and it’s vampire inhabitants attacking a similar to main earth world?
    No, I had similar hopes as well, but reading the solicits it doesn't really sound like that? Unless they want it to be some big reveal couple of issues in.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    No, I had similar hopes as well, but reading the solicits it doesn't really sound like that? Unless they want it to be some big reveal couple of issues in.
    Yeah let’s wait and see, I don’t want to build up too many expectations and ruin it for myself. Plus Tynion’s supposedly putting a newsletter out soonish so we have to wait and see what he says.
    Words to live by.

I love Watters so I can’t even complain about this, I hope it sells well and he gets more DC work (preferably outside Gotham).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cover just says 1, not 1 of however many issues it is. That should just say series.
    Nope, it's a mini.

NUBIA & THE AMAZONS #1
    Story by Vita Ayala and Stephanie Williams
    Pencils by Alitha Martinez
    Inks by Mark Morales
    Cover by Alitha Martinez
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 of 6
    Variant by Maika Sozo
    1:25 Variant by Joshua Swaby
    $4.99 US (Card Stock)
    17+
    ON SALE 10/5/21

After the thrilling events of Infinite Frontier, Nubia becomes queen of Themyscira, but the new title also brings challenges. With the unexpected arrival of new Amazons, our hero is forced to reckon with her past and forge a new path forward for her sisters. Little does she know, a great evil grows beneath the island and it’s up to this former guardian of Doom’s Doorway to unite her tribe before paradise is lost forever!
    This unforgettable miniseries from writers Vita Ayala and Stephanie Williams, along with all-star artist Alitha Martinez (Future State) brings the fan-favorite character back to the DCU for good. After Nubia, the world of the Amazons will never be the same!