Page 17 of 233 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

If we all thought DC released too many Batman titles in the past few years, we haven't seen anything yet!

Mighty Member

Marvel: We have POWER PACK, US.AGENT, S.W.O.R.D , SHANG CHI, VALKYRIE, MAESTRO, BETA RAY BILL, DARKHAWK, BLACK KNIGHT, TASKMASTER and lastly ETERNAL !!!

DC: BATMAN, BATMAN, BATMAN, BATMAN, BATMAN, BATMAN, BATMAN

At this point, this make me I wanna to support Marvel more.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    In total, the Bat-family currently has: Batman, 'Tec, Joker, Robin, Nightwing (he's also starring in Titans), Catwoman, Urban Legends, Black and White, Next Batman and now Dark Knight. And there's a chance of books for Jason and Batgirls, and we don't know what's up with Tim.
    "Let's scale our line back!" "Okay!"

"Let's also do a bunch of new Batman books!" Okay!"

Astonishing Member

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...15/dcapril.htm
    Solicits. Nothing new, except Huntress and Ghost-Maker get their back-ups.
    If someone is interested, they're releasing Challenge of Super Sons in print, starting in April.

If someone is interested, they're releasing Challenge of Super Sons in print, starting in April.
    I wasn't expecting a RWBY/Justice League crossover.

Astonishing Member

That's underwhelming

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Marvel: We have POWER PACK, US.AGENT, S.W.O.R.D , SHANG CHI, VALKYRIE, MAESTRO, BETA RAY BILL, DARKHAWK, BLACK KNIGHT, TASKMASTER and lastly ETERNAL !!!

With the exception of S.W.O.R.D. and maybe Maestro, are any of those books going to outsell a Batman book? That’s all DC will care about. Not questioning quality of the other books, but it’s all about cold, hard cash sales.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post

Agreed and judging by solicits, my Marvel pull list grows.

Probably get Green Lantern (for Jo and Keli), Far Sector, Suicide Squad, Titans Academy and maybe Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    As for complaints about it being "another Batman book", well it is only a mini-/limited-series, and it may be an option for people who would like a Batman title but aren't thrilled with the regular Batman offerings.
    Yeah, I was not expecting another Batman book, but this looks like it will be "my Batman" this year.

So far my "looks good" list for post-Future State world: Batman/Superman, Nightwing, Robin, Batman: The Dark Knight. Probably first time ever that nothing outside Batman line looks interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wonder if we'll get to see some on the Batmen of All Nations / Batman Incorporated heroes show up in this?

As for complaints about it being "another Batman book", well it is only a mini-/limited-series, and it may be an option for people who would like a Batman title but aren't thrilled with the regular Batman offerings.
    so what about an option for fans of other characters? none.
    People would not complain about another batman book if there was a diverse selection of titles not bat related. Limited or mini makes no difference, DC is telling fans either you are a batman fan or else you can get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    People would not complain about another batman book if there was a diverse selection of titles not bat related. Limited or mini makes no difference, DC is telling fans either you are a batman fan or else you can get lost.
    I totally agree with this. DC never looked so dull before.

Green Lantern and Wonder Woman, the usual for me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    I think I am going to go with the following: Teen Titans Academy, Flash and Suicide Squad. My unavoidable Batman pickup is Superman/Batman. After that, I hope to eventually catch up with Superman, Action Comics, Wonder Woman, Justice League and Green Lantern in trades.

It is not the wide variety of stuff that came out with New 52 or DC You or New Age of Heroes, but it is not like I am having trouble finding books to try out either.

What exactly is it you are hoping to see? Do you really think that whatever it is, is actually not being published in March or April solely or even partially due to the Batman books solicited? The Batman books are the ones that are bringing in the money that allows DC to keep printing other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    With the exception of S.W.O.R.D. and maybe Maestro, are any of those books going to outsell a Batman book? That’s all DC will care about. Not questioning quality of the other books, but it’s all about cold, hard cash sales.
    When even Man-Bat can have a mini and not the JSA, I start to question if DC really know what will sell.
    They're sitting on many more reliable sellers like Aquaman, Shazam, JSA, Supergirl etc, so money isn't the only reason here.

Unfortunately DC has so thoroughly mishandled all their other properties for so long that the only consistent moneymaker for them these days is Batman, and they need consistent moneymakers right now. Don’t forget, another wave of layoffs is coming in March. There just aren’t enough editors to go around for smaller books these days.