Page 209 of 233 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3488

He's probably talking in-universe status. Popular Unpopular Character is a famous trope.

Listening to King’s Word Balloon interview, he mentions that seeing The Batman trailer pushed him to want to work harder on an upcoming DC project. Guessing it involves Batman in some way (shocker I know) but it seems to be a separate project from Human Target. He’s working with Jorge Fornes again as well post-Rorschach.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Russell is kind of an irreverent writer so it's probably safe not to take it too seriously.
    Russell does have a sense of irreverence, but he's usually very heavily into issues and relevance. I'm seeing this as more of an examination of heroes out of work and less as a DeMatteis/Giffen/Maguire JLI laugh riot. As far as continuity goes, he did a bang-up job in the Snagglepuss Chronicles with Snagglepuss' first cartoon. I'm a big Russell fan, so without seeing the book I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt. We'll see where opinions are after the first issue is published.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Listening to King’s Word Balloon interview, he mentions that seeing The Batman trailer pushed him to want to work harder on an upcoming DC project. Guessing it involves Batman in some way (shocker I know) but it seems to be a separate project from Human Target. He’s working with Jorge Fornes again as well post-Rorschach.
    Guessing it'll be back to edgy, psychological, thrillers then .

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ok...I didn't see that coming. But I'm totally interested. Hope they do justice to Mary.

So I guess this means that while Billy is in hell or whatever happens in Academy Mary is taking over for him? Well that’s cool, I like Mary and she should do more.

Plus Doc Shaner is a huge plus.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I...don't really know how to feel about this.

I mean, I love Mary, give her a book for sure, and she looks amazing here. But taking Billy out so she can take over leads a bad taste in my mouth. I guess on the plus side maybe they'll bring back that she's his biological sister again.

I'm glad they brought back the classic cape and aren't immediately going "pants" for her costume. Seems like her hair is shorter though?

Was Mary always old enough to go to college? I mean, Post-Crisis, sure but I can't keep these kids' ages straight. Feels like a movie thing.

I guess they did it with Freddy so now it's Mary's turn.

Extraordinary Member

I really hope they actually call her Mary Marvel. They’ve called her that on Earth 5 and Elseworlds but I don’t think they’ve used the name in main continuity.

Doc Shaner is awesome, he elevate every project he is part of.
    I liked this news a lot, but it's a shame that they gave Billy's mini to a upcoming writer instead of trying something with like this with him.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

I love the classic cape is back and that Mary still has a skirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really hope they actually call her Mary Marvel. They’ve called her that on Earth 5 and Elseworlds but I don’t think they’ve used the name in main continuity.
    I guess she's now just de-facto "Shazam."
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Doc Shaner is awesome, he elevate every project he is part of.
    I liked this news a lot, but it's a shame that they gave Billy's mini to a upcoming writer instead of trying something with like this with him.
    I'm guessing Billy will be back by the time of the next movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah, I can see why Billy can't go by his real name anymore but I always wished Mary kept hers.

Or “Mighty Mary” that was probably my favorite fan created name for her.

People will still call her Mary Marvel .