Page 21 of 233 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Have you tried Catwoman since Ram V took over as regular writer? I agree, the previous run was incredibly paint-by-numbers, and the best issues were V's fill-ins. Now that he's had some time to worldbuild on his own, I feel like the book's gotten much better.
    I looked at it a bit, I guess Joker War just turned me off from the entire Batline. I am kind of exhausted by Joker and the Batman who Laughs. As soon as I see them on a book or involved in it, I just can't be bothered anymore. I guess we'll see how Catwoman does now that the Joker War stuff is finally over and her book can find it's own voice outside the event.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Shazam was delayed nonstop. People get tired of pre ordering and the book gets delayed nonstop. So what happens another book takes that slot for Shazam.
    Supergirl got derailed by BENDIS than some lost in space story and then Death Metal mess-so you lost your audience.

Some of that falls on DC.

Both Aquaman and Supergirl held long runs many times. Now they are shelved? At at time where the COMPETITION is not playing anymore. Now there are more choices and when you have FED up fans that are tired of seeing a company be ONE guy or can't trust the folks in charge. They go elsewhere.

Spawn might not be talked about much here but at least those readers don't have to worry about the writer getting chased off, harrassed or threatened off the book.
    Power Rangers are not butchering fan favorites because someone does not like Adam, Iesha and Rocky.

Those 3 could do better numbers than Man Bat and Teen Academy.

Man Bat being UNDER Batman is the ONLY reason he gets a spot on the shelves. Floppy and trade. Otherwise the usual suspects would be fit throwing now.
    I've never said the low sales don't fall on DC (although the current direct market is pretty hard for most comics). I just say these books have low sales, so DC doesn't want to invest on them.

Man-Bat is a mini-series. I guess they take a risk, but we won't see more about this if the sales are so low as you predict.

I don't know how much Titans Academy will sell, but if the sales fall to similar point that sales for Supergirl and Aquaman at the end of their runs, it will surely be canceled too.

PS: Even before Bendis, the floppies of Supergirl doesn't sell good (unless it has a popular variant cover). So, I wouldn't say Bendis is to blame so much for this
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-15-2021 at 02:56 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I looked at it a bit, I guess Joker War just turned me off from the entire Batline. I am kind of exhausted by Joker and the Batman who Laughs. As soon as I see them on a book or involved in it, I just can't be bothered anymore. I guess we'll see how Catwoman does now that the Joker War stuff is finally over and her book can find it's own voice outside the event.
    While #25-26 did have the "Joker War" banner, he was not in either issue. It was 2-parter basically setting up a conflict between Selina and Riddler & Penguin. I highly recommend starting there if you're interested.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

By the way the Man-Bat series was planned for 2019 but postponed because of Covid. They only manage to continue it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    By the way we're doing April solicits here? Not in a new thread?
    More like no one started one yet.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    More like no one started one yet.
    You mean no one cared enough to start one. And judging their quality no one should

I think people just assumed this was a thread worth discussing it since it's "Post-March."

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    What is going ON at DC? I thought Action having the wrong artist on its cover was bad but...

AT&T really cut them down to the bone.
    Jim Cheung is the result of cuts? What? He’s one of the most well regarded artists in the industry and I assume he’s paid accordingly. I don’t know which cover you’re looking at, but the one in your post is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Right there with you. I love Melnikov's art and everything about Flatline seems very cool, but I cannot stand that runt Damian and I don't think I can follow a book with a character whose text bubbles I'll likely end up skipping. Maybe she's cool and like Dick and Jon, Flatline can make Damian tolerable, but I'll wait to hear others speak of that.
    Damian's solo books are pretty good in my opinion, and Joshua Williamson has my trust.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Jim Cheung is the result of cuts? What? He’s one of the most well regarded artists in the industry and I assume he’s paid accordingly. I don’t know which cover you’re looking at, but the one in your post is beautiful.
    He's talking about the credits at the corner. But I think there are far bigger evidences of editorial mismanagement out there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I've never said the low sales don't fall on DC (although the current direct market is pretty hard for most comics). I just say these books have low sales, so DC doesn't want to invest on them.

Man-Bat is a mini-series. I guess they take a risk, but we won't see more about this if the sales are so low as you predict.

I don't know how much Titans Academy will sell, but if the sales fall to similar point that sales for Supergirl and Aquaman at the end of their runs, it will surely be canceled too.

PS: Even before Bendis, the floppies of Supergirl doesn't sell good (unless it has a popular variant cover). So, I wouldn't say Bendis is to blame so much for this
    Aquaman and Supergirl had better or similar sales as certain titles that got an ongoing in March!!!
    Last edited by Goldrake; 01-15-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    No. Whoever is doing the trade dress is clearly using a template and rushing. It's just evidence they're extremely overworked over there. Something this forward facing and that should be reviewed (it's literally the advertisement for their product) shouldn't slip out with Writer/Penciller/Inker/Colorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    He's talking about the credits at the corner. But I think there are far bigger evidences of editorial mismanagement out there lol.
    Ah, thanks. My bad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Aquaman and Supergirl had better or similar sales as certain titles that got an ongoing in March!!!
    What ongoing in March sell less than Supergirl and Aquaman?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    With the exception of S.W.O.R.D. and maybe Maestro, are any of those books going to outsell a Batman book? That’s all DC will care about. Not questioning quality of the other books, but it’s all about cold, hard cash sales.
    In summary, I will say:

Marvel : Quanlity > Quantity

DC : Quantity > Quality

People wonder why Marvel slowly grow successful thank to the MCU.