Page 211 of 233 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3488

Yeah, my first reaction was "nice to see Billy here".

So I guess we might be getting Naomi for February? And Monkey Prince was announced earlier for February as well I think so that would be three new series.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still don't get why Hippolyta is on this team.

Also, is the bottom a dream sequence? Because Diana's there and they seem to have handily taken down a bunch of heavy hitters...but this is Bendis, so probably a good chance it all happened off-panel. Also without colors Adam looks like Billy there.
    Saw a theory that kind of makes sense postulating that Black Adam will be basically be the main male hero of the Shazam franchise while Mary is the female one. The Rock is likely going to want Adam to just be an anti-hero rather than a villain, so Adam will ultimately end up as a member of the JL or what not.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

That makes sense and I kinda wonder what does that mean long-term for Billy?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Saw a theory that kind of makes sense postulating that Black Adam will be basically be the main male hero of the Shazam franchise while Mary is the female one. The Rock is likely going to want Adam to just be an anti-hero rather than a villain, so Adam will ultimately end up as a member of the JL or what not.
    Makes sense as one of DC’s main franchises, Injustice, has killed off Billy and has Adam as the main representative of the Shazam mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Black Adam is his own brand at this point even if he's ostensibly still part of the Shazam franchise.

Mary's getting the "Shazam" title so it seems like they're positioning her as the de-facto lead of the franchise until Billy comes back.

Think Jane Foster as Thor, just it makes more sense and probably won't be as disrespectful to the traditional lead.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    That makes sense and I kinda wonder what does that mean long-term for Billy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Makes sense as one of DC’s main franchises, Injustice, has killed off Billy and has Adam as the main representative of the Shazam mythos.
    Billy will probably be back by the time Shazam: War of the Gods comes out. At least that's how these things usually work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Bendis Substack: ART! EXCLUSIVES! JLA! LEGION! JOY! PEARL!

JUSTICE LEAGUE/ DARK

Coming up in Justice League, we have a BIG three-part JUSTICE LEAGUE/ JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK super mega crossover. One of the artists on board is one of my favorites Emanuela Lupacchino.
    Oh god, Bendis is going to put his hands on JLDark. Mercy. I have no interest in see his Lord of chaos again.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Oh god, Bendis is going to put his hands on JLDark. Mercy. I have no interest in see his Lord of chaos again.
    Am I thinking of that one arc in Superman where he fought a magic villain? Because that story got kind of confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Am I thinking of that one arc in Superman where he fought a magic villain? Because that story got kind of confusing.
    That it is what he has done until now, right? Any idea he used in Superman he is putting on Justice League: Naomi, the Utopica, Checkmate, his new Guardians of the Galaxy. If he is going to have an arc with the JLD, it is very probable he is going to use his magic villian he created in the Superman books.

(And don't get surprised when Rogol Zaar reappears on JLvsLoSH).
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    If it helps Ram V is co-writing
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

When are the February solicitations ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    When are the February solicitations ?
    This Fri I suppose.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

https://twitter.com/olmancampbell/st...05368576237573

He's been working on a Black Label book with Spurrier.

About time, he’s been drawing spaceships so I’m curious what this is exactly

Extraordinary Member

Announcement delayed to tomorrow.