Page 212 of 233 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 3488

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    DC's marketing department is as impeccable as ever. Can't even have the man announce his book on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Lmao bravo DC. Guessing they delayed because Xbox is hosting their event right now and that’s eating up all the media attention.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still don't get why Hippolyta is on this team.

Also, is the bottom a dream sequence? Because Diana's there and they seem to have handily taken down a bunch of heavy hitters...but this is Bendis, so probably a good chance it all happened off-panel. Also without colors Adam looks like Billy there.
    I agree. I liked the idea of her being on the team but Bendis hasn't done anything with her. It reminds me of how much I used to long for Mera to join the team and how she did and then Snyder completely blew her off. In each case the only good thing about it was them joining the team--after that there was absolutely no reason for them to be there and nothing to enjoy about it. Especially Mera. That was so disappointing to me.

Astonishing Member

Wonder Woman was busy.

Hope they don’t delay the announcement again after the Spider-Man trailer drops tomorrow. I’m assuming they don’t want it to be overshadowed but that’s all anyone will be talking about tomorrow or even the whole week if Tobey and Andrew are in it
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao bravo DC. Guessing they delayed because Xbox is hosting their event right now and that’s eating up all the media attention.
    Hope they don’t delay the announcement again after the Spider-Man trailer drops tomorrow. I’m assuming they don’t want it to be overshadowed but that’s all anyone will be talking about tomorrow or even the whole week if Tobey and Andrew are in it
    I doubt it, more likely it was delayed a while back and no one bothered to inform Aaron since this seems pretty common with DC announcing stuff.

Extraordinary Member

You probably know Simon Spurrier and Aaron Campbell from their time together on DC’s John Constantine: Hellblazer series. The pair teamed up to create the best John Constantine stories in years, putting out 12 issues that gave the character back his edge and landed on countless best of the year lists by some of the finest tastemakers in comics journalism. Their working relationship on the book was fantastic, wedding the realistic and the magical beautifully.

“We learned that the two of us can get real weird if we want,” Campbell tells us. So of course they’d keep the band together for some more weirdness: this time with the Suicide Squad.

Suicide Squad: Blaze is a new comic from DC’s mature audiences, prestige format Black Label line coming in February from Campbell and Spurrier, and it promises to be every bit as weird as Hellblazer was. But instead of dancing around the occult side of Constantine’s world, this book gives them a chance to look at the horror inherent in the superhero universe.

SUICIDE SQUAD: BLAZE #1

Written by SIMON SPURRIER
    Art and cover by AARON CAMPBELL
    Ages 17+
    $6.99 US | 48 pages | 1 of 3 | Prestige Plus | 8 ½” x 10 7/8″
    On sale 2/8/22

The attacks begin without warning. Brutal, sudden…cannibalistic. A metahuman with all the power of Superman but none of his humanity. An unstoppable being ruled only by hunger and instinct, striking at random across the world. To stop this threat, Harley Quinn, Peacemaker, Captain Boomerang, and King Shark have been assigned to corral, nursemaid, and if necessary execute five deadly new recruits: the expendable products of a secret government procedure called BLAZE. They’re ordinary prisoners, endowed with incredible power…in the certain knowledge that it’ll burn through them like wildfire. They have six months to live, maximum. If you’re staring down life in prison, maybe that’s a good deal—especially if you’re Michael Van Zandt, desperate to reunite with the mad lover who forsook you after your Bonnie-and-Clyde crime spree.

But that power? It’s surprisingly transferrable. As each member of the Squad dies…the others get stronger. What would a hardened criminal do with that knowledge? Worse yet: What would a desperate, lovesick idiot do with it? One thing’s certain: this time the Suicide Squad’s bitten off more than it can chew. Win or lose—they all burn.

Simon Spurrier and Aaron Campbell, the creative team behind the critically acclaimed John Constantine: Hellblazer, have been turned loose on the one DC title even more horrific and blackhearted than that one! We suggest you brace yourselves…
    Last edited by Hypo; 11-16-2021 at 10:14 AM.

…well that’s a huge disappointment. Maybe I’ll check it out but it’s crazy how hard DC still pushes Suicide Squad and Harley despite multiple flops the franchise has undergone (although I suppose this is being crafted with an eye towards drawing in fans of the upcoming video game given that line up).

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    If it helps Ram V is co-writing
    Damage control, I suppose. I really wanted to see the glass half full, but with Bendis had been so much disappointments in the last two years, than I already developted a proclivity against his works. Only Naomi has reached an acceptable level, but any other work at DC had been less than spectacular.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I'm not sure anyone was asking for a horror-themed Suicide Squad mini, but I guess Spurrier could do something interesting with it.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I liked Spurrier & Campbell's Hellblazer, so I'll give this a shot, even though I haven't really liked anything involving the Suicide Squad in years...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Hopefully this news includes Arthur wearing a shirt .

Heresy!!! The essence of Aquaman demands to be shirtless under all circunstances

I mean this in the kindest way: obsession is not just a perfume. Is it that you miss his classic orange? (I do.) Or is it just that you don't want to see his bare chest?