Page 218 of 233 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 3488

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that Williamson might be in the running for the worst Darkseid writer. At least someone like Johns was honest about what he wants to do with Darkseid, while Williamson tries to be grand yet makes it even more stupid.
    Maybe it's not really Darkseid but is actually . . . Darkseid-Mite!

Or maybe "Mister Dieskrad", a 5th dimensional imp?

To me its kinda surprising that he hadn't signed exclusive earlier. I guess DC wasn't willing to pay him as much as he wanted till now.

On one hand this likely means that they’re committing to Jon as he is which makes me happy. On the other hand it probably means he’ll get to write Clark at some point which terrifies me.
    To me its kinda surprising that he hadn't signed exclusive earlier. I guess DC wasn't willing to pay him as much as he wanted till now.
    Moreso it was because DC had abandoned exclusive contracts period across the board. Only Tynion got offered one before this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Is Williamson currently on exclusive?

As for Taylor getting to write Clark... it would be cool if he actually wrote Val-Zod? Nicola Scott is still doing work for DC so to me it sounds like a project that should happen at some point.

Extraordinary Member

Is Williamson currently on exclusive?

As for Taylor getting to write Clark... it would be cool if he actually wrote Val-Zod? Nicola Scott is still doing work for DC so to me it sounds like a project that should happen at some point.
    Williamson signed one back in 2016, dunno what the current status bwould be.

That’s good news for DC. Love or hate his work, the guy writes comics that sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That’s good news for DC. Love or hate his work, the guy writes comics that sell.
    Ehh not always. His Suicide Squad run was a flop.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Some people here will have a meltdown.
    To me is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    1 flop in what? 5 projects?
    That's a good ratio.
    Last edited by Drako; 12-08-2021 at 10:31 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

I'm surprised it happened just recently, lol. Taking into account how much work he's getting from DC.
    I bet he's getting Batman in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I'm surprised it happened just recently, lol. Taking into account how much work he's getting from DC.
    I bet he's getting Batman in a few years.
    That or Justice League are pretty much guaranteed. Wouldn’t surprise me if Taylor gets JL after Bendis given he’s the one writing Jon.

Drako suggested Taylor get Titans and that would be a great fit for him as well. Franchise has sucked for so long that Taylor can’t make it worse, and his penchant for fanservice would mesh well with the Titans fandom sensibilities

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Some people here will have a meltdown.
    I would have a meltdown if another person would get an exclusive deal renewed.

To me is good news.
    And for me too, this means than DC is still willing to take exclusive contracts, but not renoving THAT one is an excellent news.

1 flop in what? 5 projects?
    That's a good ratio.
    It is, far better than the onether one, whose name I will not will mention.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 12-08-2021 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Grammar.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

That or Justice League are pretty much guaranteed. Wouldn’t surprise me if Taylor gets JL after Bendis given he’s the one writing Jon.
    I guess he's the next after Bendis, maybe even sooner than we think. Considering, that he keeps on adding some guest characters like Damian, Dick, Wally and Jackson, it really makes an impression, that Taylor is preparing his own JL line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I guess he's the next after Bendis, maybe even sooner than we think. Considering, that he keeps on adding some guest characters like Damian, Dick, Wally and Jackson, it really makes an impression, that Taylor is preparing his own JL line-up.
    August, maybe?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I guess he had been leaning more DC than Marvel as of late and has had bigger critical successes, so it's not surprising.

Tumblr will have more DC material, at any rate .
    Admittedly, despite having Deadshot and Harley, it wasn't even about the Suicide Squad. So that might've done it.