Page 31 of 233 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Again? That trick never works!
    Goodness me, what in the world am I looking at?!?!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Just a reminder if you guys complaining actually want more DC books of non bat characters, don't read them illegally: https://twitter.com/whatthe_shea/sta...60623823667201

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Just a reminder if you guys complaining actually want more DC books of non bat characters, don't read them illegally: https://twitter.com/whatthe_shea/sta...60623823667201
    I remember Spurrier talking about reading comments from people complaining about his Hellblazer being cancelled on pirate sites. Some people are clowns. Least Batman fans actually buy his stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Bryan Hitch is doing either an issue or a cover for Thorne's GL book:

https://twitter.com/GeoffThorne/stat...46482614464512

well if you have some spare time read the comments in those sites - People there have no shame they complain about everything with what DC is throwing out when they are reading them free and never care to sustain them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I remember Spurrier talking about reading comments from people complaining about his Hellblazer being cancelled on pirate sites. Some people are clowns. Least Batman fans actually buy his stuff.
    Don't blame fans for those sites, I know many people who dropped titles and dont even resort to those sites. They dropped books because they didn't like the runs. So no its not that fans of X dont buy and fans of B yes. Besides fans of Bat are six times the number of the rest. The proportion will always be higher in buying his books.
    However yes those sites are full of comments by people with no shame complaining about issues etc

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    well if you have some spare time read the comments in those sites - People there have no shame they complain about everything with what DC is throwing out when they are reading them free and never care to sustain them.
    Yes and people that use those sites always try to come up with excuses like not being from America or being too poor to afford buying single issues.

Yes and people that use those sites always try to come up with excuses like not being from America or being too poor to afford buying single issues.
    I know, I call them people without shame. That said, those sites have been around even when certain titles had decent sales, what shea doesn't get right, is that readers who drop books aren't doing it because of those sites, but because the book run wasn't liked. Sharp sudden drops in sales can't be blamed on those sites but to stories that arent liked.
    As for the book she was referring to, today's issue was a big let down. Don't expect fans to like it because they have just to.

comic book sales are dictated 3 months before the chart numbers that we see are released
    That's usually why DC can be quick to upgrade or downgrade an announced series to a mini or 12 issue ongoing
    comic book shops are the ones purchasing the books based on what sells
    Even the chart numbers we see month to month aren't accurate because they aren't reflecting the titles that comic shops actually sell
    Then you aren't even accounting for the digital chunk

Altogether I doubt piracy is hurting the comic book industry at all. Maybe digital sales are impacted but those are already so small it can't be make or break for any book besides the digital exclusives

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

No, that one I believe, depending where they from. Single issues in my place costs about the same as a steak meal. Since people prefer manga here, and it's booming, US comics are only available in hobby shops and those only exist in the capital.

This, however, is dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    comic book sales are dictated 3 months before the chart numbers that we see are released
    That's usually why DC can be quick to upgrade or downgrade an announced series to a mini or 12 issue ongoing
    comic book shops are the ones purchasing the books based on what sells
    Even the chart numbers we see month to month aren't accurate because they aren't reflecting the titles that comic shops actually sell
    Then you aren't even accounting for the digital chunk

Altogether I doubt piracy is hurting the comic book industry at all. Maybe digital sales are impacted but those are already so small it can't be make or break for any book besides the digital exclusives
    I feel like DC in particular is changing with so much more of a focus on digital comics and trades. It's clear they aren't as focused on the direct market anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    No, that one I believe, depending where they from. Single issues in my place costs about the same as a steak meal. Since people prefer manga here, and it's booming, US comics are only available in hobby shops and those only exist in the capital.

This, however, is dumb
    I hope DC Universe Infinite launching worldwide will help change the situation then for where you are.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

This, however, is dumb
    Singles in Australia are (relatively) expensive but it just means that I never got into single issues and I'm exclusively trades. I feel bad about the stories I pirated but the fact that they were old runs so I was only taking money out of DC's pocket was at least a little reassuring.

I hope DC Universe Infinite launching worldwide will help change the situation then for where you are.
    Just a shame they are taking so long to release

Astonishing Member

This is me but I buy digital because I like to. I'm too impatient to wait for single issue hard copies and don't want the hassle of not knowing what to do with the books I've read after. I might splurge for a hard cover collection but nothing I already bought single issues. I've only ever made one exception, Ahmed's Black Bolt because that book was simply too beautiful to pass up.

Are DC books pirated more than Marvel's? Marvel Unlimited has been available worldwide for years. So if Marvel's are pirated as much as DC's are, DC Universe Infinite won't fix the situation.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman