Page 34 of 233 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Sidebar, "Charlie Brown has kicked the football" is my favorite variation of "I don't believe what I'm seeing."

Otherwise, yeah, as JSA fans we don't have much else to go on than hope.
    I get that, however I see it like this: they are back in continuity, they have history with characters and the universe again, and some of them are on the cover promoting a big new relaunch of dc. It’s the best we’ve gotten in a while personally outside of Injustice year zero which I know not everyone likes because It’s Injustice.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I get that, however I see it like this: they are back in continuity, they have history with characters and the universe again, and some of them are on the cover promoting a big new relaunch of dc. It’s the best we’ve gotten in a while personally outside of Injustice year zero which I know not everyone likes because It’s Injustice.
    Certainly, and it's better than Power Girl gets (seen, but never heard), but we're still just sitting in "please, sir, may we have some JSA" limbo as we have been since 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Certainly, and it's better than Power Girl gets (seen, but never heard), but we're still just sitting in "please, sir, may we have some JSA" limbo as we have been since 2011.
    And be careful what you ask for, considering how they were originally talking about a return of the "JSA" but instead gave us . . .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And be careful what you ask for, considering how they were originally talking about a return of the "JSA" but instead gave us . . .

Doesn't look like anything to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

This had so much potential.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    He's blaming this one thing because none of the other factors you listed involves theft. I find it interesting that you consider a creator that's complaining of theft to be "CRYING." I mean, you could buy a car and then choose to resell it (a la eBay, 1/2 Price Books, conventions, LCS's, etc.) or you could decide to donate it (a la the library) or I could come to your house and steal it. If I did that I guess you'd be crying if you complained about it. BTW, thanks for the car.
    Piracy is not theft, creating a copy and sharing that doesn't effect the original

Extraordinary Member

Joelle Jones posted some new stuff she's working on, presumably it's from the rumored/pseudo-announced miniseries:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKtEiLThwcJ/

Last edited by Hypo; 01-31-2021 at 07:48 AM.

On a side note, thanks to Hypo for always making these updates. It's appreciated.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    On a side note, thanks to Hypo for always making these updates. It's appreciated.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Another new Williamson interview( this time a podcast): https://aipt-comics.simplecast.com/e...e-of-dc-comics

mostly the same stuff he's talked about in earlier interviews this week, but he does says he was offered a Aqauaman book but turned it down. He also talks about not being that invested in justice leaue odyssey and that's why the book had a lot of issues in the beginning, he wished Abnett was on the book from the start.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Another new Williamson interview( this time a podcast): https://aipt-comics.simplecast.com/e...e-of-dc-comics

mostly the same stuff he's talked about in earlier interviews this week, but he does says he was offered an Aquaman book but turned it down. He also talks about not being that invested in justice leaue odyssey and that's why the book had a lot of issues in the beginning, he wished Abnett was on the book from the start.
    Nooooooo!!!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Nooooooo!!!
    actually he says he wants to write Aquaman eventually, but not now.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Nooooooo!!!
    Well it's a character he has no interest in writing. Imagine if he decided to write it. I'm sure it's possible you'll get a lot of complaints on how he handled the book. If a writer is interested in writing such character, then you'll see the time and passion that's put in the book. If a writer isn't interested, then you'll see a lack of passion and investment in writing the book with said character. I've seen that more than enough already with certain writers. I certainly don't want fans to have that same experience that I've experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    actually he says he wants to write Aquaman eventually, but not now.
    Ah ok, that's good, then. Sounds like he just wasn't ready yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

Yes! Thank you for all your hard work Hypo .
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

mostly the same stuff he's talked about in earlier interviews this week, but he does says he was offered a Aqauaman book but turned it down. He also talks about not being that invested in justice leaue odyssey and that's why the book had a lot of issues in the beginning, he wished Abnett was on the book from the start.
    So...they were pitching Aquaman instead of not leaving him with a book? Hmm.

That makes a lot of sense about JLO.